LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Never thought I would ever say this, but I miss Randy Moss.

He opened up a lot of things for our offense. Defenders gave him a 20 yard cushion last year.

Yup. His numbers didn't tell the whole story. He still forced DBs to play off and it opened things up underneath his side of the field. We're missing that threat.

We also miss Delanie a ton. Teams had to respect his ability to stretch the field. I think McDonald can develop into a threat in time, but as of now he's a big downgrade.

Delanie, Moss, Crabs. These players scared the defense.

McDonald is a rookie, and he's raw. I still like him. He'll keep getting better, but he's not setting the world on fire in his rookie year.

He opened up a lot of things for our offense. Defenders gave him a 20 yard cushion last year.

Yup. His numbers didn't tell the whole story. He still forced DBs to play off and it opened things up underneath his side of the field. We're missing that threat.

We also miss Delanie a ton. Teams had to respect his ability to stretch the field. I think McDonald can develop into a threat in time, but as of now he's a big downgrade.

thats the salary cap era gentleman coupled with being a good team. other teams over pay for your guys. seattle will be facing this soon too.

Was a huge influence on Kap, as well. -Randy was always giving Kap the business on the sideline, forcing him to look at photographs, and how to watch for 'Spy' (as shown in an NFL Films clip).
  • Silky
  • Veteran
any news on crabs return yet?
Somehow I get the feeling that the expectations are very high for the return of Crabs. I hope he has the connection he did last season.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Somehow I get the feeling that the expectations are very high for the return of Crabs. I hope he has the connection he did last season.

They are and the hype on his potential impact I think is far too high. Crabtree was great last season, but he suffered a substantial injury and will be coming back mid season. It may take him a few games to get back up to speed and conditioning and by then it could be too late for 2013.
If he can grab 7-8 balls a game and help move the sticks it should greatly help out VD and Q but I still say that we have to find a way for Baldwin to help us stretch the field
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Nov 20, 2013 at 6:23 AM ]
Originally posted by bzborow1:
They are and the hype on his potential impact I think is far too high. Crabtree was great last season, but he suffered a substantial injury and will be coming back mid season. It may take him a few games to get back up to speed and conditioning and by then it could be too late for 2013.
I think we needed Crabtree to beat the Colts, Panthers, and Saints.

I don't think we need Crabtree to beat anyone else, so I don't think it's too late.

I didn't mention Seattle because I don't think he will matter, he was shutdown against Seattle last year.
They are saying Crabtree may not be back for a few weeks now.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:

it is stupid if they bring him back to soon. if he is not ready ,he is not ready. we all thought mario coming back would help but of course it did not. if crabs comes back, i doubt roman will know what to do with him anyway

Michael Crabtree will have little or no impact on the rest of this season unfortunately. The 49ers are sitting around waiting for him to come back as their savior.. They should have taken care of this during the NFL trade period. As who is to say he will be the same? Darn if I knew if this my 1000th post, I would have done something else...
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Nov 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM ]

Who is "they"?
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Who is "they"?

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN3h
Michael Crabtree will be added to 49ers roster within a week but may not be ready for chaos of game action quite yet. http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/crabtree-will-be-53-man-roster-within-week ;…
I get the idea Crabs had some minor setback when he started integrating into practice b4 Panthers game or maybe they realized he's just not ready to fully practice yet and are being extra cautious & conservative still. I hope it's the latter. Either way he'll be on the 53 – roster by Tuesday.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I get the idea Crabs had some minor setback when he started integrating into practice b4 Panthers game or maybe they realized he's just not ready to fully practice yet and are being extra cautious & conservative still. I hope it's the latter. Either way he'll be on the 53 – roster by Tuesday.

That injury is nothing to laugh at. I am surprised he is even trying to play this year. That day in May really screwed us over
Share 49ersWebzone