LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
unpopular opinion time: I dont want crabtree to come back at all this year. I want him to take his rehab slowly and not rush anything, so he's healthy for the future. Also, I want the 49ers to figure out the WR position without him in it. There's no sense building your organization around someone with glass feet.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
kinematics... getting the muscles and joints to go through the motions without putting any serious loads on the muscles and joints. Essentially, you start with 0 and slowly reduce the cushion until they're just running normally.

that's what i thought, but if you can go weightless, is it more beneficial to have an incline or not?
Seems like walking up an incline would stretch the achilles further than a flat surface. But hey, I'm no Physical therapist... I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night doe.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Look at that technology! Wow.

And, "Kobe has a superior wJimiork ethic"??? Please. No NBA player has a superior work ethic to any top-flight NFL player. You touch an NBA player while he's trying to make a shot and he starts crying. There is no NBA player that could last five minutes in an NFL game.

Doubt that. Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates. While they weren't nba they were basketball players, and you can't say someone like lebron or andre igoduala wouldn't be able to crack someone or atleast take a hit.

wJimiork?

illuminati
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by xtm059:
unpopular opinion time: I dont want crabtree to come back at all this year. I want him to take his rehab slowly and not rush anything, so he's healthy for the future. Also, I want the 49ers to figure out the WR position without him in it. There's no sense building your organization around someone with glass feet.

we need him for a deep playoff run. he's been there. most of these WRs haven't.
I'm not expecting anything from Crabs this year. Even if he does come back, will be in football shape?
Originally posted by AutographDynasty:
Awesome treadmill.

Early November is optimistic, I forget what time frame was the more realistic one. January?

Hunter came back after 8 1/2 months. January would be safe but he does seem to be ahead of schedule already.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
crabs will probably be even slower when he comes back.
Originally posted by kray28:
Crabs is no Kobe....for that reason alone, I expect him to be done for this season.

It's also quite possible that Crabs will never be the same again....that's an injury that very few athletics recover from. When he does recover, he'll be a step or two slower. An Achilles is also a terrible injury for receivers because so much of their effectiveness is based on their ability to cut, stop, and explode into their breaks. Those are movements which will be severely impacted by a damaged Achilles.

Kendall Hunter disagrees with you.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AutographDynasty:
Awesome treadmill.

Early November is optimistic, I forget what time frame was the more realistic one. January?

Hunter came back after 8 1/2 months. January would be safe but he does seem to be ahead of schedule already.

Hunter also didn't have the surgery right away. For whatever reason they wanted a month or two before.
Originally posted by susweel:

he will be Tom Brady slow

Originally posted by xtm059:

I totally respect that opinion. However, it is illogical to form the conclusion that Crabtree must take his rehab slowly in order to get healthy for the future. I agree - if Crabtree is not ready this year, then don't play him. But if he's ready to go, then by all means, lets play him.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Running slower than Robocop smdh
Originally posted by ninermedic:

Originally posted by ninermedic:

Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Look at that technology! Wow.

And, "Kobe has a superior wJimiork ethic"??? Please. No NBA player has a superior work ethic to any top-flight NFL player. You touch an NBA player while he's trying to make a shot and he starts crying. There is no NBA player that could last five minutes in an NFL game.

Doubt that. Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates. While they weren't nba they were basketball players, and you can't say someone like lebron or andre igoduala wouldn't be able to crack someone or atleast take a hit.

I can see by some of the responses that this touches a nerve. It was a bit tongue-in-cheek with the touch them and crying bit, but there is an old argument that's been going on for years about this. The argument is who are generally better athletes? NBA players or NFL players? I've heard a lot of pros argue about this, but the most compelling is this one: which professional athletes have successfully made transitions to other pro games? First of all, Graham, Gonzalez and Gates simply don't count because they were college players and we all know that the jump between even division one and pro is a lot steeper than people think no matter what sport you're talking about. But as far as transitioning from pro to pro, you can find quite a few NFL players who were successful in the bigs at baseball - Bo Jackson, Dieon Sanders, that safety who played for Atlanta, I forget his name and a few others. But there is literally no example I know of where you can find an NBA player who has ever been able to successfully transfer to another pro sport. Hell, even golf. John Brodie had a successful career on the senior circuit for a few years. Where is the NBA player who can even play golf on a pro level. The greatest NBA player of all time (IMO) couldn't get out of the minors in baseball and couldn't scratch his way on to a pro tour in golf to save his life. Yes, NBA players are incredible athletes, but NFL players are just as incredible and take a huge beating while being incredible. And, their athleticism seems more general and not as specific as NBA guys as evidenced by the way they can play other sports.
Share 49ersWebzone