What do the 49ers have to do to win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do the 49ers have to do to win?

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
POUND on them with the running game , nuetralize their pass rush

Throw the ball DEEP downfield early , get that 8th man out of the box

dont let Eli get comfortable , he needs to get hit early and often

^^^This^^^
Do exactly what we did in the postseason, except just use receivers other than DII level receivers Joe Hastings and Brett Swain. Regardless of Williams' fumbles, the awful luck in Eli's would-be interceptions, and the terrible fumble call, I maintain that the real downfall of the team was the absolute trash we had at WR after our injuries to Edwards, Morgan, Ginn, and Walker.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dhp318:
Do exactly what we did in the postseason, except just use receivers other than DII level receivers Joe Hastings and Brett Swain. Regardless of Williams' fumbles, the awful luck in Eli's would-be interceptions, and the terrible fumble call, I maintain that the real downfall of the team was the absolute trash we had at WR after our injuries to Edwards, Morgan, Ginn, and Walker.

when you look at those names hastings and swain, you just shudder and shake your head. Then most of us understand its not a shock we did not win that game with those two out there
1 - Give Alex time in the pocket

2 - Get early 2+ score lead

3 - Keep Eli off the field

4 - Turnovers way in our favor
we cannot stop eli; therefore, i selected other. Alex has to air it out.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
1 - Give Alex time in the pocket

2 - Get early 2+ score lead

3 - Keep Eli off the field

4 - Turnovers way in our favor
thats it, good job, get ahead by two scores in the fourth and then run it.. unlike last year do not go away from the run if it is working
Attack their ailing secondary and keep giving doses of Gore, Hunter, and hopefully Jacobs. Vernon Davis should be able to put up some VERY big numbers on sunday.
If we keep their pass rush under 3 sacks, we'll win.
Make Eli sit as much as possible. Our ability to run the ball will be huge, and probably the difference. That and not turn the ball over.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i think if we can score more points than them, we'll win.
Establishing the run, with Gore, Hunter, Kaep, and company (wr's, AS, and others). This will do two things, make the playaction more effective. Keep Eli off the field to give the D rest time, thus preventing Eli from getting into his game rhythmn.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i think if we can score more points than them, we'll win.

Its already been mentioned but theres just not enough evidence to back it up.
1. Get Pressure on Eli, we need to hit him early and often, get him rattled. We at least have to make him get rid of the ball quickly, but a few sacks would be nice.
2. Hold their pass rush in check, Staley is going to have to be on his A game going against Pierre Paul, give Alex time to throw.
3. On offense if we keep them honest and make them play us straight up and take the 8th guy out of the box, we are going to score some points.
4. Exploit mismatches, like a few guys in this thread have said, the Giants' linebackers aren't exactly speed demons so I think VD can have a big game if they try and play man on him.
5. Continue the creativity on offense, have really liked and enjoyed the play calling the past couple of games, Get Kaep involved like we have been, have a few different guys carrying the ball, different personnel groupings, and throw the ball downfield some.
6. Kick/punt coverage, has been a little shaky this year, hopefully we improve this week and don't allow any big returns.

Should be a good game and Go Niners!
Don't fumble 2 punts. 1 in the 4th quarter and 1 in overtime.....
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
penetrate the hole.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
score more points than the giants

This
[ Edited by 99problems on Oct 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone