There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

When did this turn into an NBA vs. NFL thread. Clearly football players have the better work ethic. End of discussion.


Now to the real purpose of the tread, I am excited for crabtree to come back! Once he gets healthy our wr core turns from average to elite. Boldin, Ham, Crabs, Patton will be a handful to deal with along with Vernon and McDonald.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
When did this turn into an NBA vs. NFL thread. Clearly football players have the better work ethic. End of discussion.


Now to the real purpose of the tread, I am excited for crabtree to come back! Once he gets healthy our wr core turns from average to elite. Boldin, Ham, Crabs, Patton will be a handful to deal with along with Vernon and McDonald.

I've lost all hope for Ham. By the time gets back on the field he'll be in his early 40s. It could be a pipe dream, but I'm holding out hope that Baldwin will step up.

Boldin, Crabs, Baldwin, Patton, Vernon and McDonald.... That's a lot of beef.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Sounds like he got that get well basket I sent him



I don't care, send him a whole case of the stuff.
i just hope he comes back with those quick moves of his...those jukes and cuts are ridiculous
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Basketball has more athletes that could cross over and excel in the NFL. Lebron could play anything in the NFL from TE, OLB, S, FS, CB, QB, WR. He would rule the NFL combine and he would go before Clowney. But why would he choose the NFL when the NBA is more lucrative with greater longevity. Now just what position would any NFL player play in the NBA?? The NBA takes much more size, skill and ability just to play any of the 5 spots on the floor. There is a physocal element to the NFL but once he takes a few hits, LBJ would rule the NFL. I would want him on the 49ers. And there are plenty others in the NBA that could do some of the same things. What could an NFL player do in the NBA? Natural selection bro

The only reason most NFL players couldn't play in the NBA is height. And LeBron James himself stated that he ran the 40 yard dash in 4.6 seconds. Nobody can "rule the NFL" with a 40 time of 4.6. He wouldn't even crack the Niner first string defense - too slow for any LB position and certainly couldn't run in the secondary. Impossible. He MIGHT be able to cut it as a TE, but Vance McDonald is the same speed, much bigger and much stronger. NFL players are in better shape, they have more discipline, they are lots faster and a lot stronger. The game they play is orders of magnitude more complicated. They are, on the average, much smarter athletes. If you were correct that basketball has more athletes who could play in the NFL, we would have seen that by now because only a small number make the big money. James would, at best, be a decent tight end. He's not fast enough to be one of the best tight ends. The lucrative aspect you keep repeating is irrelevant to the argument. Your argument that the NBA takes more skill and ability to play any of the five spots is arguable. How much skill does it take for a 7 foot tall person to dunk a basketball? I know a 65 year old man who can consistently make over 95 out of 100 free throw shots. I once saw him make 77 in a row. On the other hand, there are probably less than 32 athletes on the entire planet who can play quarterback for an NFL football team effectively at any given time. How many NBA basketball players have the speed, quickness and strength to cover the average #1 receiver on a given NFL offense? How many NBA starters could get open and catch a football with Richard Sherman guarding them? Is there any player in the NBA who could hold his ground with two NFL linemen trying to push him out of a play? Is there any athlete in the NBA who could go sideline to sideline as quickly as Patrick Willis or Navaro Bowman. How many NBA starters could assimilate a typical NFL playbook? How many plays does an NBA player need to prepare for? Come on. They draw up new ones on the floor in the middle of games sometimes. It's not even in the same universe as far as complexity. Basketball is a simple game by comparison. American football is the most complicated, complex and demanding team sport ever invented.

My God GNielsen! Reading your comment really made me fee like by brain had an orgasm. Nicely said.l
Originally posted by I_Saw_a_Fish:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Basketball has more athletes that could cross over and excel in the NFL. Lebron could play anything in the NFL from TE, OLB, S, FS, CB, QB, WR. He would rule the NFL combine and he would go before Clowney. But why would he choose the NFL when the NBA is more lucrative with greater longevity. Now just what position would any NFL player play in the NBA?? The NBA takes much more size, skill and ability just to play any of the 5 spots on the floor. There is a physocal element to the NFL but once he takes a few hits, LBJ would rule the NFL. I would want him on the 49ers. And there are plenty others in the NBA that could do some of the same things. What could an NFL player do in the NBA? Natural selection bro

The only reason most NFL players couldn't play in the NBA is height. And LeBron James himself stated that he ran the 40 yard dash in 4.6 seconds. Nobody can "rule the NFL" with a 40 time of 4.6. He wouldn't even crack the Niner first string defense - too slow for any LB position and certainly couldn't run in the secondary. Impossible. He MIGHT be able to cut it as a TE, but Vance McDonald is the same speed, much bigger and much stronger. NFL players are in better shape, they have more discipline, they are lots faster and a lot stronger. The game they play is orders of magnitude more complicated. They are, on the average, much smarter athletes. If you were correct that basketball has more athletes who could play in the NFL, we would have seen that by now because only a small number make the big money. James would, at best, be a decent tight end. He's not fast enough to be one of the best tight ends. The lucrative aspect you keep repeating is irrelevant to the argument. Your argument that the NBA takes more skill and ability to play any of the five spots is arguable. How much skill does it take for a 7 foot tall person to dunk a basketball? I know a 65 year old man who can consistently make over 95 out of 100 free throw shots. I once saw him make 77 in a row. On the other hand, there are probably less than 32 athletes on the entire planet who can play quarterback for an NFL football team effectively at any given time. How many NBA basketball players have the speed, quickness and strength to cover the average #1 receiver on a given NFL offense? How many NBA starters could get open and catch a football with Richard Sherman guarding them? Is there any player in the NBA who could hold his ground with two NFL linemen trying to push him out of a play? Is there any athlete in the NBA who could go sideline to sideline as quickly as Patrick Willis or Navaro Bowman. How many NBA starters could assimilate a typical NFL playbook? How many plays does an NBA player need to prepare for? Come on. They draw up new ones on the floor in the middle of games sometimes. It's not even in the same universe as far as complexity. Basketball is a simple game by comparison. American football is the most complicated, complex and demanding team sport ever invented.

My God GNielsen! Reading your comment really made me fee like by brain had an orgasm. Nicely said.l

This discussion resembles:

  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 5,057
Crabtree must be very eager to get back on the field. He was finally making a name for himself once Kap became the starter. I predict he will make a return by week 2 of the playoffs (divisional round) and play a bit part in the SB run.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by xtm059:
unpopular opinion time: I dont want crabtree to come back at all this year. I want him to take his rehab slowly and not rush anything, so he's healthy for the future. Also, I want the 49ers to figure out the WR position without him in it. There's no sense building your organization around someone with glass feet.

we need him for a deep playoff run. he's been there. most of these WRs haven't.

im going to have to disagree. We all know how boldin and vernon treat the playoffs - and if you're new here, the answer is like their b***h. With a halfway-competent group of #2s i dont think it will even be an issue. Great quarterbacks have been turning nobodys into names as long as the game has been played
Originally posted by xtm059:
im going to have to disagree. We all know how boldin and vernon treat the playoffs - and if you're new here, the answer is like their b***h. With a halfway-competent group of #2s i dont think it will even be an issue. Great quarterbacks have been turning nobodys into names as long as the game has been played

It really blows my mind how easily people act like Crabtree can be replaced. I mean I want to look on the bright side. I would say I'm optimistic guy. But just remember that a half way competent group of #2s look like children against a stud secondary any day of the week and once on the weekend alternating Saturday and Sunday.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,781
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Shoulda smartened you up a bit, NBA players are pansies

Because 82 games over 6+ months doesn't require toughness that 16 games over 4 months does.

Very few NFLers would have the talent to hack it in the NBA. It's a different level of elite athleticism.

If you put Kobe in at TE, he would kill the league. Think of Tony Gonzalez...only with the athleticism several orders of magnitude more imposing.

i dunno kray, might be a lil cray cray, but who knows, kray... there's been more cray things out there
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,781
Originally posted by gold49digger:
When did this turn into an NBA vs. NFL thread. Clearly football players have the better work ethic. End of discussion.


Now to the real purpose of the tread, I am excited for crabtree to come back! Once he gets healthy our wr core turns from average to elite. Boldin, Ham, Crabs, Patton will be a handful to deal with along with Vernon and McDonald.

Indeed!

Niners are going to be fine without Crabs, but even more lethal when he gets back on time for the post season.....
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The only reason most NFL players couldn't play in the NBA is height. And LeBron James himself stated that he ran the 40 yard dash in 4.6 seconds. Nobody can "rule the NFL" with a 40 time of 4.6. He wouldn't even crack the Niner first string defense - too slow for any LB position and certainly couldn't run in the secondary. Impossible. He MIGHT be able to cut it as a TE, but Vance McDonald is the same speed, much bigger and much stronger. NFL players are in better shape, they have more discipline, they are lots faster and a lot stronger. The game they play is orders of magnitude more complicated. They are, on the average, much smarter athletes. If you were correct that basketball has more athletes who could play in the NFL, we would have seen that by now because only a small number make the big money. James would, at best, be a decent tight end. He's not fast enough to be one of the best tight ends. The lucrative aspect you keep repeating is irrelevant to the argument. Your argument that the NBA takes more skill and ability to play any of the five spots is arguable. How much skill does it take for a 7 foot tall person to dunk a basketball? I know a 65 year old man who can consistently make over 95 out of 100 free throw shots. I once saw him make 77 in a row. On the other hand, there are probably less than 32 athletes on the entire planet who can play quarterback for an NFL football team effectively at any given time. How many NBA basketball players have the speed, quickness and strength to cover the average #1 receiver on a given NFL offense? How many NBA starters could get open and catch a football with Richard Sherman guarding them? Is there any player in the NBA who could hold his ground with two NFL linemen trying to push him out of a play? Is there any athlete in the NBA who could go sideline to sideline as quickly as Patrick Willis or Navaro Bowman. How many NBA starters could assimilate a typical NFL playbook? How many plays does an NBA player need to prepare for? Come on. They draw up new ones on the floor in the middle of games sometimes. It's not even in the same universe as far as complexity. Basketball is a simple game by comparison. American football is the most complicated, complex and demanding team sport ever invented.


I doubt Lebron weighs 250 lbs. He is built like a linebacker, yet is 6'8.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
dont get me wrong, i think Kobe is second only to Jordan and im not even a lakers fan. Kobe is the man but Jordan is still the King. offense, defense, leadership, clutch and he made everyone around him better. winning a championship without a household name at center is pretty damn tough and jordan did it six times.
Yeah rodman, pippen and phil jackson had zero to do with Jordan winning 6 rings. When jordan ran to baseball due to his gambling problems(stern was about to suspend him for the upcoming season) the bulls still made a deep playoff run. They had a legit shot at making it to the finals but I believe they ran into the knicks. All that with no Jordan.

Jordan didn't win a single chip until I. thomas, Magic, and Bird has a foot out the door. Then he took advantage of the over hyped teams of the 90's where there was no one at the time playing MJ type ball. Also there was a huge influx of expansion teams in the late 80's early 90's.

Not to mention Kobe won In the tail end of jordan career, allen iverson, tim duncan era lebron era and even the begining of the durant era. Kobe even beat the original big 3 in Boston. All hall of fame members still in their prime.
[ Edited by 5NorCalSavage2 on Aug 27, 2013 at 9:48 PM ]
I agree with kray about the level of athleticism...but Kobe would get killed plsying tight end
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
dont get me wrong, i think Kobe is second only to Jordan and im not even a lakers fan. Kobe is the man but Jordan is still the King. offense, defense, leadership, clutch and he made everyone around him better. winning a championship without a household name at center is pretty damn tough and jordan did it six times.
Yeah rodman, pippen and phil jackson had zero to do with Jordan winning 6 rings. When jordan ran to baseball due to his gambling problems(stern was about to suspend him for the upcoming season) the bulls still made a deep playoff run. They had a legit shot at making it to the finals but I believe they ran into the knicks. All that with no Jordan.

Jordan didn't win a single chip until I. thomas, Magic, and Bird has a foot out the door. Then he took advantage of the over hyped teams of the 90's where there was no one at the time playing MJ type ball. Also there was a huge influx of expansion teams in the late 80's early 90's.

Not to mention Kobe won In the tail end of jordan career, allen iverson, tim duncan era lebron era and even the begining of the durant era. Kobe even beat the original big 3 in Boston. All hall of fame members still in their prime. crazy thing is he's not even done yet.


checkmate!