There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Originally posted by 49erWay:
Its very possible this receiving corp could suddenly become the talk of the town headed into the playoffs.

Was supposed to be that way to begin with.

I too am excited to welcome back Crabs and Manningham to the WR corps but does anyone think that they will really have that much to contribute being they are coming back from serious injuries and still have to get in game shape. I am excited but not overly excited.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I too am excited to welcome back Crabs and Manningham to the WR corps but does anyone think that they will really have that much to contribute being they are coming back from serious injuries and still have to get in game shape. I am excited but not overly excited.

Crabs already proved he can do that, Blackmon is acting a fool in Jax of all places, so yes I think they can step right in and contribute and at least add a spark for the first few games.
Originally posted by Stanley:

Crabs already proved he can do that, Blackmon is acting a fool in Jax of all places, so yes I think they can step right in and contribute and at least add a spark for the first few games.

I am optimistic but Crabs injury was pretty severe so I am just tempering my expectations a bit. I do like your thinking though. Go Niners!!
Yes. Guarded optimism is a good thing.

Fire them up doesn't hurt either though right?

We shall see.
I would like for Crabtree to come back to a well-oiled machine, that he becomes the NOS addition to. It can happen. I am talking Davs and Boldin both grabbing 7-8 balls a game, for 80-120 ypg each and a TD every game out of each of them while Gore is good for 25 carries per game. I can't wait to see Boldin after Crabs gets back as much as I can't wait to see Crabs.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
I would like for Crabtree to come back to a well-oiled machine, that he becomes the NOS addition to. It can happen. I am talking Davs and Boldin both grabbing 7-8 balls a game, for 80-120 ypg each and a TD every game out of each of them while Gore is good for 25 carries per game. I can't wait to see Boldin after Crabs gets back as much as I can't wait to see Crabs.

VD, Crabs, Boldin, MM and Gore.....SUPER BOWL!
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Its very possible this receiving corp could suddenly become the talk of the town headed into the playoffs.

Was supposed to be that way to begin with.

As we speak they are running? Cutting the works! Mario has what 2 more wks!? Crabs said to be mid november? Honestly im kinda surprised the good talks of how well they doing so far. But from what we are hearing, sounds like they will be more then ready. Just getting that first play off on the field will be exciting to see!!! They worked their asses off to get back. 85% crabs prob like an 800 yard yr from him before his break out wit foot injs. Yes i know this was different n worse then foot inj. But a 85+ crabs with healthy boldin n davis, we stay moving the chains! Gores optimism is great to hear also
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Is there any update? I think he might be indispensable for the Saints and Seahawks matches
We will probably hear something in the next couple of weeks
okay, as long as they both get 4-5 games to get ready for the playoffs, we will be solid.
Roman on KNBR this morning said Crabs is ahead of schedule.
Originally posted by susweel:

That boy hungry. He put in that work because he knows this is his contract year and we tend to extend dudes before free agency. He wants it and if he can make a comeback this year he looks good to not only us but a ton of other teams.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

That boy hungry. He put in that work because he knows this is his contract year and we tend to extend dudes before free agency. He wants it and if he can make a comeback this year he looks good to not only us but a ton of other teams.

If he balls out I would give him the extension before iupati.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I wouldn't, we still winning without him. Iupati would be a bigger loss in the run game.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

They are going to extend Iupati but Crabtree is trying to make himself a priority and he should be. What we have learned thus far is that Crabtree fits here and we need his clutch physical sure handed play. We are getting it done with just Boldin and if Crabtree can cone back 80% with Mario at 90 we should steamroll fools so long as Gore stays healthy