There are 257 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I'd give Crabs that deal in a heartbeat
I watch the kap threw to him the ball when Sherman got a tipped the ball. I wanted crabtree don't jump then go run and catch the ball cuz the ball was tipped it. Next time. Crabtree need to use thinks! Or if Sherman was avoiding chase him then crabtree can jump and catch the ball.

Or if Sherman got close on him that he will alway jump and tipped the ball when someone is run and catch the ball (ints).. So crabtree must understand to play a smart about Sherman the way. U know what I mean?. Go crabtree. .
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I watch the kap threw to him the ball when Sherman got a tipped the ball. I wanted crabtree don't jump then go run and catch the ball cuz the ball was tipped it. Next time. Crabtree need to use thinks! Or if Sherman was avoiding chase him then crabtree can jump and catch the ball.

Or if Sherman got close on him that he will alway jump and tipped the ball when someone is run and catch the ball (ints).. So crabtree must understand to play a smart about Sherman the way. U know what I mean?. Go crabtree. .

Yeah..., Go Crabtree!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nuns:
I'd give Crabs that deal in a heartbeat

I would too.
Jordy Nelson just got 4 years $39M. I hope a deal like that will keep Crabtree around.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Jul 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Jordy Nelson just got 4 years $39M. I hope a deal like that will keep Crabtree around.

The market is set. 2 receivers with longer and more stable track records have received just a shade under $10 million a year for 4 years.

B. Marshall - 30 years old, birthday was in March
8 years, 123 games played, 712 receptions, 9,050 yards, 57 TDs
New contract - 4 years $39.3M w/ $22.3M guaranteed - $7.5M signing bonus

Jordy Nelson - 29 years old, birthday was in May
6 years, 89 games played, 302 receptions, 4,590 yards, 36 TDs
New contract - 4 years $39M w/ $14.2M guaranteed - $11.5M signing bonus

Compared to Crabtree's career
26 years old, turns 27 on Sept. 14
5 years, 63 games played, 279 receptions, 3,629 yards, 22 TDs

Crabtree's career is close to Nelson's even though they are vastly different styles. Looks like we'll be paying Crabtree for his rapport with Kap as well as his steady production. I bet Baalke will shoot for an average $7.5/8M a year with a lot of incentives that could push it towards $9.5M a year.
[ Edited by sfout on Jul 26, 2014 at 9:36 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

The market is set. 2 receivers with longer and more stable track records have received just a shade under $10 million a year for 4 years.

Crabtree's career is close to Nelson's even though they are vastly different styles. Looks like we'll be paying Crabtree for his rapport with Kap as well as his steady production. I bet Baalke will shoot for an average $7.5/8M a year with a lot of incentives that could push it towards $9.5M a year.

Seems reasonable. Crabtree may want to top those guys as his team is much more successful (than Chicago) but I don't see Baalke giving into him now that they have Johnson and Boldin. Coming out of college I thought Crabtree would be a dominant reciever but he hasn't quite lived up to my expectations. This may be a year for the passing game to shine...PLEASE!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 26, 2014 at 10:14 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by sfout:

Seems reasonable. Crabtree may want to top those guys as his team is much more successful (than Chicago) but I don't see Baalke giving into him now that they have Johnson and Boldin. Coming out of college I thought Crabtree would be a dominant reciever but he hasn't quite lived up to my expectations. This may be a year for the passing game to shine...PLEASE!

U need stop that about give to crabtree for moneys alot.. dude. Sherman did beat to crabtree. . I don't want to hear ur saying about crabtree. . I am too emotion. . We loss game it.. .. Nelson got ring of chamionship with green bay (qb #12)
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jul 26, 2014 at 10:42 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone