LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 305 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Crabtree is being used in the middle now and is showing his ability. He is definitely a move the chains type of WCO receiver used this way.
This guy is the truth. He may not be a big play receiver, even though I think he can be. ( remember all the touchdowns he has scored over 30 yards before this season..all the times Alex overthrew him down the sideline?)

But right now, Alex Smith and Michael Crabtree are lethal as a QB to WR duo. Smith places the ball with such accuracy on the short 5-10 yard throws to Crabtree, which allows the beast to do exactly what he was drafted to do: Rack up the YAC.

I can't wait to see this guy's highlight reel for this season.
Crabtree worries me alot more than Alex come playoff time.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Crabtree worries me alot more than Alex come playoff time.

He's no longer the only wr on this team
2012's 5 yard quick out to Crabs over the middle for a TD = 2011's deep seam route to Vernon.

MONEY.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
2012's 5 yard quick out to Crabs over the middle for a TD = 2011's deep seam route to Vernon.

MONEY.

Loving the jerk routes and drags... that is what Crabtree has been running and it's really forcing opponents to have to choose between the deep perimeter coverage or the inside.
There finally using him properly. Dude is a beast
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
He's no longer the only wr on this team

Never was to begin with. Vernon is the best receiver on this team.
Crabtree's getting better every week this season
So some are telling me has creates separation after the catch but he is not fast enough? Is this because we don't use him for those routes? I say to you,

Moss is not a good deep ball receiver because we don't throw deep to him.

MONEY.

That would be 2008-2010 and 2011 was the VD "wheel route." I don't think we've called a seam route since Roman got here.
Thanks for the love, guys.
Originally posted by Marsh:

MONEY.

What will be 2013?

I'd be happy with a two WR crossing route or quick slant!
Sucks because I have no doubt Alex would of kept feeding Crabtree in this game. Sucks that he went out and had Kap come in and he just wasn't able to find Crabby.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Sucks because I have no doubt Alex would of kept feeding Crabtree in this game. Sucks that he went out and had Kap come in and he just wasn't able to find Crabby.

Yeah, was really hoping Kaep would recognize Crabs on some of his routes, he seems more privy to the Manningham and Moss type of deep ins etc. Crabtree is really starting to become a #1 receiver, in his own way, every WR does damage differently, some are good enough to be able to do it all like AJ Green or Fitz, but Crabtree finally looks like who we drafted.
Share 49ersWebzone