LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well, with Boldin playing as he is, not to mention Vernon, he doesn't need to immediately hit 100%. Manningham should also be back which means there will be plenty of threats around. At last!

Crabtree can be eased back in gently. Just having him available is likely to create problems for the D. I have been waiting to see Boldin and Crabtree together since we signed him. It'll be great!

This is basically how I will feel when they are all lined up. Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Davis, Gore and Kap. Its going to be legendary
[ Edited by smithc28 on Nov 3, 2013 at 3:20 AM ]
Originally posted by smithc28:

This is basically how I will feel when they are all lined up. Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Davis, Gore and Kap. Its going to be legendary

I predict crabs and manningham will both be useless till next year
Originally posted by RonMexico:

I doubt that. Just their presence on the field will force teams to at least commit someone to them. That means less double teams for VD and Boldin. Remember when Rice came back from injury against Denver? They simply used him as a decoy out there in the redzone.

Crabs and Mario likely wont put up the numbers that the Zone wants, but just them being on the field will allow our current playmakers to make more plays. That takes pressure off Kaep, keeps guys out of the box for Gore, maybe more one on ones for VD down the seam.

Even if they arent a real threat, just the percieved threat of having these two back will dramaticly effect how defensives can play us.

Sure, this. I am not saying this is the case for the whole season.

But I wouldn't expect production for the first few weeks. The point is, will they be ready by late december? If so, then you have to activate now.

But of course it would be criminal to just bring these guys back if they could not contribute, to take the heat off the inconsistent effectiveness of the passing game. We'll see what happens.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Nov 3, 2013 at 4:59 AM ]

why? people come back from injuries and do well. kyle williams came back and is completely healthy.. he just sucks.

hunter came back and is more explosive than he was before the injury both haven't had any relapses with their acl injuries either.

so there's no reason to believe that manningham and crab can't come back and do it too... this team doesn't rush people back, in fact its the opposite they take extra time with the players to make sure they're really ready. and if they activate them then it means they're ready and ready to contribute too not just ceremoniously play.
Originally posted by frozen49er:

I doubt that. Just their presence on the field will force teams to at least commit someone to them. That means less double teams for VD and Boldin. Remember when Rice came back from injury against Denver? They simply used him as a decoy out there in the redzone.

Crabs and Mario likely wont put up the numbers that the Zone wants, but just them being on the field will allow our current playmakers to make more plays. That takes pressure off Kaep, keeps guys out of the box for Gore, maybe more one on ones for VD down the seam.

Even if they arent a real threat, just the percieved threat of having these two back will dramaticly effect how defensives can play us.

This
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
I have faith in Crabtree. I don't want to see him leave :(
I hope he resigns.

then why would you want him to formally and voluntarily quit?

lol my thoughts too
Originally posted by Disp:
I saw that on the home page. Read it and it left me with blue balls. Since when is late November/early December considered ahead of schedule for Crabtree? They gave us that timetable back in May.

Yep. In my haste to be the first to post the article, I just read the headline. Not sure what happened, but Maiocco went full Cohn on that one.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 37s The #49ers announce WR Michael Crabtree has been cleared to practice.

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows43s
#49ers announce that Michael Crabtree has been cleared to practice. This opens 21-day window for adding him to 53-man roster.

Originally posted by verb1der:
#49ers announce that Michael Crabtree has been cleared to practice. This opens 21-day window for adding him to 53-man roster.

Yessir!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 37s The #49ers announce WR Michael Crabtree has been cleared to practice.

Originally posted by verb1der:

11/26.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
YEEEEHHHHAAAAAA!

This won't have been rushed either, they wouldn't take that risk with Crabs. He'll start this wek on light practice and I think we'll see him in Washington as a warm up for the Seahawks.
Share 49ersWebzone