There are 122 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
LeBron would be the ultimate red zone target. Big hands, jumping ability, and height. It would be too easy.

Yeah Lebron would play like jimmy graham but do 10x the damage in the redzone.
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Originally posted by thl408:
LeBron would be the ultimate red zone target. Big hands, jumping ability, and height. It would be too easy.

Yeah Lebron would play like jimmy graham but do 10x the damage in the redzone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCAkVvNFk-0

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/22143549/greatest-ever-lebron-could-have-been-that-as-an-nfl-tight-end

Some dudes just don't know so they try to minimize others that do have an inkling (and I admit in my case I mean just a small inkling) of what they are talking about. There are many stories of pros that chose basketball over football because to a kid that comes from very little with the ability to do both they realize that basketball is the bigger and more consistent payoff. Natural selection and economics. I love the NFL but there are even fewer NBA spots and that is one league that is incredibly hard to break into. And there is plenty more testimony from players and coaches about other NBA players that could have played in the NFL. This isn't gospel but some of these people know a little bit about what they are saying
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 27, 2013 at 11:35 PM ]
Oh I thought this was a Michael Crabtree thread...

Apparently it's Michael f**king Jordan / Kobe / Lakers can EAD thread
Crabs fell to 10 in the draft (DHB at 7) in 2010 because he could not run due to his foot injury

We still drafted him #10, he held out, and he came in and had a good rookie year

Then he had foot problems for the next 2 years, requiring surgery in 1.

Crabs has had 2 surgeries on his foot. He knows how to come back. He has come back to become the 1150 yard player that he was last year.

He will come back from the Achilles --- hell he is already doing inclines whereas Kobe is not :)

Kobe and Crabs are going to be the new Achilles paradigm, like AP with ACLs

If he comes back and gives us sumpin sumpin going into the playoffs, that is all we can ask

Come next year, he will be back at 100%
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Crabs fell to 10 in the draft (DHB at 7) in 2010 because he could not run due to his foot injury

We still drafted him #10, he held out, and he came in and had a good rookie year

Then he had foot problems for the next 2 years, requiring surgery in 1.

Crabs has had 2 surgeries on his foot. He knows how to come back. He has come back to become the 1150 yard player that he was last year.

He will come back from the Achilles --- hell he is already doing inclines whereas Kobe is not :)

Kobe and Crabs are going to be the new Achilles paradigm, like AP with ACLs

If he comes back and gives us sumpin sumpin going into the playoffs, that is all we can ask

Come next year, he will be back at 100%

True. Crabtree is a playmaker and his game is similar to Michael Irvin with much more YAC. He excels with tight coverage and he snatches the ball under duress and in traffic then gets upfield in a hurry. If you put the ball near him its either his or it falls incomplete. He won't lose that even if he does lose a step. He will remain and explosive powerful aggressive athlete. He plays with a mentality to win and he had Kap's trust
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
dont get me wrong, i think Kobe is second only to Jordan and im not even a lakers fan. Kobe is the man but Jordan is still the King. offense, defense, leadership, clutch and he made everyone around him better. winning a championship without a household name at center is pretty damn tough and jordan did it six times.
Yeah rodman, pippen and phil jackson had zero to do with Jordan winning 6 rings. When jordan ran to baseball due to his gambling problems(stern was about to suspend him for the upcoming season) the bulls still made a deep playoff run. They had a legit shot at making it to the finals but I believe they ran into the knicks. All that with no Jordan.

Jordan didn't win a single chip until I. thomas, Magic, and Bird has a foot out the door. Then he took advantage of the over hyped teams of the 90's where there was no one at the time playing MJ type ball. Also there was a huge influx of expansion teams in the late 80's early 90's.

Not to mention Kobe won In the tail end of jordan career, allen iverson, tim duncan era lebron era and even the begining of the durant era. Kobe even beat the original big 3 in Boston. All hall of fame members still in their prime. crazy thing is he's not even done yet.

checkmate!
keep telling yourself that. only a fool would say kobe is better than Jordan. i think kobe is a better shooter than jordan but jordan did EVERYTHING else better, he wasnt a ballhog and he was a damn good shooter himself. Jordan> everyone else. Jordan being the best in the NBA is almost as much of a lock as Jerry Rice being the greatest football player of all time
  • Ether
  • Veteran
How the fuk is Babe Ruth the "Michael Jordan" of baseball, considering Babe Ruth was considered by far the best player in his era, 50 years before Jordan was born. If anything, Jordan would've been the "Babe Ruth" of Basketball.

Also no way is anyone calling Wayne Gretzky, Jerry Rice, Pele (although I agree Maradona was more dominant) the "Michael Jordan" of their sport. They played in the same era for goodness sake.
I would put brady ahead of joe as the goat for Qb's I know niner fans wouldn't agree with that. I like joe I think he was great, but he's had some amazing talent on offense around him having the best coach ever to be in the nfl in walsh, has the goat in jerry at wr. Brady has a good coach but never that kind of talent around him and he gets it done, he had moss and welker but neither of those guys combine could compare to jerry rice.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I would put brady ahead of joe as the goat for Qb's I know niner fans wouldn't agree with that. I like joe I think he was great, but he's had some amazing talent on offense around him having the best coach ever to be in the nfl in walsh, has the goat in jerry at wr. Brady has a good coach but never that kind of talent around him and he gets it done, he had moss and welker but neither of those guys combine could compare to jerry rice.
what makes joe the best is the fact that he never lost the superbowl, or threw a pick in one for that matter. he was clutch and put together game winning drives that depended on him, not his kicker like brady. i do think brady is the second best but Joe is on top. the earliest superbowl was joe and a bunch of misfits and he got it done
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
crabs isn't going to make any plays this season.

This thread should be moved to the Parking Lot. It lost everything that the OP had intended.

Ive read every post on here, and its dissolved into an NBA vs NFL thread, and now some stuff about Joe.

Personally, I hate pro bball, and would love to see Kobe come over the middle against Willis and Bowman, just to shut him the hell up, maybe SEA will blow the bank on him to play WR :) Like they did with Harvin. Same goes for Arod.

Who cares. Guys pick their game and play it and get paid for it.

I hope Crabs comes back. We would have a respectable WR core for a change. I dont care if its week 2 or 14. Just as long as he comes back healthy and has the same repoir with Kap as last year. If he doesnt, well, we still have AB, patton, moore, we'll be fine, but like Phoenix said earlier, imagine what we could look like going into the playoffs if Crabs does come back.
what makes joe the best is the fact that he never lost the superbowl, or threw a pick in one for that matter. he was clutch and put together game winning drives that depended on him, not his kicker like brady. i do think brady is the second best but Joe is on top. the earliest superbowl was joe and a bunch of misfits and he got it done
Gold,
you also have to take into account how different the rules are when Joe was playing vs the way they are now. The rules make passing so much easier. So Brady is able to "get it done" with less talented players. Joe missed 3+ seasons due to injury from hits that are not allowed in today's game.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Gold,
you also have to take into account how different the rules are when Joe was playing vs the way they are now. The rules make passing so much easier. So Brady is able to "get it done" with less talented players. Joe missed 3+ seasons due to injury from hits that are not allowed in today's game.
This is a Crabtree thread, but let me say this: the perennial argument against Joe is that he always had great talent around him, but was that always true? Plus, Flash 80 did not come onto the scene until 86'. Joe had already won two Super Bowls by that time. Granted, after 86'. The Montana-Rice TD combination was lethal. Only to be supplanted by the Young-Rice combo.

Speaking of Rice, I hope Crabs does not rush back too fast and end up injuring himself again in the process.
I hope he doesn't come back too fast just so he can get in the game. He needs to heal and rehab properly (i'm sure he is) and not rush the rehab.
agree to disagree

Yeah Jordan didn't have shaq he had someone that catered to him pippen(lebron jr.), Kobe lost out on a lot of stats because both him and shaq fought tooth and nail to establish dominance(alpha male) within the team. Jordan never had to do that, pippen automatically assumed the role of second fiddle. Pippen new Jordan had to eat first then the rest of the team. Jordan and Pippen pretty much came into the league together and hit their peaks together a decade of chemistry was built. Can you imagine what shaq and kobe would do if they got along and never broke apart? Shaq and kobe have said before they left titles on the table due to their egos. Shaq and Kobe could've easily won 2-3 more titles.

Babe Ruth was the Michael Jordan of baseball?!?! bwahahahahahah try Willie Mays or Barry Bonds
Pele was the Michael Jordan of Soccer? not a bad choice but I would go with Maradona or Messi

Barry Bonds is a cheating ass punk b***h ass lying p***y who woulda made the hall of fame except he had to cheat then be a little birch punk and try to deny what every person in the f**king world except for a few homer giant fans know...that he took PEDS. f**k that no integrity having clownshoe. To even mention his name in the same breath as the Say Hey kid is an insult to everything baseball.
Share 49ersWebzone