There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Crabtree is f**king good. I don't know how hard it is for people to understand that your qb will fit the ball into very tight coverage to force you to make a play... If he has the ability to be very accurate.
Crabtree is f**king good. I don't know how hard it is for people to understand that your qb will fit the ball into very tight coverage to force you to make a play... If he has the ability to be very accurate. Crabtree is f**king good. I don't know how hard it is for people to understand that your qb will fit the ball into very tight coverage to force you to make a play... If he has the ability to be very accurate.
Crabtree is f**king good. I don't know how hard it is for people to understand that your qb will fit the ball into very tight coverage to force you to make a play... If he has the ability to be very accurate.

Our qb doesn't have that ability to turn any receiver into a weapon, I don't care if you are Randy Moss

Could not read...too noisy...eyes seeing double...ah...triple...ah...help...I'm losing my vision! LOL!

Got your point I think...bad Alex, good Michael? So so Alex, good Michael? Somewhere in there I'm guessing.
Yeah, Its like all-world Calvin Johnson isnt exactly all-world when Stafford is sucking.

Same effffing thing.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Not sure if its Crabs or Smith, but dude disappears in big games.......suxors. Not sure how he wieghs on the cap space, but if its a lot I'd consider cutting him and starting Mannigham and A.J. Jenkins in his place.

I'd call it everyone's to blame. aside from KW who caught all 4 passes thrown his way. Everyone had bad throws(AS), didnt catch passes (Ham + Crab + VD all only caught 50% of their targets). Either AS threw high/low or they dropped the catch but anyway we only targeted Crabtree 6 times and he caught 3 of them. Hard to disappear when you were never given much of a chance to appear in the first place (which is me saying the coaching staff sucked at game planning).
Most of the guys on Offense sucked yesterday... There's was one play where no one was open and Alex scrambled around. Troy Aikman after the play said Crabtree was doing all he could to come back to Alex and give him a window to throw to. Alex didn't pull the trigger and just ran out of bounds. That crap irritates me! Another play was when we went for it on 4th and 15. Alex threw the underneath pass to VD for 7 yards. What's the point of going for it then. At least throw it the 15 yards. Throw it deep and hope for a flag! Even if it gets picked, it would serve as a good punt and at that point the game was out of reach unless you got points in a hurry. I hate that crap!

This. That is what makes me so mad about Smith is that sometimes you have to throw it past the first down marker and let your guy try and make a play. Now i'm not saying he should do it everytime, but gotta look down the field because defenses begin to crowd the line of scrimmage as the Giants did yesterday.
Originally posted by tohara3:
This. That is what makes me so mad about Smith is that sometimes you have to throw it past the first down marker and let your guy try and make a play. Now i'm not saying he should do it everytime, but gotta look down the field because defenses begin to crowd the line of scrimmage as the Giants did yesterday.

Yeah there really doesn't seem to be a threat that we could go deep at any moment. For the most part if you crowd the first 10 yards from scrimmage we are done.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Yeah there really doesn't seem to be a threat that we could go deep at any moment. For the most part if you crowd the first 10 yards from scrimmage we are done.

The deep ball requires time to set it up and when you don't use the run game this hinders the long game...though sometimes you see a guy like P Manning, behind by 24 points, able to find open receivers deep. I know that Rivers sort of imploded, did a Tony Romo and gave the game away, but why were there open receivers forty yards down the field for Manning to find? Also, why were the NYGs receivers able to get behind the SF DBs consistently? Why did I see only Moss behind the NYG DBs?

So looking forward to Thursdays game, which I think may be a disaster or a heroic redemption tale!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The deep ball requires time to set it up and when you don't use the run game this hinders the long game...though sometimes you see a guy like P Manning, behind by 24 points, able to find open receivers deep. I know that Rivers sort of imploded, did a Tony Romo and gave the game away, but why were there open receivers forty yards down the field for Manning to find? Also, why were the NYGs receivers able to get behind the SF DBs consistently? Why did I see only Moss behind the NYG DBs?

So looking forward to Thursdays game, which I think may be a disaster or a heroic redemption tale!

I'm very nervouse. I have know idea which team will show up for the Niners. Sunday was a real stinker.
wel in crabtree defense look at the passes they 10 to 12 yard routes how can you get separation when alex throws a 2yard pass to his check down receiver really lay off king crab like he said last year let your receivers make plays
I'm very nervouse. I have know idea which team will show up for the Niners. Sunday was a real stinker.

Holding my breath!
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Career year for him.

hopefully he has a good year that way we can trade him for a higher pick.

About the most intelligent thing I've read on this board...besides my own posts.
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Career year for him.

About the most intelligent thing I've read on this board...besides my own posts.

lol..wut?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Career year for him.

lol..wut?

dont worry he's a seahawk fan
crabs is not a happy camper.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--conservative-play-call-late-raises-question-whether-niners-have-complete-confidence-in-qb-alex-smith-.html

Wideout Michael Crabtree (four catches, 31 yards) shook his head when I asked the same question.

"I don't want to talk about it, bro," he said. "Cause I know if I say something. … We won – you know what I mean? I can't say anything, because we won."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--conservative-play-call-late-raises-question-whether-niners-have-complete-confidence-in-qb-alex-smith-.html

Wideout Michael Crabtree (four catches, 31 yards) shook his head when I asked the same question.

"I don't want to talk about it, bro," he said. "Cause I know if I say something. … We won – you know what I mean? I can't say anything, because we won."

I don't blame him. VD isn't very happy either.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

yah how you gonna go with your all world tight end with ZERO receptions.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

yah how you gonna go with your all world tight end with ZERO receptions.

We're elite
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home