There are 204 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,000
^^ What/Why
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Hope he's back for the Saints game

Rams

Yup, let him get some practice reps with the Lambs. I don't trust that artificial turf in the Superdome. Plus those d******ds will be playing for keeps (might get dirty) since we're fighting each other for home field and we beat them last year in their house.

Vilma suspiciously took out both Hunter and KW all in the same play last year in the Dome
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,000
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Vilma suspiciously took out both Hunter and KW all in the same play last year in the Dome

Damn that guy
Originally posted by LVJay:
Damn that guy

I wonder how much the bounty was on Williams and Hunters heads
  • Ether
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,502
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Damn that guy

I wonder how much the bounty was on Williams and Hunters heads

I'm pretty sure we would have to pay them to take out Williams. Every team licks their chops when they see Kyle back on returns.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,000
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I wonder how much the bounty was on Williams and Hunters heads

f**k those b*****ds... they got the bounty on their asses now, it started in the loss to the Jets, lol!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,000
Originally posted by Ether:
I'm pretty sure we would have to pay them to take out Williams. Every team licks their chops when they see Kyle back on returns.

LOL, it probably irks players on special teams "damn, I can't lay him out, he called fair catch AGAIN!!"
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Basketball has more athletes that could cross over and excel in the NFL. Lebron could play anything in the NFL from TE, OLB, S, FS, CB, QB, WR. He would rule the NFL combine and he would go before Clowney. But why would he choose the NFL when the NBA is more lucrative with greater longevity. Now just what position would any NFL player play in the NBA?? The NBA takes much more size, skill and ability just to play any of the 5 spots on the floor. There is a physocal element to the NFL but once he takes a few hits, LBJ would rule the NFL. I would want him on the 49ers. And there are plenty others in the NBA that could do some of the same things. What could an NFL player do in the NBA? Natural selection bro

The only reason most NFL players couldn't play in the NBA is height. And LeBron James himself stated that he ran the 40 yard dash in 4.6 seconds. Nobody can "rule the NFL" with a 40 time of 4.6. He wouldn't even crack the Niner first string defense - too slow for any LB position and certainly couldn't run in the secondary. Impossible. He MIGHT be able to cut it as a TE, but Vance McDonald is the same speed, much bigger and much stronger. NFL players are in better shape, they have more discipline, they are lots faster and a lot stronger. The game they play is orders of magnitude more complicated. They are, on the average, much smarter athletes. If you were correct that basketball has more athletes who could play in the NFL, we would have seen that by now because only a small number make the big money. James would, at best, be a decent tight end. He's not fast enough to be one of the best tight ends. The lucrative aspect you keep repeating is irrelevant to the argument. Your argument that the NBA takes more skill and ability to play any of the five spots is arguable. How much skill does it take for a 7 foot tall person to dunk a basketball? I know a 65 year old man who can consistently make over 95 out of 100 free throw shots. I once saw him make 77 in a row. On the other hand, there are probably less than 32 athletes on the entire planet who can play quarterback for an NFL football team effectively at any given time. How many NBA basketball players have the speed, quickness and strength to cover the average #1 receiver on a given NFL offense? How many NBA starters could get open and catch a football with Richard Sherman guarding them? Is there any player in the NBA who could hold his ground with two NFL linemen trying to push him out of a play? Is there any athlete in the NBA who could go sideline to sideline as quickly as Patrick Willis or Navaro Bowman. How many NBA starters could assimilate a typical NFL playbook? How many plays does an NBA player need to prepare for? Come on. They draw up new ones on the floor in the middle of games sometimes. It's not even in the same universe as far as complexity. Basketball is a simple game by comparison. American football is the most complicated, complex and demanding team sport ever invented.

Well said
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Basketball has more athletes that could cross over and excel in the NFL. Lebron could play anything in the NFL from TE, OLB, S, FS, CB, QB, WR. He would rule the NFL combine and he would go before Clowney. But why would he choose the NFL when the NBA is more lucrative with greater longevity. Now just what position would any NFL player play in the NBA?? The NBA takes much more size, skill and ability just to play any of the 5 spots on the floor. There is a physocal element to the NFL but once he takes a few hits, LBJ would rule the NFL. I would want him on the 49ers. And there are plenty others in the NBA that could do some of the same things. What could an NFL player do in the NBA? Natural selection bro

The only reason most NFL players couldn't play in the NBA is height. And LeBron James himself stated that he ran the 40 yard dash in 4.6 seconds. Nobody can "rule the NFL" with a 40 time of 4.6. He wouldn't even crack the Niner first string defense - too slow for any LB position and certainly couldn't run in the secondary. Impossible. He MIGHT be able to cut it as a TE, but Vance McDonald is the same speed, much bigger and much stronger. NFL players are in better shape, they have more discipline, they are lots faster and a lot stronger. The game they play is orders of magnitude more complicated. They are, on the average, much smarter athletes. If you were correct that basketball has more athletes who could play in the NFL, we would have seen that by now because only a small number make the big money. James would, at best, be a decent tight end. He's not fast enough to be one of the best tight ends. The lucrative aspect you keep repeating is irrelevant to the argument. Your argument that the NBA takes more skill and ability to play any of the five spots is arguable. How much skill does it take for a 7 foot tall person to dunk a basketball? I know a 65 year old man who can consistently make over 95 out of 100 free throw shots. I once saw him make 77 in a row. On the other hand, there are probably less than 32 athletes on the entire planet who can play quarterback for an NFL football team effectively at any given time. How many NBA basketball players have the speed, quickness and strength to cover the average #1 receiver on a given NFL offense? How many NBA starters could get open and catch a football with Richard Sherman guarding them? Is there any player in the NBA who could hold his ground with two NFL linemen trying to push him out of a play? Is there any athlete in the NBA who could go sideline to sideline as quickly as Patrick Willis or Navaro Bowman. How many NBA starters could assimilate a typical NFL playbook? How many plays does an NBA player need to prepare for? Come on. They draw up new ones on the floor in the middle of games sometimes. It's not even in the same universe as far as complexity. Basketball is a simple game by comparison. American football is the most complicated, complex and demanding team sport ever invented.

Well said
Now this is truly thread corruption on a day like today with the news we received today. This has to be months old but I still maintain that there are more crossover NBA to NFL candidates than there are NFL to NBA. Height did not stop NBA point guards like Iverson or Stockton but skill athleticism and stamina would have if they didn't have it. There are a number of NBA players that with some training can cross over to the NFL. Yes size is a factor but hasn't this always been the case? We really don't need to argue this today DURING the season and on the day of Crabs return to practice. Every one has an opinion and I love to watch NFL way more than NBA but from what I know of athletics I know not to discount an NBA athlete. Its a whole lotta explosive well conditioned man right there
The only reason most NFL players couldn't play in the NBA is height. And LeBron James himself stated that he ran the 40 yard dash in 4.6 seconds. Nobody can "rule the NFL" with a 40 time of 4.6. He wouldn't even crack the Niner first string defense - too slow for any LB position and certainly couldn't run in the secondary. Impossible. He MIGHT be able to cut it as a TE, but Vance McDonald is the same speed, much bigger and much stronger. NFL players are in better shape, they have more discipline, they are lots faster and a lot stronger. The game they play is orders of magnitude more complicated. They are, on the average, much smarter athletes. If you were correct that basketball has more athletes who could play in the NFL, we would have seen that by now because only a small number make the big money. James would, at best, be a decent tight end. He's not fast enough to be one of the best tight ends. The lucrative aspect you keep repeating is irrelevant to the argument. Your argument that the NBA takes more skill and ability to play any of the five spots is arguable. How much skill does it take for a 7 foot tall person to dunk a basketball? I know a 65 year old man who can consistently make over 95 out of 100 free throw shots. I once saw him make 77 in a row. On the other hand, there are probably less than 32 athletes on the entire planet who can play quarterback for an NFL football team effectively at any given time. How many NBA basketball players have the speed, quickness and strength to cover the average #1 receiver on a given NFL offense? How many NBA starters could get open and catch a football with Richard Sherman guarding them? Is there any player in the NBA who could hold his ground with two NFL linemen trying to push him out of a play? Is there any athlete in the NBA who could go sideline to sideline as quickly as Patrick Willis or Navaro Bowman. How many NBA starters could assimilate a typical NFL playbook? How many plays does an NBA player need to prepare for? Come on. They draw up new ones on the floor in the middle of games sometimes. It's not even in the same universe as far as complexity. Basketball is a simple game by comparison. American football is the most complicated, complex and demanding team sport ever invented


sorry man disagree with your lebron assessment. he is 6' 8", 250 lbs with around a 40 inch vertical leap. he ran a 4.6 without training. he's as fast as gronkowski is right now but arguably more agile and definitely more leaping ability. jimmy graham only runs a 4.53... there's no reason to believe that if his purpose was to play in the nfl he wouldn't be as good as both of those guys.. based off of athletic ability alone.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
The only reason most NFL players couldn't play in the NBA is height. And LeBron James himself stated that he ran the 40 yard dash in 4.6 seconds. Nobody can "rule the NFL" with a 40 time of 4.6. He wouldn't even crack the Niner first string defense - too slow for any LB position and certainly couldn't run in the secondary. Impossible. He MIGHT be able to cut it as a TE, but Vance McDonald is the same speed, much bigger and much stronger. NFL players are in better shape, they have more discipline, they are lots faster and a lot stronger. The game they play is orders of magnitude more complicated. They are, on the average, much smarter athletes. If you were correct that basketball has more athletes who could play in the NFL, we would have seen that by now because only a small number make the big money. James would, at best, be a decent tight end. He's not fast enough to be one of the best tight ends. The lucrative aspect you keep repeating is irrelevant to the argument. Your argument that the NBA takes more skill and ability to play any of the five spots is arguable. How much skill does it take for a 7 foot tall person to dunk a basketball? I know a 65 year old man who can consistently make over 95 out of 100 free throw shots. I once saw him make 77 in a row. On the other hand, there are probably less than 32 athletes on the entire planet who can play quarterback for an NFL football team effectively at any given time. How many NBA basketball players have the speed, quickness and strength to cover the average #1 receiver on a given NFL offense? How many NBA starters could get open and catch a football with Richard Sherman guarding them? Is there any player in the NBA who could hold his ground with two NFL linemen trying to push him out of a play? Is there any athlete in the NBA who could go sideline to sideline as quickly as Patrick Willis or Navaro Bowman. How many NBA starters could assimilate a typical NFL playbook? How many plays does an NBA player need to prepare for? Come on. They draw up new ones on the floor in the middle of games sometimes. It's not even in the same universe as far as complexity. Basketball is a simple game by comparison. American football is the most complicated, complex and demanding team sport ever invented


sorry man disagree with your lebron assessment. he is 6' 8", 250 lbs with around a 40 inch vertical leap. he ran a 4.6 without training. he's as fast as gronkowski is right now but arguably more agile and definitely more leaping ability. jimmy graham only runs a 4.53... there's no reason to believe that if his purpose was to play in the nfl he wouldn't be as good as both of those guys.. based off of athletic ability alone.

Except for the fact whenever lebron falls down he gets injured.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Except for the fact whenever lebron falls down he gets injured.

he's never been injured in his career lol.

and all of that grimacing stuff is acting, shameful but acting.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
he's never been injured in his career lol.

and all of that grimacing stuff is acting, shameful but acting.

Still doubt he could take a hit in the nfl. Nfl tackling is much much rougher then flagrant fouls in the nba. You get fouled hard in basketball you hit the deck and slide, getting tackled hard in football you get smashed to the ground and dragged.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Nov 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM ]
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Except for the fact whenever lebron falls down he gets injured.

he's never been injured in his career lol.

and all of that grimacing stuff is acting, shameful but acting.

Did you see that post about Richard Sherman guarding LeBron on a jump ball? Ha ha. That is laughable. LeBron would punk Richard Sherman just by size and girth alone. Then you add in his vertical and the large hands to palm and catch the football with either his left or right hand. No way a puny dick Sherman covers a LeBron one on one. Kam Chancellor would get owned and he could not hurt LeBron before LeBron hurt him hitting. Cmon man. I have had relatives that made the leap to the NFL and I have stood next to NBA talent and I am telling you there is no match to the mass of man and talent in most cases. I grew up near Rashard Lewis shot some ball with and met a couple of his NBA buds and they far outclassed the NFL peeps related to me. They even said as much. Of course these guys are old and one is dead recently but my point is the same. NBA will cross over more likely than NFL but I am not going to berate anyone about their opinions.
How did a thread on Michael Crabtree's recovery turn into Dick Sherman vs LeBron???