The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jreff22:
who the f**k cares about baseball and basketball

what did all those posts have to do with crabtree? back to topic,, I know i am in the minority and that is fine as I am used to that. However i would not do a julie london cry me a river, if he did not come back to us next year. i am hoping baldwin, moore and some of the kids step up and make crabs replaceable. i think he is going to ask for the sun and the moon and I would rather give those dollars to the cornerstones with ck and aldon.
I love Crabtree the player but his agent is another thing. I'm with you somewhat

maybe there is a way but I just can not see us paying all three big bucks. i just think crabs is least important of those three if I had to choose
what did all those posts have to do with crabtree? back to topic,, I know i am in the minority and that is fine as I am used to that. However i would not do a julie london cry me a river, if he did not come back to us next year. i am hoping baldwin, moore and some of the kids step up and make crabs replaceable. i think he is going to ask for the sun and the moon and I would rather give those dollars to the cornerstones with ck and aldon.

Honestly this is the most interesting story to the Crabtree injury IMO. His injury has to devalue him to some extent not to mention his lack of production this year will make it hard for him to maintain leverage in negotiations. I think it's all going to come down to how much of his salary he want's guaranteed. I hope we find away to get him signed. Him and Kaep are a tandem that should remain intact.
Originally posted by eonblue:

Honestly this is the most interesting story to the Crabtree injury IMO. His injury has to devalue him to some extent not to mention his lack of production this year will make it hard for him to maintain leverage in negotiations. I think it's all going to come down to how much of his salary he want's guaranteed. I hope we find away to get him signed. Him and Kaep are a tandem that should remain intact.

Agree is would also like Crabtree to be resigned.
i am not counting on him to come back until the playoffs,, who knows maybe some guys will fill that hole very nicely making that as well as his return next year a moot point

I don't think we have a receiver the caliber of Crabtree on the roster CC. He is an elite level talent, just wait and see.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Memphis9er: "As far as I am concerned Hank Aaron is still the home run king."

Great, great player. One of my favorites of all time. But, let's get real. Aaron, along with many of his contemporaries, was taking dexadrine tablets or "greenies" as they called them. This was a pharmaceutical form of methamphetamine. So, you've got a massive hard spot for a guy like Bonds, who hit 49 in a season before he ever started watching those big steriodal bruisers across the bay slamming the ball around and decided to give their drug of choice a try, but you're giving Aaron a complete pass. This is the kind of thing that bothers me about Barry Bonds hate.

What bugs me about him and McGuire is how when they had the chance to be men and use the opportunity to man up and admit they f**ked up and maybe use the platform to speak out against cheating and doing illicit drugs, they shriveled like cowards and lied in a lame attempt to salvage their ego and image. I might still respect them if they weren't so weak. Don't even get me started on Palmero...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
i am not counting on him to come back until the playoffs,, who knows maybe some guys will fill that hole very nicely making that as well as his return next year a moot point

I don't think we have a receiver the caliber of Crabtree on the roster CC. He is an elite level talent, just wait and see.

Wait and see what? He's hurt, we run a good chance of not seeing anything this year.
Originally posted by susweel:
Kobe will come back faster his work ethic is superior.

As much as I don't like him....

I have much greater faith in Kobe...

Even at his advanced age...
a hot start by the Niners without Crabtree will devalue Crabtree.

Anyone remember what happened to TE Jeremy Shockey when the Giants won the SB when he was hurt?
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
I have faith in Crabtree. I don't want to see him leave :(
I hope he resigns.

He's going to be like Goldson and shop for top money... The only way I see Crabtree resigned is if he doesn't get what he wants from other teams so he signs a one year deal with the 49ers only to leave the next year. We should all know by now that the 49ers organization puts a certain value on each of its free agents and won't pay above that value. Crabtree's going to want to be the highest paid receiver in the league and there's no way the 49ers rate him that high. I see him in a Cowboys uniform two years from now if not sooner. Having him out for most of this season is really a blessing in disguise, as it gives our coaches time to find his replacement.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
a hot start by the Niners without Crabtree will devalue Crabtree.

Anyone remember what happened to TE Jeremy Shockey when the Giants won the SB when he was hurt?

I believe he went to New Orleans and was part of their Superbowl run, but only had three passes for 13 yards and a touchdown in that game. The guy was a great player but never grew-up, constantly throwing his teammates and coaches under the bus. Sad really.
[ Edited by vermonator on Aug 29, 2013 at 6:50 AM ]
Man some of you guys are insane. There is not one guy on the roster than can replace Crabtree. I want to know how any of you know he is going to be a cowboy, they have so much money tied up they won't be able to make him some crazy offer. I think he likes being a Niner and that he wants to win more than he wants to be a cowgirl. By your guys reasoning Montana would've bolted for Pittsburgh at the first opportunity he had. Also ask yourselves this question, would you rather catch passes from Colin Kaepernick or Phony Homo?

Man some of you guys are insane. There is not one guy on the roster than can replace Crabtree. I want to know how any of you know he is going to be a cowboy, they have so much money tied up they won't be able to make him some crazy offer. I think he likes being a Niner and that he wants to win more than he wants to be a cowgirl. By your guys reasoning Montana would've bolted for Pittsburgh at the first opportunity he had. Also ask yourselves this question, would you rather catch passes from Colin Kaepernick or Phony Homo?

Nobody can say for sure, obviously, but he's from Dallas and has always been a Cowboys fan. If anybody is going to over pay him, it's Jerry Jones. Sure, it's just a guess, but an educated guess. If you don't mind me asking, what makes you think he wants to stay here? You do recall that he over valued himself and held out for six games his rookie season, and that's after accomplishing nothing in the pros. What make's you think he's changed?
Originally posted by vermonator:

Nobody can say for sure, obviously, but he's from Dallas and has always been a Cowboys fan. If anybody is going to over pay him, it's Jerry Jones. Sure, it's just a guess, but an educated guess. If you don't mind me asking, what makes you think he wants to stay here? You do recall that he over valued himself and held out for six games his rookie season, and that's after accomplishing nothing in the pros. What make's you think he's changed?

A qb that he has undeniable chemistry with and a team that isn't owned by a micromanaging megalomaniac stuck with one of the biggest choke artist qbs in the history of the NFL. Who knows though brother? He might choose all that over what the niners have to offer, some people are that stupid.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Aug 29, 2013 at 7:07 AM ]

Meh. Your entire "educated" guess / narrative is based on the Diva label and holdout from his rookie year. I haven't seen any real evidence to support this.

A qb that he has undeniable chemistry with and a team that isn't owned by a micromanaging megalomaniac stuck with one of the biggest choke artist qbs in the history of the NFL. Who knows though brother? He might choose all that over what the niners have to offer, some people are that stupid.

Just because he has chemistry with Kaep doesn't mean the 49ers are going to give him what he wants, or that he is going to lesson his asking price... Money changes everything. Lets have this conversation two years from now and see how insane I am. But for now, lets just agree to disagree. Best regards Bro....

Go Niners!
[ Edited by vermonator on Aug 29, 2013 at 7:21 AM ]
Originally posted by natrone06:

Meh. Your entire "educated" guess / narrative is based on the Diva label and holdout from his rookie year. I haven't seen any real evidence to support this.

Uneducated guess. Very unlikely Jerry Jones is going to pay Dez Bryant and Crabtree $10+ M per year. Salary cap will make that very difficult.
Share 49ersWebzone