There are 160 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
cmon

arizona as one of the best defenses in nfl when it comes to pass offense

Yes, AZ plays some great defense. But I'm talking about better teams. Mainly the Giants. I think we have the weapons to be able to score enough on the Giants to win. Even with their great pass rush, there is no way they should be able to shut us down the way they did.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
^ these guys will smile and tolerate the lower numbers... but if we get on a stretch of losing games, that could change. Not gonna worry until there's something to worry about.

Agree with this with most players but Crabtree has shown a frustration that may not be swayed by four or even six targets per game. If he doesn't become the go to guy I predict he will leave during FAcy. Hope I'm wrong and that he grows up over the next year...he has already to some extent.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
^ these guys will smile and tolerate the lower numbers... but if we get on a stretch of losing games, that could change. Not gonna worry until there's something to worry about.

Agree with this with most players but Crabtree has shown a frustration that may not be swayed by four or even six targets per game. If he doesn't become the go to guy I predict he will leave during FAcy. Hope I'm wrong and that he grows up over the next year...he has already to some extent.

Hope you are wrong here too, but to be honest, I am not much worried about Crabtree. Meaning, I don't think he's so wonderful that we can't move on from him and his large contract. I like him.. wanted us to draft him.. and he can make some wow plays. But that said, I don't think he is essential to our team moving beyond this season.

( I know, I know... someone will twist this into me being a Crabtree hater..but I am most certainly not. )
Hope you are wrong here too, but to be honest, I am not much worried about Crabtree. Meaning, I don't think he's so wonderful that we can't move on from him and his large contract. I like him.. wanted us to draft him.. and he can make some wow plays. But that said, I don't think he is essential to our team moving beyond this season.

( I know, I know... someone will twist this into me being a Crabtree hater..but I am most certainly not. )

Understand and agree completely! With Jenkins, Williams and Manningham we have three really interesting WRs going forward, and plenty of draft picks to play with. If we need to trim the budget I could see this as a place to do it, though I would also like to see him here for the long haul. Moss may want to stick around as well and he probably won't demand a huge contract at his age.

So funny after last year how much improvement there is in depth at this spot!

Understand and agree completely! With Jenkins, Williams and Manningham we have three really interesting WRs going forward, and plenty of draft picks to play with. If we need to trim the budget I could see this as a place to do it, though I would also like to see him here for the long haul. Moss may want to stick around as well and he probably won't demand a huge contract at his age.

Yeah, tell me about it. I am doing a GM Mock draft on a... uhm.. different site, and the FAs are all considered re-signed to the GMs that want them back. So I have virtually NO needs, and 11 draft picks to play with.

(but even without re-signing all FAs, we really are in good shape... just have a few tough decisions to make)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like Crabs.

I agree. I proposed the idea in the other thread approaching Crabtree about an extension after the season considering he will be entering year 5. Although he will still have two years left on his deal, lowering his cap number should give us some much needed space to resign our own FAs. It will give us a good idea of where his head is at now after the last time the 49ers negotiated a contract with him. If he turns it down, I say he's gone after 2013. I like him also and think he has the potential to be a great player, but some tough decisions have to be made in order to keep as many key players on this team as possible.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
What frustration has Crabtree shown this season? Let's not make things up.

I'm going to use Harbaugh's word: "Erroneous"
Originally posted by SaksV:
What frustration has Crabtree shown this season? Let's not make things up.

I'm going to use Harbaugh's word: "Erroneous"

Body language and interviews where he says things like "Alex just needs to trust us." He's an awkward interview so perhaps he is not as unhappy as his mic appearances indicate. Between MC and Smith I'm not sure who makes me cringe more when they speak---for sure!
Body language and interviews where he says things like "Alex just needs to trust us." He's an awkward interview so perhaps he is not as unhappy as his mic appearances indicate. Between MC and Smith I'm not sure who makes me cringe more when they speak---for sure!

?

What's the big problem with.. you mean Alex, I presume? He responds to media alright, IMO. Uses phrases like "no question" "uhm" way too much... but a Franky G interview, he is not.

?

What's the big problem with.. you mean Alex, I presume? He responds to media alright, IMO. Uses phrases like "no question" "uhm" way too much... but a Franky G interview, he is not.

LOL! No, thank heavens! Just tired of his valley speak and hope someone can train it out of him! But football fundamentals are obviously more important, so if he wins a Super Bowl he can...for sure...like...say...uhm...whatever...no question!

Edit: Crabtree may give the most tortured interviews on the team. Which cracks me up because the niners are a very sharp team and most sound like they are just playing football until their acceptance letters from Oxford or Cambridge reach them. Not a sign of limited intelligence, just totally uncomfortable in front of a mic.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 11, 2012 at 8:54 AM ]
?

LOL! No, thank heavens! Just tired of his valley speak and hope someone can train it out of him! But football fundamentals are obviously more important, so if he wins a Super Bowl he can...for sure...like...say...uhm...whatever...no question!

LOL back! Forgot about the "for sure" one. Yeah, I get you... not the best interview, no question.
Crabs is wishing Smith a speedy recovery...
Originally posted by sacniner:

if alex kept playing he wouldve had a monsterous game

both of them are on fire now
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Nov 11, 2012 at 6:10 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by sacniner:

if alex kept playing he wouldve had a monsterous game

both of them are on fire now

I know VD not getting the ball is sh**ty but right now it is amazing to have Crabs destroying defenses because when they start doubling him(and even then I think he is good enough now that he will get open no matter what) Smith will be able to go back to VD or lean on Manningham at that point.

Crabs should have a good game against the bears next week with their CBs being on the smaller side and most of their INTs are of the opportunistic variety: receivers falling down, tipped balls, etc. With Crabs hands and crazy juke that he's got now I think he'll find ways to get open.

By the way I think we could put Crabtree in a Texas Tech uniform again because he looks like he did in those insane youtube videos.
[ Edited by sfout on Nov 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone