There are 263 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've studied this thing backwards, fowards, sideways and diagonally.

The only thing I can tell so far is that nobody doubts Crabs abilities. He is a proven WR and has stepped up big in games we need him to.
The question mark on him is going to be answered this season, if he has 100rec, 1200+ yards, 10tds season everybody will forget every injury he has had and deem him worthy of the big payday.
Where things wil get interesting is if Crabs has a mediocre season or misses a couple games.

Heres to hoping Crabs becomes that francise WR we all know he can be
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I've studied this thing backwards, fowards, sideways and diagonally.

The only thing I can tell so far is that nobody doubts Crabs abilities. He is a proven WR and has stepped up big in games we need him to.
The question mark on him is going to be answered this season, if he has 100rec, 1200+ yards, 10tds season everybody will forget every injury he has had and deem him worthy of the big payday.
Where things wil get interesting is if Crabs has a mediocre season or misses a couple games.

Heres to hoping Crabs becomes that francise WR we all know he can be
Coming back from injury...he did provide Kaep with a lot of help. Some players can't even do that off an injury
Trading King Crabs for Andre Johnson would be so clutch right now. Makes since for both teams. Crabs is a Texas guy and probably resigns with them. AJ wants out and to play for a contender. Would give the offense a great vertical threat and much more explosive potential.
[ Edited by kgizzle4081 on Jul 10, 2014 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by kgizzle4081:
Trading King Crabs for Andre Johnson would be so clutch right now. Makes since for both teams. Crabs is a Texas guy and probably resigns with them. AJ wants out and to play for a contender. Would give the offense a great vertical threat and much more explosive potential.

Not sure if serious?

Lol

I would want Crabtree over Johnson based on age and his rapport with Kap. I think we resign Crab mostly because our franchise QB wants him and structured his contract in a way where we can make it happen.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

terrible idea. trade 26 year old Crabtree for almost 33 year old AJ. and AJ's contract is huge going into the '15 and '16 seasons.
  • Phil
  • Veteran

Andre? Cleveland or New England. Heck, if the Rams or Carolina could afford him they'd be interested. If there was serious friction between Crabs and the FO I would entertain this thought but at this point I think they're going to do what they can to keep him. Make an offer based on his history and this seasons performance. I personally think Crabs will test the FA market and take a huge deal if one is offered. People only have one life and for a lot of us money is very important- Crabs has shown that he wants the money. If you had a chance to make millions more by changing the company you work for what would you do? I'd follow the money unless there wasn't a huge difference in offers made.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Don´t want another AJ near our team ever again !
Originally posted by boast:

terrible idea. trade 26 year old Crabtree for almost 33 year old AJ. and AJ's contract is huge going into the '15 and '16 seasons.

Are the Niners really going to be able to afford to keep Crabs though with Aldon needing to be resigned too? Niners can't afford to keep everyone.Crabs can get more elsewhere which is why I think he's gone after this season. Niners have some young WR prospects such as Patton and Ellington. I think for this season AJ is an upgrade to Crabs and Niners are in win it all now mode.
[ Edited by kgizzle4081 on Jul 10, 2014 at 10:44 AM ]

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Are the Niners really going to be able to afford to keep Crabs though with Aldon needing to be resigned too? Niners can't afford to keep everyone.Crabs can get more elsewhere which is why I think he's gone after this season. Niners have some young WR prospects such as Patton and Ellington. I think for this season AJ is an upgrade to Crabs and Niners are in win it all now mode.

Andre Johnson Contract
2014 Cap Hit 14,644,583 .....Dead Money If Cut 11,964,166
2015 Cap Hit 16,144,583. ....Dead Money If Cut 7,319,583
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/andre-johnson/

I dont expect Crabtree to get those kind of numbers.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM ]
Vet or NOT no time to teach a old dog new tricks, sure Johnson would be a great addition to any team but our team is built to win RIGHT now & having a healthy experience receiver like Crabtree that knows the offense is critical to our success this year. 2 years ago when we picked up Moss i would of approved on that deal but not this yr contract year or not Crabs is a Niner for 2014

No that's a stupid idea, trade Crabs for Josh Gordon, that guy is amazing!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

No that's a stupid idea, trade Crabs for Josh Gordon, that guy is amazing!
if i was forced to trade someone for Crabs...Boldin...

Crabs is still young
Michael Crabtree ‏@KingCrab15 7m I want to tweet something gangsta, but I'll keep it PG13
Share 49ersWebzone