There are 227 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
all this assumes crabtree will be himself...i don't think that's a realistic assumption coming off such an injury, especially at the wr position. it won't be til next yr he'll be back to himself i think

Unless he's having deer antler for breakfast lunch and dinner
When is the deadline for activating Crabs?
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Originally posted by Stanley:
Theoretically, Crabtree pushes everyone back into the normal roles, where they will be more productive. Boldin as a #2, and Mario as a #3. With legitimate threats at both WR spots, and a slot - why wouldn't that force defenses to at least start thinking about having to defend more of the field?

Boldin no longer gets matched up with the #1 corner alone is helpful in my mind. With more attention on the WR's, that would naturally open Vernon Davis up, as well as Vance if he ever figures it out.

But of course, all depends on gameplanning and Kap.

Yup, Crabtree is going to make a huge difference... I feel he is so reliable that he really helps Kaep get into a rhythm early and get that swagger going...

I'm not sure how big of a difference Crabs will make coming off that injury, this year at least but I do believe that he was a big part of Kap's development last year; the two of them developed an undeniably excellent chemistry and IMO, brought out the best in each other. His absence has been, in part, a pretty big blow to our offense. Assuming Crabtree successfully recovers from this injury, I want to keep him in red & gold for a very long time.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I'm not sure how big of a difference Crabs will make coming off that injury, this year at least but I do believe that he was a big part of Kap's development last year; the two of them developed an undeniably excellent chemistry and IMO, brought out the best in each other. His absence has been, in part, a pretty big blow to our offense. Assuming Crabtree successfully recovers from this injury, I want to keep him in red & gold for a very long time.

ur discounting moss and delanie walker being on the field

ESPECIALLY DELANIE WALKER

i think we miss him big time
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Already claimed him on my fantasy team
Originally posted by VDSF:
Already claimed him on my fantasy team

Already got him in my flex spot for this week. Got to win to make playoffs, here we go.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
When is the deadline for activating Crabs?

Pretty sure it's Tues 11/26.
so is he starting?
play this man!!!!!

if our offense takes off with Crabs he is gonna get a big contract. win win for everyone except us next year bc we won't give him big bucks and our offense will regress back to this s**t
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
play this man!!!!!

if our offense takes off with Crabs he is gonna get a big contract. win win for everyone except us next year bc we won't give him big bucks and our offense will regress back to this s**t

Sounds better than Ioverratedupati.

Originally posted by iLL49er:
all this assumes crabtree will be himself...i don't think that's a realistic assumption coming off such an injury, especially at the wr position. it won't be til next yr he'll be back to himself i think

Unless he's having deer antler for breakfast lunch and dinner

If he plays in the pre-season lmao
  • Antix
  • Veteran
People keep saying it won't matter if Crabs isn't himself. I don't see why. Defenders will have to defend more and Kap had excellent chemistry with Kap, better than he has with both Boldin and Davis. As long as Crab doesn't drop any passes it'll help quite a bit I think.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
People keep saying it won't matter if Crabs isn't himself. I don't see why. Defenders will have to defend more and Kap had excellent chemistry with Kap, better than he has with both Boldin and Davis. As long as Crab doesn't drop any passes it'll help quite a bit I think.

Right... it will make a difference because coaches/DBs won't take a chance on whether Crabs (theoretically) is out there as a decoy or not. It makes a bit of a difference with MM out there and he's not even 100% game speed (yet), what more when we get Crabs back... Crabs/MM/Boldin/VD, that's gonna open up a lot of sh!t on opposing defenses. Kap and Roman could (all of a sudden) look/seem like they have regained their former selves.......
Never thought I would ever say this, but I miss Randy Moss.

He opened up a lot of things for our offense. Defenders gave him a 20 yard cushion last year.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Never thought I would ever say this, but I miss Randy Moss.

He opened up a lot of things for our offense. Defenders gave him a 20 yard cushion last year.

Yup. His numbers didn't tell the whole story. He still forced DBs to play off and it opened things up underneath his side of the field. We're missing that threat.

We also miss Delanie a ton. Teams had to respect his ability to stretch the field. I think McDonald can develop into a threat in time, but as of now he's a big downgrade.
Share 49ersWebzone