There are 235 users in the forums

Who is More Consistent: Frank Gore or Kendall Hunter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by jreff22:
it answers your question because you aren't taking into account plays being called

3 early runs on the goal line in the jumbo....even if he scores its only 1 yard

You want me to scrub those out? Anything ran inside the 5?
that would be better IMO.

This is still flawed however.

The jumbo package is brought in occasions other than when the offense is inside the five. For example, the 49er may go jumbo on 3rd and 1.

To be a fair comparison, you have to wipe out all rushing yardage when yards were gained from the jumbo package for both players.
gores averaging like 6 yards a carry, and hes doing major damage with less carries. Gore>hunter. hunter comes in after gore punished the other team for most of the game so theyre more vulnerable to his speed, gore is doing everything against fresh defenders. i think hunter is a great compliment to Gore but you cant argue with 6 yards a pop for a starting RB.
Hate this thread. Absolutely hate it.

Does not account for so many, many variables that are present during each play-call.

Useless math.
All i know is i luv this running attack and all that goes into it.

I have no words to express the joy Watching gore set defenders up either behind his blocks or in the open field. The old man is making would be tacklers look slow and just plain ol bad at times.

Explosive, good vision and hard to tackle, Hunter is everything he was billed to be coming into his second year. Just hope they work him into the passing game more.

Great duo.....Great scheme
[ Edited by Allx9er on Oct 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Hate this thread. Absolutely hate it.

Does not account for so many, many variables that are present during each play-call.

Useless math.

Nice rebuttal
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

The jumbo package is brought in occasions other than when the offense is inside the five. For example, the 49er may go jumbo on 3rd and 1.

To be a fair comparison, you have to wipe out all rushing yardage when yards were gained from the jumbo package for both players.

Yes, of course. But I got most of them.

I would have to watch film and game chart to see the package.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Yes, of course. But I got most of them.

I would have to watch film and game chart to see the package.

You Singletary?
Nice thread, Nick.
Originally posted by English:
You Singletary?

Ha!

but really, I'm extracting data from the play by plays at NFL.com and ESPN.com. Unless they list Kilgore or Davis as eligible, I don't know its a jumbo package.
Comical that we are having a debate on this.....just be grateful we have BOTH!

Gore gets 3 times the amount of carries as Hunter. Therefor, the stats don't say much.
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
Gore gets 3 times the amount of carries as Hunter. Therefor, the stats don't say much.

80/37 =/= 3x
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:

80/37 =/= 3x

Okay. I don't understand what you're trying to do here, but I guess Gore has 80 carries and Hunter has 37. The stats still don't say much...
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."- Mark Twain
Originally posted by Janitor:
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."- Mark Twain

Are you saying these numbers are a lie?
Share 49ersWebzone