There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What do the 49ers have to do to win?

What do the 49ers have to do to win?

We need to go out there and punch them in tha mouff
Originally posted by English:
As a favour for one of the visiting Giants fans I have set this poll up. I wouldn't normally do this, but after a landslide of unpleasant visitors this season, most of whom had to be banned, it has been a pleasure to have these guys visiting.

And, just to show our class in return let's be serious here and keep the idiot responses to a minimum.

Thank you.
Thanx bud.This board has def been the best enemy board I've been on! I know there's always the casual shot with me a fan of the visiting team but it's all in fun! And I hope to stay and talk football always even after the game.thanx again
This game will be won in the trenches... O-line was outperform the Giants d-line
"Score more points than the other team." HILARIOUS!! But seriously, how? Eli is one tough SOB. I don't think I have ever seen him quit. I don't think you can stop Eli. You try to contain him and hope the clock runs out in time. Eli is one of those qbs who take a 20 yard sack on second down and score a touchdown on 3rd down. ANNOYING!!
No turnovers
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
No turnovers

This = #1 priority + force turn overs................
I really wanna see our passing game step up once again, but I agree with the thread maker.

We gotta go out there, whether it be on O or D, and hit those f**kers in the mouth.

I'm talking about a Carlos Rogers blitz to beat up Eli the way Rogers hit Romo last year.

I'm talking Gore and Hunter up the middle and to the outside. Then...we let Smith and the receivers take over.

Can't f**king wait.
Originally posted by Eli-te:
Originally posted by English:
As a favour for one of the visiting Giants fans I have set this poll up. I wouldn't normally do this, but after a landslide of unpleasant visitors this season, most of whom had to be banned, it has been a pleasure to have these guys visiting.

And, just to show our class in return let's be serious here and keep the idiot responses to a minimum.

Thank you.
Thanx bud.This board has def been the best enemy board I've been on! I know there's always the casual shot with me a fan of the visiting team but it's all in fun! And I hope to stay and talk football always even after the game.thanx again

You will be very welcome. More so if we win, obviously!
TIghten up our kickoff and punt return coverage. We don't want to make special teams screwups the deciding factor, like the last time we played the Giants.
I think Pressure Eli, so he doesn't get it to Cruz, and kill us in the secondary, even though we are vastly improved, I still hate Cruz, he is a mismatch for any DB IMO.

On offense, we need to play our style, throw some, but pound it down there throats.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Though all are important, I voted for stopping the NYG pass rush.

Give Alex his 3 seconds and he will carve defenses up each week.

This all day, 7 days a week and twice on Sunday
Originally posted by WildBill:
Establishing the run, with Gore, Hunter, Kaep, and company (wr's, AS, and others). This will do two things, make the playaction more effective. Keep Eli off the field to give the D rest time, thus preventing Eli from getting into his game rhythmn.

This. If we play our game, we win.
Succeed on offense. WR and Smith must have a big game. Our defense can hold but only if they get rested and the offense moves the ball down the field and takes shots down field.
1) Pressure Manning consistently throughout the game (BIG challenge)
2) When Manning throws deep into the coverage, DB's have to keep the ball in front of them and make plays on the ball (not just tackles after long completions)
3) Establish the Run
4) Take shots to Wide Recievers early and often (Giants will likely double cover VD, if not then shots to VD) This is a perfect game for Moss or Manningham to break out
Mistake free game as the teams are evenly matched. Should probably cover Cruz deep