There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

I hope he doesn't come back too fast just so he can get in the game. He needs to heal and rehab properly (i'm sure he is) and not rush the rehab.
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
agree to disagree

Yeah Jordan didn't have shaq he had someone that catered to him pippen(lebron jr.), Kobe lost out on a lot of stats because both him and shaq fought tooth and nail to establish dominance(alpha male) within the team. Jordan never had to do that, pippen automatically assumed the role of second fiddle. Pippen new Jordan had to eat first then the rest of the team. Jordan and Pippen pretty much came into the league together and hit their peaks together a decade of chemistry was built. Can you imagine what shaq and kobe would do if they got along and never broke apart? Shaq and kobe have said before they left titles on the table due to their egos. Shaq and Kobe could've easily won 2-3 more titles.

Babe Ruth was the Michael Jordan of baseball?!?! bwahahahahahah try Willie Mays or Barry Bonds
Pele was the Michael Jordan of Soccer? not a bad choice but I would go with Maradona or Messi

Barry Bonds is a cheating ass punk b***h ass lying p***y who woulda made the hall of fame except he had to cheat then be a little birch punk and try to deny what every person in the f**king world except for a few homer giant fans know...that he took PEDS. f**k that no integrity having clownshoe. To even mention his name in the same breath as the Say Hey kid is an insult to everything baseball.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Barry Bonds is a cheating ass punk b***h ass lying p***y who woulda made the hall of fame except he had to cheat then be a little birch punk and try to deny what every person in the f**king world except for a few homer giant fans know...that he took PEDS. f**k that no integrity having clownshoe. To even mention his name in the same breath as the Say Hey kid is an insult to everything baseball.

Tell us how you really feel. lol
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Originally posted by thl408:
LeBron would be the ultimate red zone target. Big hands, jumping ability, and height. It would be too easy.

Yeah Lebron would play like jimmy graham but do 10x the damage in the redzone.

Sure, sure. That blazing 4.6 speed would get him wide open. And the first time he stretched out for that jump ball, some stud linebacker or safety would bend him in half like a pretzel. He's a basketball player. By his second or third game he'd be hoping for a trip to IR. Basketball players are just not tough enough to survive in the NFL. I know many of you have major man-crushes on these tall guys who jump up, drop a ball through the hoop and then pound their chest like they just accomplished something extraordinary, but that running up and down the court and dunking got boring for me a long time ago. Just my opinion.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Never been a giants fan, buy Mays has always been one of my favorites. Bonds was too, pre steroids Bonds in Pittsburgh. The whole steroids era kinda ruined baseball for me. My team even has the best record right now and never had anyone implicated in the PEDS scandal, but the way MLB handled the whole thing has left me just a little bitter, oh and just for the record McGuire is every bit as much of a cheating p***y. As far as I am concerned Hank Aaron is still the home run king.

On the subject at hand though, this new achilles treatment is very intriguing, if we get Crabtree back at 100% in time for the playoffs, watch out! I have always thought he had special skills he is better than most think. We will re sign him I bet and he will want to play here, with Kaepernick.

Never been a giants fan, buy Mays has always been one of my favorites. Bonds was too, pre steroids Bonds in Pittsburgh. The whole steroids era kinda ruined baseball for me. My team even has the best record right now and never had anyone implicated in the PEDS scandal, but the way MLB handled the whole thing has left me just a little bitter, oh and just for the record McGuire is every bit as much of a cheating p***y. As far as I am concerned Hank Aaron is still the home run king.

On the subject at hand though, this new achilles treatment is very intriguing, if we get Crabtree back at 100% in time for the playoffs, watch out! I have always thought he had special skills he is better than most think. We will re sign him I bet and he will want to play here, with Kaepernick.

Bonds was in SF pre steriods, too. And FYI, somebody on the braves is on PED's, right now. Every single team in the league has players on PEDs. lol
Bonds was in SF pre steriods, too. And FYI, somebody on the braves is on PED's, right now. Every single team in the league has players on PEDs. lol

Wouldn't know cause I quit watching baseball, Bonds got on steroids soon after joining the giants. I think there should be a permanent ban on guys using PEDS. But no one seems to care.

Wouldn't know cause I quit watching baseball, Bonds got on steroids soon after joining the giants. I think there should be a permanent ban on guys using PEDS. But no one seems to care.

A lot of those pitchers that Bonds hit homeruns off were juicing too. There's also evidence to show that Hank Aaron was on PED's.

Baseball is a level playing field for the most part.
watch what you say about Barry breh... i think even Willie would say barry was better. people said hank was the home run king when he played in a little league park in atlanta for most of those runs. steroids dont make you hit any better and bonds allegedly got into that game a lot later than the sosas, maguires, consecos, giambis and all those other guys. f**kin ricky leday, laday, whatever was caught roiding, how come he doesnt have a billion home runs? bonds had it all, defense, offense, more mvp honors than anyone by far and that is on top of the fact that he was walked more times in a month than others are walked their entire careers. bonds could of hit over 1000 homers if he wasnt walked so much. i even remember teams intentionally walking in runs so bonds couldnt smash a grandslam on them. home run hitters usually strike out a lot also, bonds batting average was always over 300 for most of his career and even when he got old he hit around .280. Bonds=GOAT
Originally posted by btthepunk:

A lot of those pitchers that Bonds hit homeruns off were juicing too. There's also evidence to show that Hank Aaron was on PED's.

They were all on Greenies in that era. In fact, they were all on Greenies up until they recently started drug testing. And for those that don't know, Greenies = amphetamines.

They were all on Greenies in that era. In fact, they were all on Greenies up until they recently started drug testing. And for those that don't know, Greenies = amphetamines.

Greenies, that's right, couldn't think of the word but I knew it was basically speed. There was also a quote I think by one of his trainers saying that they were all taking things that they couldn't even give to horses.

Yeah, I also stopped watching or caring about baseball once the Giants won the Series and the whole steroids debacle.
Honestly, I don't care if they win another Series, just wanted one in my lifetime. If I have kids, I hope they get to witness
the Giants win another Series. I used to be a huge obsessive baseball/Giants fan. Now I don't watch sports once the
football season ends.

Greenies, that's right, couldn't think of the word but I knew it was basically speed. There was also a quote I think by one of his trainers saying that they were all taking things that they couldn't even give to horses.

Adderall is the modern day version of Greenies.
Barry Bonds. The greatest player everyone loves to hate on in the history of the league. Let's see. The Babe got falling-down drunk hit on underage girls. Ty Cobb probably beat a guy to death, ended some players' careers with flying spikes and was the equivalent of a KKK member. Mickey Mantel was an alcoholic for most of his career. At least a dozen old-timers in the Hall of Fame took amphetamines on a regular basis. Lots of great players in the '80s were snorting lines of coke before games. The "bruise brothers" across the bay were juicing to the max. The great Roger Clemens was having somebody shoot him in the ass before going out there and throwing heat. Fan favorites like Mike Piazza, Wally Joyner, Lenny Dykstra, Sammy Sosa, Andy Pettit, Jason Giambi and, of course Alex Rodriquez are and were known steroid users.

But Barry Bonds, much like his Father, Bobby, refused to smile and tap-dance for the media and they never liked him. I find it sad, because he really was probably one of the greatest hitters, if not THE greatest hitter to ever play the game. He hit against juiced pitchers. He competed with juiced hitters. He played in the juice era. But he's the guy everybody loves to hate.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am not counting on him to come back until the playoffs,, who knows maybe some guys will fill that hole very nicely making that as well as his return next year a moot point