There are 179 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
man i miss crabs, hope we re-sign him, he is my fav player.
A week 14 return would be awesome but still doubt he plays this year.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I think he got the same surgery as Kobe:

From Kobe:

"We don't know," Bryant told the gathered reporters. "That's the thing about this injury is that the surgical procedure was different, how we did it, was different. Because of that the recovery has been different, the timetable has been different, the normal timetable for recovering from an Achilles, we've shattered that. Three-and-a-half months, I can already walk just fine, I am lifting weight just fine. So we don't know what that timetable is going to be, this is new territory for us all."
Originally posted by pd24:

From Kobe:

"We don't know," Bryant told the gathered reporters. "That's the thing about this injury is that the surgical procedure was different, how we did it, was different. Because of that the recovery has been different, the timetable has been different, the normal timetable for recovering from an Achilles, we've shattered that. Three-and-a-half months, I can already walk just fine, I am lifting weight just fine. So we don't know what that timetable is going to be, this is new territory for us all."

HGH
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by pd24:

From Kobe:

HGH

Now would be the best time to do it, before they start testing. I would be for it.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Look at that technology! Wow.

And, "Kobe has a superior work ethic"??? Please. No NBA player has a superior work ethic to any top-flight NFL player. You touch an NBA player while he's trying to make a shot and he starts crying. There is no NBA player that could last five minutes in an NFL game.

Reading this nonsense made me at least 2 IQ pts dumber.
Originally posted by kray28:

And, "Kobe has a superior work ethic"??? Please. No NBA player has a superior work ethic to any top-flight NFL player. You touch an NBA player while he's trying to make a shot and he starts crying. There is no NBA player that could last five minutes in an NFL game.

Reading this nonsense made me at least 2 IQ pts dumber.
Shoulda smartened you up a bit, NBA players are pansies
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Do you know what work ethic is? It has nothing at all to do with touching an NBA player while he is trying to make a shot.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Shoulda smartened you up a bit, NBA players are pansies

Because 82 games over 6+ months doesn't require toughness that 16 games over 4 months does.

Very few NFLers would have the talent to hack it in the NBA. It's a different level of elite athleticism.

If you put Kobe in at TE, he would kill the league. Think of Tony Gonzalez...only with the athleticism several orders of magnitude more imposing.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
I have faith in Crabtree. I don't want to see him leave :(
I hope he resigns.

then why would you want him to formally and voluntarily quit?

OHHHHH

It's going to be very hard for him to come back this year. But I hope for the best.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's going to be very hard for him to come back this year. But I hope for the best.

i wouldn't even want to risk it, i say shut him down and let him come back 100 percent next year. I hope we can sign him long term tho.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

i wouldn't even want to risk it, i say shut him down and let him come back 100 percent next year. I hope we can sign him long term tho.

I doubt it. I think he is gone. We got Aldon, Kaep, and Iupati looming. All are more important than Crabtree. I think Patton will be better than people think and will fill this void somewhat.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Crabs is no Kobe....for that reason alone, I expect him to be done for this season.

It's also quite possible that Crabs will never be the same again....that's an injury that very few athletics recover from. When he does recover, he'll be a step or two slower. An Achilles is also a terrible injury for receivers because so much of their effectiveness is based on their ability to cut, stop, and explode into their breaks. Those are movements which will be severely impacted by a damaged Achilles.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

I disagree... with the success of other guys coming off injury, and the added benefit of a legit WR coming into the fold before the playoff push, I'm all for it.
Share 49ersWebzone