There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
So many posts in here that think Crabs doesn't like being in SF, I don't get it. I don't see any logical evidence to believe that he wants to leave via free agency. All I see is positive talk from a man whos 5 years older and 5 years more mature than the young guy coming into the league that listened to idiots. The evidence I see is that Crabs loves his teammates, loves winning, like the bay area weather, likes his coaches, and works well with his quarterback.

If Crabtree leaves, it will be less of him accepting a Niners deal and more of the Niners not offering him a fair value--or any $ value, ala Tarell Brown.

If theres any fair value like a 6.5m to 8m range for 4 or 5 years, then I believe Crabtree wants to be in San Francisco, not to mention look good in red and gold while hes playing in a brand new shiny stadium

Agree 100%. I think Crab loves it here. The only thing people use to say he doesn't is based on his rookie holdout. That was 5 years ago and a complete non-issue now. If he signs elsewhere next year, it will be because he got a better deal and needs to do whats best for him financially.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
So many posts in here that think Crabs doesn't like being in SF, I don't get it. I don't see any logical evidence to believe that he wants to leave via free agency. All I see is positive talk from a man whos 5 years older and 5 years more mature than the young guy coming into the league that listened to idiots. The evidence I see is that Crabs loves his teammates, loves winning, like the bay area weather, likes his coaches, and works well with his quarterback.

If Crabtree leaves, it will be less of him accepting a Niners deal and more of the Niners not offering him a fair value--or any $ value, ala Tarell Brown.

If theres any fair value like a 6.5m to 8m range for 4 or 5 years, then I believe Crabtree wants to be in San Francisco, not to mention look good in red and gold while hes playing in a brand new shiny stadium

If he plays like I think he can which is around 1300-1400 yards he is going to be well worth $10 million annually. Just give him the Jimmy Graham deal. Keep in mind Crabtree had 457 yards rcv in 8 games including playoffs fresh off a bum Achilles. He was around 80-85% then. I can easily see him approaching 1300 yards this year fully healthy with weapons around him and a more mature Kap
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 21, 2014 at 8:37 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
http://instagram.com/p/qszY-8Ftdy/

LODB

Ah he's trying to f**k with Sherman's mind and Dick won't know whether to just laugh or get super pissed off LOL.

He'll probably chuckle first, then suddenly the roids will kick in and his entire head will explode except for his mouth because it's indestructible. Then Pete Carroll will have to rejuvenate him with his magically laced chewing gum of youth.
Roddy White just got extended...I wonder what Crabtree will be seeking?

Falcons signed Roddy White to a four-year extension worth up to $30 million.

White was set to enter the final year of a six-year, $48 million deal he signed in August of 2009. Now he's tied to the Falcons through 2017 and will get $18 million over the next two years. It's a long deal for a 32-year-old receiver, but White showed he has plenty left in the tank by averaging 8.6 catches for 100.4 yards with two touchdowns over the final five weeks of last season. The career-long Falcon will remain a focal point of the offense along with Julio Jones, forming one of the game's best receiving duos.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
I'd give Crabs that deal in a heartbeat
I watch the kap threw to him the ball when Sherman got a tipped the ball. I wanted crabtree don't jump then go run and catch the ball cuz the ball was tipped it. Next time. Crabtree need to use thinks! Or if Sherman was avoiding chase him then crabtree can jump and catch the ball.

Or if Sherman got close on him that he will alway jump and tipped the ball when someone is run and catch the ball (ints).. So crabtree must understand to play a smart about Sherman the way. U know what I mean?. Go crabtree. .
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I watch the kap threw to him the ball when Sherman got a tipped the ball. I wanted crabtree don't jump then go run and catch the ball cuz the ball was tipped it. Next time. Crabtree need to use thinks! Or if Sherman was avoiding chase him then crabtree can jump and catch the ball.

Or if Sherman got close on him that he will alway jump and tipped the ball when someone is run and catch the ball (ints).. So crabtree must understand to play a smart about Sherman the way. U know what I mean?. Go crabtree. .

Yeah..., Go Crabtree!
Originally posted by Nuns:
I'd give Crabs that deal in a heartbeat

I would too.
Jordy Nelson just got 4 years $39M. I hope a deal like that will keep Crabtree around.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Jul 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,305
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Jordy Nelson just got 4 years $39M. I hope a deal like that will keep Crabtree around.

The market is set. 2 receivers with longer and more stable track records have received just a shade under $10 million a year for 4 years.

B. Marshall - 30 years old, birthday was in March
8 years, 123 games played, 712 receptions, 9,050 yards, 57 TDs
New contract - 4 years $39.3M w/ $22.3M guaranteed - $7.5M signing bonus

Jordy Nelson - 29 years old, birthday was in May
6 years, 89 games played, 302 receptions, 4,590 yards, 36 TDs
New contract - 4 years $39M w/ $14.2M guaranteed - $11.5M signing bonus

Compared to Crabtree's career
26 years old, turns 27 on Sept. 14
5 years, 63 games played, 279 receptions, 3,629 yards, 22 TDs

Crabtree's career is close to Nelson's even though they are vastly different styles. Looks like we'll be paying Crabtree for his rapport with Kap as well as his steady production. I bet Baalke will shoot for an average $7.5/8M a year with a lot of incentives that could push it towards $9.5M a year.
[ Edited by sfout on Jul 26, 2014 at 9:36 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Jordy Nelson just got 4 years $39M. I hope a deal like that will keep Crabtree around.

The market is set. 2 receivers with longer and more stable track records have received just a shade under $10 million a year for 4 years.

B. Marshall - 30 years old, birthday was in March
8 years, 123 games played, 712 receptions, 9,050 yards, 57 TDs
New contract - 4 years $39.3M w/ $22.3M guaranteed - $7.5M signing bonus

Jordy Nelson - 29 years old, birthday was in May
6 years, 89 games played, 302 receptions, 4,590 yards, 36 TDs
New contract - 4 years $39M w/ $14.2M guaranteed - $11.5M signing bonus

Compared to Crabtree's career
26 years old, turns 27 on Sept. 14
5 years, 63 games played, 279 receptions, 3,629 yards, 22 TDs

Crabtree's career is close to Nelson's even though they are vastly different styles. Looks like we'll be paying Crabtree for his rapport with Kap as well as his steady production. I bet Baalke will shoot for an average $7.5/8M a year with a lot of incentives that could push it towards $9.5M a year.

Seems reasonable. Crabtree may want to top those guys as his team is much more successful (than Chicago) but I don't see Baalke giving into him now that they have Johnson and Boldin. Coming out of college I thought Crabtree would be a dominant reciever but he hasn't quite lived up to my expectations. This may be a year for the passing game to shine...PLEASE!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 26, 2014 at 10:14 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Jordy Nelson just got 4 years $39M. I hope a deal like that will keep Crabtree around.

The market is set. 2 receivers with longer and more stable track records have received just a shade under $10 million a year for 4 years.

B. Marshall - 30 years old, birthday was in March
8 years, 123 games played, 712 receptions, 9,050 yards, 57 TDs
New contract - 4 years $39.3M w/ $22.3M guaranteed - $7.5M signing bonus

Jordy Nelson - 29 years old, birthday was in May
6 years, 89 games played, 302 receptions, 4,590 yards, 36 TDs
New contract - 4 years $39M w/ $14.2M guaranteed - $11.5M signing bonus

Compared to Crabtree's career
26 years old, turns 27 on Sept. 14
5 years, 63 games played, 279 receptions, 3,629 yards, 22 TDs

Crabtree's career is close to Nelson's even though they are vastly different styles. Looks like we'll be paying Crabtree for his rapport with Kap as well as his steady production. I bet Baalke will shoot for an average $7.5/8M a year with a lot of incentives that could push it towards $9.5M a year.

Seems reasonable. Crabtree may want to top those guys as his team is much more successful (than Chicago) but I don't see Baalke giving into him now that they have Johnson and Boldin. Coming out of college I thought Crabtree would be a dominant reciever but he hasn't quite lived up to my expectations. This may be a year for the passing game to shine...PLEASE!



U need stop that about give to crabtree for moneys alot.. dude. Sherman did beat to crabtree. . I don't want to hear ur saying about crabtree. . I am too emotion. . We loss game it.. .. Nelson got ring of chamionship with green bay (qb #12)
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jul 26, 2014 at 10:42 AM ]