LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hps49:
We need to make a trade happen in the next few days for Britt, Hicks, or Gordon.

f**k britt
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Crabtree may be coming back this year, but don't expect him to be near the player he was before he went down. It'll be a freakin' miracle if he is. He probably won't be 100% until next season. Not everyone is Adrian Petersen. Same goes for Manningham. All these guys proclaiming the second coming when they both return are deluded. I hope they prove me wrong, but to expect the same players they were pre-injury, is stretching it a bit.

this

You guys dont get it. It doesnt matter if crabs and rio arent 100% healthy. Just their presence alone on the field will open up the field for boldin, davis, and less men in the box against gore.

maybe for like one quarter of one game but when coaches see they can be single covered it wont matter much.

Then they wouldnt be activated lol

sure they would because we dont have anyone else. KW, Baldwin, Moore cant beat man press coverage and they are active.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Sky is falling. 49ers are totally mis-managed.

Crabtree can't play worth a hill of beans.

Gore is past his prime.

Did I leave anything out?

Why do you do this same crap in every thread you post in? The only thing you missed was calling everyone a Madden kid like you do in every other post you make. I'm completely convinced you're a Seahawks troll at this point.
[ Edited by Disp on Oct 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM ]
Crabtree may be coming back this year, but don't expect him to be near the player he was before he went down. It'll be a freakin' miracle if he is. He probably won't be 100% until next season. Not everyone is Adrian Petersen. Same goes for Manningham. All these guys proclaiming the second coming when they both return are deluded. I hope they prove me wrong, but to expect the same players they were pre-injury, is stretching it a bit.

this

You guys dont get it. It doesnt matter if crabs and rio arent 100% healthy. Just their presence alone on the field will open up the field for boldin, davis, and less men in the box against gore.

maybe for like one quarter of one game but when coaches see they can be single covered it wont matter much.

sure they would because we dont have anyone else. KW, Baldwin, Moore cant beat man press coverage and they are active.

If crabs and rio cant beat man coverage then they wouldnt be out there, plus further risk of injury
Originally posted by hps49:
We need to make a trade happen in the next few days for Britt, Hicks, or Gordon.

not brit

We don't need to do anything. With Ham and Crab coming back, if anything, I'd say we should add interior D. But Dial looks the part. Our best course of action is to stay put.
Seriously. Our receiver corp is going to be fine. If Crabtree and Mannigham pick up steam in just two games don't be shocked.

This team can win the Superbowl.
I think Crabtree will definitely have an impact. The man will not have forgotten how to run routes or how to catch the ball. Sure, there may be some rust there, but I still think he's a beast and will be a major boost for the offense.
If Crab can come back at 75% of his 2012 form it will be a huge shot in the arm for our offense. I am curious to see how he will hold up in the run game since he was our best blocking wr last year.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
If Crab can come back at 75% of his 2012 form it will be a huge shot in the arm for our offense. I am curious to see how he will hold up in the run game since he was our best blocking wr last year.

Crabs had two weeks of NFL practice, stepped on the field, and instantly became our best WR. If anyone can come into a season cold, Crabtree has proven that he can.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Sky is falling. 49ers are totally mis-managed.

Crabtree can't play worth a hill of beans.

Gore is past his prime.

Did I leave anything out?

Kap sucks too

this

If crabs and rio cant beat man coverage then they wouldnt be out there, plus further risk of injury

It's highly unlikely they'll be at 100% and as another poster said, even at 75% they're better than the alternatives. I suspect alot will have to do with where we're at re the playoffs and if the coaches feel it's safe to play them. Just because they're not at 100% doesn't mean you're risking further injury. Fact is, there's a;ways risk of injury and most players are playing dinged or hampered in some way. As for being decoys or fooling opposing players/coaches.........that will only work until they're exposed as being less than prime; maybe a game or two, or less. Bottom line, consider ourselves blessed if they're even close to being fully back, and that's both physically and mentally.

this

Baldwin can and has beaten the coverage many times he just needs the QB to throw his way. He is option 3 or four and Kaep is only looking 1 or 2 .

SOON...
  • ace52
  • Veteran
If we get all our offensive weapons (Crabs, MM, Patton) back at close to 100%, will our coaches use 4-WR sets more?
It would be great to see Crabs, MM, Boldin, and Patton out there at the same time. Who can the opposing D focus on?
It's highly unlikely they'll be at 100% and as another poster said, even at 75% they're better than the alternatives. I suspect alot will have to do with where we're at re the playoffs and if the coaches feel it's safe to play them. Just because they're not at 100% doesn't mean you're risking further injury. Fact is, there's a;ways risk of injury and most players are playing dinged or hampered in some way. As for being decoys or fooling opposing players/coaches.........that will only work until they're exposed as being less than prime; maybe a game or two, or less. Bottom line, consider ourselves blessed if they're even close to being fully back, and that's both physically and mentally.

I don't know, it seems to me that Crabs has recovered at nice pace. Manningham however seems like he's questioning his ability right now when he's supposed to be getting ready to start after the bye. I would prefer he comes in a play or two before the bye just to kind of get his feet wet. I know Adrian Peterson's recovery was very rare but, with today's advancements maybe it isn't as rare as we think. I know Kobe Bryant is going to come back strong as ever, so why can't Crabtree be one of these guys. I believe he does have an ego but, it's something that drives him to bust his ass so that he can back up all his bravado. Crabtree is going to change this offense the moment he steps on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone