There are 212 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

SOON...

This is what we are missing! Get well soon Crabs.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Crabtree may be coming back this year, but don't expect him to be near the player he was before he went down. It'll be a freakin' miracle if he is. He probably won't be 100% until next season. Not everyone is Adrian Petersen. Same goes for Manningham. All these guys proclaiming the second coming when they both return are deluded. I hope they prove me wrong, but to expect the same players they were pre-injury, is stretching it a bit.

this

You guys dont get it. It doesnt matter if crabs and rio arent 100% healthy. Just their presence alone on the field will open up the field for boldin, davis, and less men in the box against gore.

maybe for like one quarter of one game but when coaches see they can be single covered it wont matter much.

Then they wouldnt be activated lol

sure they would because we dont have anyone else. KW, Baldwin, Moore cant beat man press coverage and they are active.

If crabs and rio cant beat man coverage then they wouldnt be out there, plus further risk of injury
Baldwin can and has beaten the coverage many times he just needs the QB to throw his way. He is option 3 or four and Kaep is only looking 1 or 2 .
Agreed. Baldwin hasn't even really been looked at. I've seen him get separation.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

SOON...

Wooo Crabs just owned the f**k out of Sherman and Earl Thomas. Miss seeing Crabs on the field.
can't wait until crabs comes back, I just hope he stays healthy
<div_prefs id="div_prefs">
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Agreed. Baldwin hasn't even really been looked at. I've seen him get separation.

Agreed. This is what I saw the last couple of weeks. Kap needs to use Baldwin too, he is getting open and creating separation.
Incarcerated Bob says we made a legit offer for Gordon.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

I don't think it takes a genius to figure that its very possible that a WR needy team such as the 49ers made an offer on the best WR available on the market, whether or not its enough for Cleveland is another matter entirely.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 22, 2013 at 7:31 PM ]
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Crabtree may be coming back this year, but don't expect him to be near the player he was before he went down. It'll be a freakin' miracle if he is. He probably won't be 100% until next season. Not everyone is Adrian Petersen. Same goes for Manningham. All these guys proclaiming the second coming when they both return are deluded. I hope they prove me wrong, but to expect the same players they were pre-injury, is stretching it a bit.

this

You guys dont get it. It doesnt matter if crabs and rio arent 100% healthy. Just their presence alone on the field will open up the field for boldin, davis, and less men in the box against gore.

maybe for like one quarter of one game but when coaches see they can be single covered it wont matter much.

Then they wouldnt be activated lol

sure they would because we dont have anyone else. KW, Baldwin, Moore cant beat man press coverage and they are active.

If crabs and rio cant beat man coverage then they wouldnt be out there, plus further risk of injury
Baldwin can and has beaten the coverage many times he just needs the QB to throw his way. He is option 3 or four and Kaep is only looking 1 or 2 .

good for baldwin
Originally posted by ace52:
If we get all our offensive weapons (Crabs, MM, Patton) back at close to 100%, will our coaches use 4-WR sets more?
It would be great to see Crabs, MM, Boldin, and Patton out there at the same time. Who can the opposing D focus on?

Would that mean that Davis stays into block? So how, some way, I want to see Davis on a route almost every pass play. Crabs, Boldin, Davis is pretty formidable, sub the rest (McDonald, MM, Patton) in my opinion.

• ace52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IMnotsoHO:
Would that mean that Davis stays into block? So how, some way, I want to see Davis on a route almost every pass play. Crabs, Boldin, Davis is pretty formidable, sub the rest (McDonald, MM, Patton) in my opinion.

Good point about Davis, since he is like a big WR any way. How about going on pass plays with Crabs, Boldin, Davis, MM (I don't want to leave our #2 receiver from last year off the field), while Gore stays in to block, which he is very good at.
Originally posted by ace52:
Originally posted by IMnotsoHO:

Good point about Davis, since he is like a big WR any way. How about going on pass plays with Crabs, Boldin, Davis, MM (I don't want to leave our #2 receiver from last year off the field), while Gore stays in to block, which he is very good at.
I can dig it.
Its very possible this receiving corp could suddenly become the talk of the town headed into the playoffs.

Was supposed to be that way to begin with.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Its very possible this receiving corp could suddenly become the talk of the town headed into the playoffs.

Was supposed to be that way to begin with.

I too am excited to welcome back Crabs and Manningham to the WR corps but does anyone think that they will really have that much to contribute being they are coming back from serious injuries and still have to get in game shape. I am excited but not overly excited.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I too am excited to welcome back Crabs and Manningham to the WR corps but does anyone think that they will really have that much to contribute being they are coming back from serious injuries and still have to get in game shape. I am excited but not overly excited.

Crabs already proved he can do that, Blackmon is acting a fool in Jax of all places, so yes I think they can step right in and contribute and at least add a spark for the first few games.
Share 49ersWebzone