There are 258 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Picture >> Link

Let's go CRABBBBBBB...f**k a sherrman
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM ]
Crabs is going to be a breakout player this year. Can't image how frustrating it must be to keep having lower body injuries, especially when most of your money is made in the offseason by having trained that lower body. Seriously, you all know, when you hurt or strain something in your legs or feet, you can't do any squats or anything with high intensity. Crabs hasn't been able to put together a complete year of training.

He's finally got that chance and it is obvious he is showing the bounce and explosiveness that he would have had in his step from his rookie year if he wasn't plagued with injuries.

Dude's gonna ball out this year. Then he will sign with another team.
With that new Staley deal, Boone holding out, Vern holding out, IDK if we will sign Crabby.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Picture >> Link

Looks great out there!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Picture >> Link

Looks great out there!

u sure about that? he fell flat on his face right after this pic was snapped.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
The contracts for Calvin, Fitz, Marshall, A. Johnson, and Wallace make it prohibitively expensive to use the franchise tag on a WR (unless its AJ Green or Julio Jones). If I understand correctly, the tag is the average of the top 5 guys, totally guaranteed and all counting against the cap.

Save the tag for Vernon!!

crabs is better than vern tho

That's debatable, but what isn't debatable is the $5M disparity between the WR tag and the TE tag...

I think its a toss up, but Davis is easily a top 3 TE in the league where as Crab is in the shuffle between 11-25, once he shows consistency, he can climb in that top 10 VERY SOON.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
With that new Staley deal, Boone holding out, Vern holding out, IDK if we will sign Crabby.

This is exactly why we should sign Crabtree. Since his rookie holdout last decade he has done nothing but report to work every off season and has started every game he played for us. He has worked very hard and he kept his mouth shut about money and focused on the field. He has been a tremendous performer for us the last couple years in particular
If Crabtree starts the season out on fire like I know he will we need to give him $10 million annually before November because he will get PAID in free agency. Probably Percy Harvin money
I say we try to get Crab locked down right now at 7-9 mil a year. If he goes off this year he will be in the 10-14 mill range I bet.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Crabs is going to be a breakout player this year. Can't image how frustrating it must be to keep having lower body injuries, especially when most of your money is made in the offseason by having trained that lower body. Seriously, you all know, when you hurt or strain something in your legs or feet, you can't do any squats or anything with high intensity. Crabs hasn't been able to put together a complete year of training.

He's finally got that chance and it is obvious he is showing the bounce and explosiveness that he would have had in his step from his rookie year if he wasn't plagued with injuries.

Dude's gonna ball out this year. Then he will sign with another team.

If we win the super bowl, I'm pretty sure he will be the first of our free agents we lose. And we will pretty much have to deal with a raven/seadderall off season where we lose a lot more free agents than we gain.

So many posts in here that think Crabs doesn't like being in SF, I don't get it. I don't see any logical evidence to believe that he wants to leave via free agency. All I see is positive talk from a man whos 5 years older and 5 years more mature than the young guy coming into the league that listened to idiots. The evidence I see is that Crabs loves his teammates, loves winning, like the bay area weather, likes his coaches, and works well with his quarterback.

If Crabtree leaves, it will be less of him accepting a Niners deal and more of the Niners not offering him a fair value--or any $ value, ala Tarell Brown.

If theres any fair value like a 6.5m to 8m range for 4 or 5 years, then I believe Crabtree wants to be in San Francisco, not to mention look good in red and gold while hes playing in a brand new shiny stadium
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
So many posts in here that think Crabs doesn't like being in SF, I don't get it. I don't see any logical evidence to believe that he wants to leave via free agency. All I see is positive talk from a man whos 5 years older and 5 years more mature than the young guy coming into the league that listened to idiots. The evidence I see is that Crabs loves his teammates, loves winning, like the bay area weather, likes his coaches, and works well with his quarterback.

If Crabtree leaves, it will be less of him accepting a Niners deal and more of the Niners not offering him a fair value--or any $ value, ala Tarell Brown.

If theres any fair value like a 6.5m to 8m range for 4 or 5 years, then I believe Crabtree wants to be in San Francisco, not to mention look good in red and gold while hes playing in a brand new shiny stadium

Agree 100%. I think Crab loves it here. The only thing people use to say he doesn't is based on his rookie holdout. That was 5 years ago and a complete non-issue now. If he signs elsewhere next year, it will be because he got a better deal and needs to do whats best for him financially.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

If he plays like I think he can which is around 1300-1400 yards he is going to be well worth $10 million annually. Just give him the Jimmy Graham deal. Keep in mind Crabtree had 457 yards rcv in 8 games including playoffs fresh off a bum Achilles. He was around 80-85% then. I can easily see him approaching 1300 yards this year fully healthy with weapons around him and a more mature Kap
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 21, 2014 at 8:37 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
http://instagram.com/p/qszY-8Ftdy/

LODB

Ah he's trying to f**k with Sherman's mind and Dick won't know whether to just laugh or get super pissed off LOL.

He'll probably chuckle first, then suddenly the roids will kick in and his entire head will explode except for his mouth because it's indestructible. Then Pete Carroll will have to rejuvenate him with his magically laced chewing gum of youth.
Roddy White just got extended...I wonder what Crabtree will be seeking?

Falcons signed Roddy White to a four-year extension worth up to $30 million.

White was set to enter the final year of a six-year, $48 million deal he signed in August of 2009. Now he's tied to the Falcons through 2017 and will get $18 million over the next two years. It's a long deal for a 32-year-old receiver, but White showed he has plenty left in the tank by averaging 8.6 catches for 100.4 yards with two touchdowns over the final five weeks of last season. The career-long Falcon will remain a focal point of the offense along with Julio Jones, forming one of the game's best receiving duos.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Share 49ersWebzone