LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
That was a nice statement game for Crabtree. Opponents will perhaps have to consider sending some extra attention his way. We have been praying for such a WR, and now, we seem to have two (Moss) that teams have to consider keeping extra attention on.. plus VD, obviously.

Not trying to get too excited... but this was what I was hoping for from the 2nd half of our season. ( that our offense would continue to evolve and improve )

If it truly has? We could be steamrolling our way through the playoffs.

when i see crabtree running with the ball ala jerry rice/john taylor style..i get all teary eyed
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

.be
Looking forward to a BIG second half of the season. Im thinking 50 catches, 750 yds, 5 tds for the remainder of the season.

total of 89 catches, 1190 yds, 8 tds
4-5 catches a game is good for us. The most any WR has caught is only 7. So I don't expect too many more catches a game BUT I do expect him to continue to work harder getting open, excel at RAC and add 3-5 more TD's. So when it's all said and done, I'm guess he'll be around 900 on 80 catches and 7 TD's. A little better each year with the arrow pointing up. The attention Moss and VD get has really helped him. He just has to be patient, realistic within OUR offense and make the most of his opportunities.
Yeah, I think after that last game, Crabtree is gonna be super hungry for lots of action. I hope we can get him what he wants.. but ultimately, I prefer we go to whichever weapon the opposing coverage leaves more open. I can't be worried about individual stat goals... just move the ball, score points, and WIN.
Let's see, on average--four targets for Crabtree, three for Moss and Manningham, two for KW, four for VD, two for Walker, three for Gore, one for Miller, and one for Ginn...oops--2 for Hunter...25 completions at 11.44 per completion is 286 yards times 70% = 200 yards per game...about right.

Looking at the few number of passes Smith throws each game, and the fact that he is second in completion percentage to P Manning, really points out how efficient this offense is. Little room for error and if the defense struggles then the offense will need to step up as has been mentioned.

Would Crabtree be content with four targets per game for his career? Somehow I don't see WRs loving this offense but then he needs to make the most of his opportunities, as he has done a few times this year, to force more targets his way. He and VD should be best friends as they help to open the field for each other.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 9, 2012 at 7:07 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Let's see, on average--four targets for Crabtree, three for Moss and Manningham, two for KW, four for VD, two for Walker, three for Gore, one for Miller, and one for Ginn...oops--2 for Hunter...25 completions at 11.44 per completion is 286 yards times 70% = 200 yards per game...about right.

Looking at the few number of passes Smith throws each game, and the fact that he is second in completion percentage to P Manning, really points out how efficient this offense is. Little room for error and if the defense struggles then the offense will need to step up as has been mentioned.

Would Crabtree be content with four targets per game for his career? Somehow I don't see WRs loving this offense but then he needs to make the most of his opportunities, as he has done a few times this year, to force more targets his way. He and VD should be best friends as they help to open the field for each other.

I can easily see both Crabs and VD getting very frustrated with the amount of looks these guys get a game unless things change. It could become an issue
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I can easily see both Crabs and VD getting very frustrated with the amount of looks these guys get a game unless things change. It could become an issue

crabtree is slowly becoming better and better

VD is just getting an insane amount of attention on the field as crabtree gets better things will open up for VD

manningham is an average WR at best and has a good role those 3 will be our core guys

i agree that crabtree does not see enough targets atm however his rle is evolving in this offense

i think it was montana who said(when harbaugh came in) that the 3rd year is when the offense typically evolves around the strength of the players and harbaugh an offensive genius i can definitely see that happening

If they get frustrated then they can go play for the Panthers, Cardinals, Dolphins, etc... while we are winning #6 and beyond.

^ these guys will smile and tolerate the lower numbers... but if we get on a stretch of losing games, that could change. Not gonna worry until there's something to worry about.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I just want to see it consistently and against some of the better teams in the NFL..

This.

Having said that, what we saw in Arizona is better than nothing.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I just want to see it consistently and against some of the better teams in the NFL..

This.

Having said that, what we saw in Arizona is better than nothing.
cmon

arizona as one of the best defenses in nfl when it comes to pass offense
Originally posted by notsoempty86:

If they get frustrated then they can go play for the Panthers, Cardinals, Dolphins, etc... while we are winning #6 and beyond.

Originally posted by notsoempty86:

If they were to leave there would be no #6

Hopefully we keep winning so they stay happy but like someone said a losing streak could smell trouble.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

crabtree is slowly becoming better and better

VD is just getting an insane amount of attention on the field as crabtree gets better things will open up for VD

manningham is an average WR at best and has a good role those 3 will be our core guys

i agree that crabtree does not see enough targets atm however his rle is evolving in this offense

i think it was montana who said(when harbaugh came in) that the 3rd year is when the offense typically evolves around the strength of the players and harbaugh an offensive genius i can definitely see that happening

I hope our offense starts to pick it up when it comes to giving these guys more looks and desiging better routes to help break VD lose. I really don't want to see Crabs or VD want out due to lack of touches. Both of those guys can flat out ball when the the have the ball in there hands.
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Nov 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone