There are 173 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
seriously, the redskins and teams like them f**k up the market for everyone every year. even if crabs was trying to give a friendly contract, he knows hes lightyears better than morgan and morgan got 8mill so why should he undercut himself from a business standpoint?

Well the Desean Jackson deal at 3 years $27 million/$16 million guaranteed and the Brandon Marshall 3 year $30 million/$22.3 million guaranteed should be a great estimate of where Crabtree will land as far as his annual average. I have estimated about $9.5 million per over 4 years and about $ 6.5 million per guaranteed. I am thinking $38 million/$26 million guaranteed.

LOL! Now you know its the off season. I'm steady estimating and speculating!

10 mill for a receiver sounds crazy but thats todays nfl i think. the cap keeps going up so i guess its to be expected. im fine with it either way. id like to keep crabtree, but if we cant its not the end of the world. im sure baalke can make a trade for vet like he has been the last few years. the strategy is actually pretty solid. why take the risk on burning a high draft pick when u can get one of the established studs who are going to be hard for their teams to resign in a late round pick trade for a few seasons?
10 mill for a receiver sounds crazy but thats todays nfl i think. the cap keeps going up so i guess its to be expected. im fine with it either way. id like to keep crabtree, but if we cant its not the end of the world. im sure baalke can make a trade for vet like he has been the last few years. the strategy is actually pretty solid. why take the risk on burning a high draft pick when u can get one of the established studs who are going to be hard for their teams to resign in a late round pick trade for a few seasons?

Yes. Very smart!
Was going to get a Crabtree Jersey, but figured he might be gone next year. Got 85 Davis instead.

Yes. Very smart!

hopefully some top notch receivers start b***hing about trades next year lol. andre johnson for a year or two would be badass, hes always been one of my favorite players. or that b*****d larry fitz finally getting tired of arizona
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Wow. Eugene Parker really screwed Crabtree out of a lot of money. If he didn't hold him out as a rookie, he would have been a free agent this year, and he would have commanded a lot. Now we are deep at WR, and Crabtree is staring at a large pool of WR free agents.

For some reason Eugene Parker remains his agent, despite all of this.

Crabtree was signed to a decent deal from the start.

10/7/2009: Signed a six-year, $32 million contract. The deal contains $17 million guaranteed. Another $8 million is available through incentives.

The contract can void to five years based on "unlikely to be earned" Pro Bowl and playing-time triggers.

Per one clause in the deal, $15 million of Crabtree's available escalators is contingent on him participating in at least 90% of annual offseason workouts.

2014: $3.5 million, 2015: Free Agent

He's not filthy rich, but I'm sure he's living comfortably and soon, he'll get a raise!
[ Edited by doc_brown_ on Jun 5, 2014 at 10:50 PM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Taco:
care to mention a few of the notables?

reggie wayne, roddy white, hakeem nicks, wes welker, jordy nelson, randall cobb, nate Washington, dez Bryant, demarius Thomas

not attaching any name to the 49ers but those are a few wr contracts expiring after the season. Jordy Nelson is currently in negotiations with gb. but those are probably some of the top names on the list.
http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=WR&Year=2015

Wow. Eugene Parker really screwed Crabtree out of a lot of money. If he didn't hold him out as a rookie, he would have been a free agent this year, and he would have commanded a lot. Now we are deep at WR, and Crabtree is staring at a large pool of WR free agents.

For some reason Eugene Parker remains his agent, despite all of this.

I don't know if there would've been a huge market for a receiver with multiple foot and achilles injuries, who has only had 1 1,000 yard season in 5 years. After this season he'll probably be worth more though assuming he and Kaep both stay healthy. It's not like 5/$32 mil is chump change. That's probably more than he's been worth so far, but the arrow is hopefully still pointing up.
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:
Was going to get a Crabtree Jersey, but figured he might be gone next year. Got 85 Davis instead.

Good for an extra year...maybe
The was webzone podcast brought up an interesting point. If Crabtree wants a deal that tops his classmate Percy Harvin we are screwed because we aint paying that
Originally posted by Taco:
reggie wayne, roddy white, hakeem nicks, wes welker, jordy nelson, randall cobb, nate Washington, dez Bryant, demarius Thomas

not attaching any name to the 49ers but those are a few wr contracts expiring after the season. Jordy Nelson is currently in negotiations with gb. but those are probably some of the top names on the list.
http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=WR&Year=2015

Im partial to White and Cobb both cause major problems for us every time we play them
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:

Good for an extra year...maybe

Kap, Willis, Bowman are probably the only 3 I'd be comfortable with as far as being with the team for the next 3-4 years at this point. Maybe add Staley and Reid. Alot of guys have expiring contracts after this season and just never know. I just hope they stay with the team.

Originally posted by Baldie:
Kap, Willis, Bowman are probably the only 3 I'd be comfortable with as far as being with the team for the next 3-4 years at this point. Maybe add Staley and Reid. Alot of guys have expiring contracts after this season and just never know. I just hope they stay with the team.
Aldon smith!

Yes. Very smart!

Not a fan of always trading for a WR, the point of drafting one is he will be cheap for 4-5 years and we don't have to invest a bunch of cash into a player that didn't start with our team...that being said Q and Johnson well be studs this yr lol
Stating the obvious: For an extension, Niners and Crabtree both have to agree, now to a contract.

I suspect one side or the other finds it advantageous to negotiate after the season.

• Crabtree could hope to buoy his stats, this year commanding more money than now.
  • Niners with additional weapons, may want the season to playout, that they control to a degree the number of touches he will receive. Lower his numbers are the easier it will be to sign.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Stating the obvious: For an extension, Niners and Crabtree both have to agree, now to a contract.

I suspect one side or the other finds it advantageous to negotiate after the season.

• Crabtree could hope to buoy his stats, this year commanding more money than now.
  • Niners with additional weapons, may want the season to playout, that they control to a degree the number of touches he will receive. Lower his numbers are the easier it will be to sign.

If the coaching staff reduces Crabtree's targets/touches in an effort to affect his contractual possibilities, every member of the coaching staff that participated in that should be fired.
Originally posted by OldJoe:

I think that's a stretch. The 49ers are not going to jeopardize winning games by limiting Crabs' touches. That would not make sense to prioritize contract manipulation over winning.
Share 49ersWebzone