There are 155 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Disp:
I saw that on the home page. Read it and it left me with blue balls. Since when is late November/early December considered ahead of schedule for Crabtree? They gave us that timetable back in May.

They were saying mid Nov for awhile now. I was hoping the Saints game but guess not. If he's good to go by the Rams game Dec 1 maybe we should think about giving him an extra week and making it the Seattle game. Then again might want to get him out there and adjusted to the speed and shake off the rust before the Seahawks game. I don't know about the Saints game but we should be ok without him for the Panthers, Redskins and Rams game.

Not too worried about the Saints game because they don't run well and they sure as heck have trouble stopping the run. Bad recipe for playing us as we will grind their thin front into mincemeat and when they inevitably get one dimensional on offense we will feast on Brees and his deep ball (Eric Reid) as we drop 7 into coverage. I am hoping for Dec 1 at the Stick on our field in front of our fans even if he just plays sparingly
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Even so, eye-you-potty still pretty darn effective.

The eye is silent.

Tho the U is loud lol
We are hearing the Crabtree is ahead of schedule and the Niners are going to need Crabtree for a playoff run but he needs to get back to speed which will probably be month. I'm thinking he comes back a couple of weeks before the Seahawk game Dec 8th, so that would be the Washington game on Nov 25th. That would make it almost seven months.

Do you think he comes back before or after the Nov 25th?
I think he starts practicing very soon and ultimately comes back on the 25th.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I think he starts practicing very soon and ultimately comes back on the 25th.

he's done for the season. His career is over. Lock thread
It'd be awesome if there was a 100+ page thread talking about Crabtree and his recovery, it almost would be silly to create a whole new thread about it if there was, huh?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It'd be awesome if there was a 100+ page thread talking about Crabtree and his recovery, it almost would be silly to create a whole new thread about it if there was, huh?

Agreed, It would be even better if there was a search button to find such a thread. Then again, who am I fooling? Such a search would end up displaying "no results", because no one cares about Michael Crabtree.

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Agreed, It would be even better if there was a search button to find such a thread. Then again, who am I fooling? Such a search would end up displaying "no results", because no one cares about Michael Crabtree.

You guys are meanies. lol.

On topic, Crabs needs to practice then in 3 weeks he will be back. I imagine before the beginning of december he should be activated. We dont really need him right away, if MM comes in and does some damage, we can sit Crabs a few weeks, so he gets healed even more, than unleash him towards end of the season.

Playoffs, have Boldin, Crabs, and MM, with Vernon and hoping Vance comes on at TE, then dynamic tandem of Gore and Hunter, with Miller as a swiss army knife. We should be good to go. And with aldon back, our D rush will be 1000 times better.
He'll be back when he's ready and cleared by team doctors.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Nov 3, 2013 at 1:07 AM ]

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

When Hammer says so...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174359-michael-crabtree-on-the-mend/

/thread
My question is, what are we even expecting from him when he DOES come back? He is coming off a major injury, and not everyone should be expected to explode back on the scene like Adrian Peterson did. I know Crabtree is an awesome player, but I have a feeling that if he struggles at first, people on these boards are going to be sh*tting their pants.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
My question is, what are we even expecting from him when he DOES come back? He is coming off a major injury, and not everyone should be expected to explode back on the scene like Adrian Peterson did. I know Crabtree is an awesome player, but I have a feeling that if he struggles at first, people on these boards are going to be sh*tting their pants.

You are right. Because after putting up with Kyle Williams and the dear departed Marlon Moore, if he comes back and isn't an improvement people will be s**tting their pants
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
December 8th
Share 49ersWebzone