LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by VectorGoal:
Good for the guy to be coming back from this injury, but I have doubts on his impact for the team. Return to field doesn't mean return to form, never happened before especially with an achilles. Others were playing already from this injury but they weren't close to the same player. Even more important for a WR.

Guy is going to be a shell of what he usually is. Though a good player I don't consider him one of those special to be an exception.

That's a more realistic view. It's a tough injury to gain confidence in mentally too. Most of these injuries are caused by sudden bursts, so he'll have that thought in his mind as he changes direction. That's usually how he gets open, with a very good long stride change of direction. His hands and catch radius will still be an improvement over what the 49ers have now. I expect him to consistently be beating coverage versus average CBs by mid December. That will be a nice boost in the WR corp for sure.
Originally posted by thl408:
Good for the guy to be coming back from this injury, but I have doubts on his impact for the team. Return to field doesn't mean return to form, never happened before especially with an achilles. Others were playing already from this injury but they weren't close to the same player. Even more important for a WR.

Guy is going to be a shell of what he usually is. Though a good player I don't consider him one of those special to be an exception.

That's a more realistic view. It's a tough injury to gain confidence in mentally too. Most of these injuries are caused by sudden bursts, so he'll have that thought in his mind as he changes direction. That's usually how he gets open, with a very good long stride change of direction. His hands and catch radius will still be an improvement over what the 49ers have now. I expect him to consistently be beating coverage versus average CBs by mid December. That will be a nice boost in the WR corp for sure.

And a much appreciated aspect of his game as well! I love the way crabs just snatchs that ball out of the air, in front of his body. We only had 1 wr so far this season who could consistently catch so def will be welcomed
Goniners
Originally posted by frankie:

And a much appreciated aspect of his game as well! I love the way crabs just snatchs that ball out of the air, in front of his body. We only had 1 wr so far this season who could consistently catch so def will be welcomed
Goniners
im still hoping baldwin gets more passes thrown his way. he played well and then got sick the last few weeks. if that guy can become a contributor in place of s**tty ass kyle williams were gonna be dangerous. Boldin, crabs, manningham, baldwin and patton goin into the playoffs? Ill take that
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by frankie:

Goniners
im still hoping baldwin gets more passes thrown his way. he played well and then got sick the last few weeks. if that guy can become a contributor in place of s**tty ass kyle williams were gonna be dangerous. Boldin, crabs, manningham, baldwin and patton goin into the playoffs? Ill take that

Agreed, baldwin provides that big bodied reciever on the outside. Where boldin, crabs, davis can line up in virtually any spot to cause major mismatches all over the field. Last yr crabs, we moved him around from outside to slot, as well as we do with boldin which baltimore did with him as well. A cb's nughtmare is facing against davis who can line up at te, slot or outside. And his route running and catching had greatly improved. We have the makings of a hellaciously great wr te core to go along with gore, hunter, james, miller who can all catch as well! This aint even knowing what to expect from patton coming back from foot inj. Tho he looks to be special, makings of a great slot reciever once our guys return as well. We have lots of talent. 4 yrs ago many could only dream bout having on this team. Lol anquan comes to mind on this one lol. Looking forward to a great second half if season. And if we get up in first half by multiple scores and run out the second half to killout games im good with that as well also!
Bring on the panthers
Goniners
[ Edited by frankie on Nov 8, 2013 at 1:27 AM ]

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/58387/in-their-own-words-how-nba-stars-deal-with-achilles-injuries

His achilles will be stronger.

If NBA players can come back from this injury, anybody can. He is dealing with the most modern techniques and training also.

Crabtree stepped cold as ice onto a NFL football field with only two weeks of NFL practice and instantly became a productive starting WR. If anybody can come back strong from this injury, it's Michael Crabtree.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/58387/in-their-own-words-how-nba-stars-deal-with-achilles-injuries

His achilles will be stronger.

If NBA players can come back from this injury, anybody can. He is dealing with the most modern techniques and training also.

Crabtree stepped cold as ice onto a NFL football field with only two weeks of NFL practice and instantly became a productive starting WR. If anybody can come back strong from this injury, it's Michael Crabtree.

Good point!!
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/11/08/crabtree-in-weight-room-as-practice-begins/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/11/08/crabtree-in-weight-room-as-practice-begins/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

No need to be out there for final game preparation when he can get some weight work in. He wasn't playing this week so would not be in on any reps.
  • Ether
  • Veteran

Didn't Kendall Hunter have the same injury? He's back and looks better than ever.

Originally posted by Ether:
Didn't Kendall Hunter have the same injury? He's back and looks better than ever.

Kendall Hunter had extra recovery time. He got injured in November and didn't play in his first game until August, a difference of 9 months, Crabtree got injured in April and is returning in November, a difference of 7 months, definitely a much faster recovery time, so who knows if he'll be truly up to full speed or not.
Originally posted by Ether:

Terrell Suggs came back from the same injury last year, and even though I hate those dirty cheating Obama care endorsing pieces of s**t I thought it was a good example.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Terrell Suggs came back from the same injury last year, and even though I hate those dirty cheating Obama care endorsing pieces of s**t I thought it was a good example.

He did come back, but he was not nearly the same player before that injury all the way to the end of the season. That's the expectation I have for Crabs, even more so as a WR.
God this guy looks like a motherf**king tank, he's gonna be really f**king strong when he comes back, hard to deal with in the redzone.
all of the naysaying lol

"f**k crabtree he's a b***h with glass feet and wont be anything evern remotely f**kin close to his previous form injuries r srs business"
Share 49ersWebzone