LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Hopefully he's back for the Saints game

2.5 weeks .. you are on crack if you think that is even remotely possible. I say middle of December before he plays. Maybe active for the s**thawks and play a few snaps just to get his feet wet.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Hopefully he's back for the Saints game

2.5 weeks .. you are on crack if you think that is even remotely possible. I say middle of December before he plays. Maybe active for the s**thawks and play a few snaps just to get his feet wet.

he is going to begin practicing around the time some of the fans think he will be playing.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I like the ideas of starting him if hes ready against the rams, the superdomes turf and washingtons field might just be a little to risky.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I want him against Seattle

Yes, one real game before the CAWKS... a nice warm-up.
I don't think there's anyway that you can expect Crabtree to start practicing until mid or late November and he likely won't be game ready until a few weeks after that and I expect his contribution initially to be very minimal. Best case scenario is that he can perform at a decent level by the time the playoffs come around, I don't think there's any reason to expect him to be 100% at anytime this season, playoffs or otherwise but a Crabtree at 75% is still better than pretty much any other receiver on this roster. Hopefully he'll be game ready for the Arizona game so he can make Patrick Peterson his b***h yet once more.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM ]
back to the superbowl!
Originally posted by susweel:
I wouldn't, we still winning without him. Iupati would be a bigger loss in the run game.

Iupati has been getting blasted in the run game the last few weeks.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I want him against Seattle

This.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Roman on KNBR this morning said Crabs is ahead of schedule.

That boy hungry. He put in that work because he knows this is his contract year and we tend to extend dudes before free agency. He wants it and if he can make a comeback this year he looks good to not only us but a ton of other teams.

If he balls out I would give him the extension before iupati.

I wouldn't, we still winning without him. Iupati would be a bigger loss in the run game.

Iupati has not played very well this year, the worst pass blocker on the line and slow coming off the ball. Much easier to replace a guard than a wide receiver.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Iupati has not played very well this year, the worst pass blocker on the line and slow coming off the ball. Much easier to replace a guard than a wide receiver.

Especially on this team

That boy hungry. He put in that work because he knows this is his contract year and we tend to extend dudes before free agency. He wants it and if he can make a comeback this year he looks good to not only us but a ton of other teams.

True, but from what I've heard from Robinson, MM etc, Iupati has been dealing with an injury (shoulder I believe).

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

True, but from what I've heard from Robinson, MM etc, Iupati has been dealing with an injury (shoulder I believe).

Even so, eye-you-potty still pretty darn effective.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Even so, eye-you-potty still pretty darn effective.

The eye is silent.
I got more wood than a redwood tree right now!

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-activate-manningham-crabtree-ahead-schedule
  • Disp
  • Veteran
I saw that on the home page. Read it and it left me with blue balls. Since when is late November/early December considered ahead of schedule for Crabtree? They gave us that timetable back in May.
[ Edited by Disp on Nov 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Disp:
I saw that on the home page. Read it and it left me with blue balls. Since when is late November/early December considered ahead of schedule for Crabtree? They gave us that timetable back in May.

They were saying mid Nov for awhile now. I was hoping the Saints game but guess not. If he's good to go by the Rams game Dec 1 maybe we should think about giving him an extra week and making it the Seattle game. Then again might want to get him out there and adjusted to the speed and shake off the rust before the Seahawks game. I don't know about the Saints game but we should be ok without him for the Panthers, Redskins and Rams game.
Share 49ersWebzone