There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Originally posted by Psinex:
Adderall is the modern day version of Greenies.

Most people don't seem to get how close it is to pharmaceutical methamphetamine. It's basically equivalent.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Most people don't seem to get how close it is to pharmaceutical methamphetamine. It's basically equivalent.

Yeah man, it is what the meth heads do when they "quit" meth.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am not counting on him to come back until the playoffs,, who knows maybe some guys will fill that hole very nicely making that as well as his return next year a moot point

I don't think we have a receiver the caliber of Crabtree on the roster CC. He is an elite level talent, just wait and see.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

But you're okay with Hank Aaron taking that while playing?
Barry Bonds. The greatest player everyone loves to hate on in the history of the league. Let's see. The Babe got falling-down drunk hit on underage girls. Ty Cobb probably beat a guy to death, ended some players' careers with flying spikes and was the equivalent of a KKK member. Mickey Mantel was an alcoholic for most of his career. At least a dozen old-timers in the Hall of Fame took amphetamines on a regular basis. Lots of great players in the '80s were snorting lines of coke before games. The "bruise brothers" across the bay were juicing to the max. The great Roger Clemens was having somebody shoot him in the ass before going out there and throwing heat. Fan favorites like Mike Piazza, Wally Joyner, Lenny Dykstra, Sammy Sosa, Andy Pettit, Jason Giambi and, of course Alex Rodriquez are and were known steroid users.

But Barry Bonds, much like his Father, Bobby, refused to smile and tap-dance for the media and they never liked him. I find it sad, because he really was probably one of the greatest hitters, if not THE greatest hitter to ever play the game. He hit against juiced pitchers. He competed with juiced hitters. He played in the juice era. But he's the guy everybody loves to hate.

Yeah he got a bad rap. One of the greatest, if not the greatest players of all time. He still hit 49 homers in a season before he even took steroids. He may have been a little bit of a dick, but he wasn't nearly as bad as the media portrays him.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Man we have straight hijacked this thread. I apologize for getting into this but I saw some comments and had to respond because I know from cousins of mine that went to the NFL and coaches of both sports that NFL clubs mine the basketball leagues for players at certain positions but the NBA won't look for talent in the NFL. This is because the NFL game doesn't translate to basketball but the NBA can translate to the NFL. One of my cousins was an NFL player and he admitted that many NBA players could play in the NFL and do very well if they chose the sport and committed themselves to it but he said an NFL player can't just pick up a basketball and harvest that type of skill set. Crabtree please but yet I keep responding. Lebron at a 4.6 and 6'8" 260 with a 43" vertical huge hands and wingspan and not to mention his footwork and agility. That's easy offense and he hasn't properly trained for a 40 yd dash. Limitless stamina as well to play through 3 NBA finals while playing all summer to carry the US to a gold medal. There isn't an NFL player alive that can touch him!! Now Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt but NFL player? They wish they were LeBron and this is why he wins every award from his peers in all of sports

You sure do have a ton of family that played/coached professional ball of some kind or another. I call b******t.

Lol many NBA players could play in the NFL my ass. A couple might be able to with much training, but that's it. The NFL has the most elite athletes in the world. Were talking about guys who run 4.3s and jump 40 inches, with great agility and strength. NBA players are much less athletic. I was looking at the NBA combine a few months ago and the average vertical for all the players was something around 27 inches. Offensive linemen in the NFL are jumping that high at a much greater weight! Of course there are some great athletes in the NBA capable of jumping very high, but overall the athleticism of NBA players compared to athleticism of NFL players as a whole isn't even close. NFL players are far superior athletes. Hey but at least NBA players are taller.

Oh and by the way, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Vernon Davis, Julio Jones, etc dwarf Lebron James in terms of athleticism and explosiveness. Calvin Johnson runs a heck of a lot faster, is more agile, jumps as high or higher, and can take the physicality of the NFL.

And also you have guys like Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson and others who went from the NFL and were respectable or even dominated in other sports. The greatest basektball player of all time, Michael Jordan was a terrible baseball player and couldn't even make it in the minor leagues.
pwillis52beasty ^^^^^

Exactly! Thank you. I don't know where these guys get the impression that your average NBA player could even get through an NFL game without being sent to the hospital. NFL players, on average, have greater speed, strength and vertical leaping ability. And there is nothing in sports that even comes close to the physical abuse an NFL player must endure to play the game. NBA players are taller - period!
Never been a giants fan, buy Mays has always been one of my favorites. Bonds was too, pre steroids Bonds in Pittsburgh. The whole steroids era kinda ruined baseball for me. My team even has the best record right now and never had anyone implicated in the PEDS scandal, but the way MLB handled the whole thing has left me just a little bitter, oh and just for the record McGuire is every bit as much of a cheating p***y. As far as I am concerned Hank Aaron is still the home run king.

On the subject at hand though, this new achilles treatment is very intriguing, if we get Crabtree back at 100% in time for the playoffs, watch out! I have always thought he had special skills he is better than most think. We will re sign him I bet and he will want to play here, with Kaepernick.
I'm not sure why your that upset about Bonds? That was the era in baseball. Baseball turned a blind eye, but open hand as they cashed-in on the home run craze. I'm less angry at the players than I am a system that subtly promoted the PED use. BTW, the Giants won their last 2 World Series without PED use.

As far as Crabs, I agree 100 percent. He's way underrated by this board. Just because he doesn't have the obvious measurable (height/speed), doesn't mean he's not a beast. He attacks the ball like know other, has other strong hands and is king of RAC. He was unstoppable on 3rd down with Kap. How many times did Kap hit Crabs well behind the 1st down marker only to watch Crabs juke 2 or more defenders for a first down? I really wish someone with the skill took the time to make a2012/13 highlight of his incredible play. It blows my mind that people don't value the first 1000 yard receiver we've had since TO.
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Aug 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM ]
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Yeah he got a bad rap. One of the greatest, if not the greatest players of all time. He still hit 49 homers in a season before he even took steroids. He may have been a little bit of a dick, but he wasn't nearly as bad as the media portrays him.

Yes, just like his Father, Bobby - not prone to laugh it up and dance for the media clowns; not at all patient with inane repeated questions. A little prickly; a little angry; a little full of himself; a little bit of a dick. Whatever. That's no capital crime. Great player. Easily in the top five all time baseball players.
pwillis52beasty ^^^^^

Exactly! Thank you. I don't know where these guys get the impression that your average NBA player could even get through an NFL game without being sent to the hospital. NFL players, on average, have greater speed, strength and vertical leaping ability. And there is nothing in sports that even comes close to the physical abuse an NFL player must endure to play the game. NBA players are taller - period!

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Yes, just like his Father, Bobby - not prone to laugh it up and dance for the media clowns; not at all patient with inane repeated questions. A little prickly; a little angry; a little full of himself; a little bit of a dick. Whatever. That's no capital crime. Great player. Easily in the top five all time baseball players.

True that to both of those posts.
Memphis9er: "As far as I am concerned Hank Aaron is still the home run king."

Great, great player. One of my favorites of all time. But, let's get real. Aaron, along with many of his contemporaries, was taking dexadrine tablets or "greenies" as they called them. This was a pharmaceutical form of methamphetamine. So, you've got a massive hard spot for a guy like Bonds, who hit 49 in a season before he ever started watching those big steriodal bruisers across the bay slamming the ball around and decided to give their drug of choice a try, but you're giving Aaron a complete pass. This is the kind of thing that bothers me about Barry Bonds hate.

Its also what people who have problems concentrating use to perform. You would be suprised how easily.it is.to get prescribed Adderal. Btw Adderal doesnt really increase strength it just enhances your mental faculties. Coordination, concentration, reaction.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM ]
Memphis9er: "As far as I am concerned Hank Aaron is still the home run king."

Great, great player. One of my favorites of all time. But, let's get real. Aaron, along with many of his contemporaries, was taking dexadrine tablets or "greenies" as they called them. This was a pharmaceutical form of methamphetamine. So, you've got a massive hard spot for a guy like Bonds, who hit 49 in a season before he ever started watching those big steriodal bruisers across the bay slamming the ball around and decided to give their drug of choice a try, but you're giving Aaron a complete pass. This is the kind of thing that bothers me about Barry Bonds hate.

and hank smashed all his homers in the smallest park in baseball for YEARS. atlanta had a little league park when hank was hittin homers
who the f**k cares about baseball and basketball
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
who the f**k cares about baseball and basketball

what did all those posts have to do with crabtree? back to topic,, I know i am in the minority and that is fine as I am used to that. However i would not do a julie london cry me a river, if he did not come back to us next year. i am hoping baldwin, moore and some of the kids step up and make crabs replaceable. i think he is going to ask for the sun and the moon and I would rather give those dollars to the cornerstones with ck and aldon.