There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Crabs is no Kobe....for that reason alone, I expect him to be done for this season.

It's also quite possible that Crabs will never be the same again....that's an injury that very few athletics recover from. When he does recover, he'll be a step or two slower. An Achilles is also a terrible injury for receivers because so much of their effectiveness is based on their ability to cut, stop, and explode into their breaks. Those are movements which will be severely impacted by a damaged Achilles.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's going to be very hard for him to come back this year. But I hope for the best.

i wouldn't even want to risk it, i say shut him down and let him come back 100 percent next year. I hope we can sign him long term tho.

I disagree... with the success of other guys coming off injury, and the added benefit of a legit WR coming into the fold before the playoff push, I'm all for it.
Originally posted by kray28:
Crabs is no Kobe....for that reason alone, I expect him to be done for this season.

It's also quite possible that Crabs will never be the same again....that's an injury that very few athletics recover from. When he does recover, he'll be a step or two slower. An Achilles is also a terrible injury for receivers because so much of their effectiveness is based on their ability to cut, stop, and explode into their breaks. Those are movements which will be severely impacted by a damaged Achilles.

Explode, stop, start, turn on a dime, explode into breaks are all hugely effected by achilles. I'm worried too. Not sure he will be the same. I hope for the best.
Crabs coming off a serious injury like this might be compelled to resign short term for a discount...that's the only way I see him staying a Niner. I doubt he gets big money anywhere else coming off an Achilles rupture.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Sounds like he got that get well basket I sent him

Its the Ray Lewis "I didn't cheat" and "Its too late and there is nothing you can do about it cuz I'm retiring" magic potion!
Originally posted by kray28:

have the Oakland A's had a lot of torn achilles in their history? LOL
but seriously, with today's medical and rehabilitation technology and methods, i don't think its as career threatening as it was even 5 years ago.
plus Kendall Hunter looks like he still has his explosiveness.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mattster03:

That treadmill is pretty cool. From what I understand it's pressurized in that bubble and seal around his waist actually lifts him with the inflation and takes almost all weight of his lower body as he walks.

Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Sounds like he got that get well basket I sent him

Its the Ray Lewis "I didn't cheat" and "Its too late and there is nothing you can do about it cuz I'm retiring" magic potion!

Lol, I think he needs a deer antler foot bath... forget the spray.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by mattster03:

That treadmill is pretty cool. From what I understand it's pressurized in that bubble and seal around his waist actually lifts him with the inflation and takes almost all weight of his lower body as he walks.

Crabs is walking on an incline
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Crabs is walking on an incline

Doesn't matter...you can have total weightlessness on that thing
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

so why do it then?

so why do it then?

probably his first time on the thing

so why do it then?

kinematics... getting the muscles and joints to go through the motions without putting any serious loads on the muscles and joints. Essentially, you start with 0 and slowly reduce the cushion until they're just running normally.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
kinematics... getting the muscles and joints to go through the motions without putting any serious loads on the muscles and joints. Essentially, you start with 0 and slowly reduce the cushion until they're just running normally.

that's what i thought, but if you can go weightless, is it more beneficial to have an incline or not?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Look at that technology! Wow.

And, "Kobe has a superior wJimiork ethic"??? Please. No NBA player has a superior work ethic to any top-flight NFL player. You touch an NBA player while he's trying to make a shot and he starts crying. There is no NBA player that could last five minutes in an NFL game.

Doubt that. Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates. While they weren't nba they were basketball players, and you can't say someone like lebron or andre igoduala wouldn't be able to crack someone or atleast take a hit.