LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gimmie Crab over Iupati 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Never did understand how you can draft a Guard in the 1st round?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Gimmie Crab over Iupati 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Never did understand how you can draft a Guard in the 1st round?

take a look at a guard like steve hutchinson. in his prime, he was absolutely dominant and one of the best lineman in the league, let alone just a guard. the vikings wanted him so badly they put a poison pill in their offer so the seahawks couldn't match.

an ok guard can be found just about anywhere, but a probowl guard like hutch and larry allen and guys like that are difficult to find and can change the game. i don't think iupati is on that level. i wouldn't be too bummed if he left but i would like to keep him at the right price.

still, if its iupati vs. crabtree there is no competition. you pay crabtree. i don't trust our team to draft a good WR anytime soon
Originally posted by frenchmov:

take a look at a guard like steve hutchinson. in his prime, he was absolutely dominant and one of the best lineman in the league, let alone just a guard. the vikings wanted him so badly they put a poison pill in their offer so the seahawks couldn't match.

an ok guard can be found just about anywhere, but a probowl guard like hutch and larry allen and guys like that are difficult to find and can change the game. i don't think iupati is on that level. i wouldn't be too bummed if he left but i would like to keep him at the right price.

still, if its iupati vs. crabtree there is no competition. you pay crabtree. i don't trust our team to draft a good WR anytime soon

this but i still hope we try to draft a couple in this draft and patton can still develop, he was a stud in college.
I tend to think we keep neither, Carp or Iupati.
[ Edited by joshuatree on Mar 26, 2014 at 8:39 PM ]
Originally posted by joshuatree:
I tend to think we keep neither, Carp or Iupati.

i wouldnt be mad if we dont with replacements on the roster this year after the draft. we would for sure get two 3rd round picks for these dudes when the compensatory picks get handed out
Crabtree needs to stay, especially since Boldin is near the end of his career. Let Iupati walk.

This. I'd take Crabtree over him any day. Iupati is boss but we can replace him easier than Crabtree. He breathes life into the offense and brings swag.
Id like to keep crabs too but not if hes gonna break our teams budget in half. the salary cap hell years were so miserable to watch. i really hope we get some rookies in here that actually develop under boldin and crabs this year so we have some insurance. patton should be ready this year too
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
This. I'd take Crabtree over him any day. Iupati is boss but we can replace him easier than Crabtree. He breathes life into the offense and brings swag.

Probably why he'll demand too much money
[ Edited by joshuatree on Mar 26, 2014 at 8:57 PM ]

Probably why he'll demand too much money

He will deserve to get paid IMO as will most of the players that we will try and resign.

He will deserve to get paid IMO as will most of the players that we will try and resign.

Of course they all deserve it if someone is willing to pay it. But Crabtree looks like the next Santonio Holmes to me
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Of course they all deserve it if someone is willing to pay it. But Crabtree looks like the next Santonio Holmes to me

no.

lol no. just no no no
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Crabtree is all but gone next year. Him and his agent are going to ask for the moon.
Care to elaborate? Sounds like you are talking crazy to me.
Share 49ersWebzone