LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It all comes down to 2014 NFL Draft. If we draft and develop realistic options, then Crabtree walks and Boldin retires. If we are still unable to, then we overpay for Crabtree.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joshuatree:
It all comes down to 2014 NFL Draft. If we draft and develop realistic options, then Crabtree walks and Boldin retires. If we are still unable to, then we overpay for Crabtree.

haha.. we are not going to over pay for crabtree or for anyone. do you not know how this team works? no exceptions
Originally posted by Disp:
There's no way you can call Crabtree a top 10 WR at this point. In his single season over 1000 yards, he had the 14'th highest total in the league. Sure we don't pass the ball as much as a lot of those other teams, but in this offense I don't see how you could justify giving him that kind of dough. I don't think our passing game struggled so much because we didn't have Crabtree. I think it moreso struggled because because we had Kyle Williams and Jon Baldwin opposite Boldin. We probably would've been just fine if Manningham or Patton were healthy last year and able to contribute 600-800 yards.

actually you can. his 1000 yard season wasnt going to be one until the qb change, and then he took off and was a top 10 wr from that point on up until the super bowl. sadly for him he got hurt in the offseason and that hampered his 2013 season obviously. give him 16 games with kaepernick at his usual per game production with kaep and its top 10 wr numbers.
Originally posted by cciowa:
haha.. we are not going to over pay for crabtree or for anyone. do you not know how this team works? no exceptions

I hope so, but WR is the one position the coaching staff has been unable to draft or develop.
Originally posted by crabman82:
actually you can. his 1000 yard season wasnt going to be one until the qb change, and then he took off and was a top 10 wr from that point on up until the super bowl. sadly for him he got hurt in the offseason and that hampered his 2013 season obviously. give him 16 games with kaepernick at his usual per game production with kaep and its top 10 wr numbers.

I believe from the time kap took over as qb in '12 Julio jones was the only WR with more yards than crab. I want to say crab had like 750+ yards in the final 8 games of '12. IMO had crab been healthy last year he would have been in that 90-100 catch, 1400+ yards and 10+ tds type season. Those numbers would put him easily in the top 10.
Can't overpay for crabs. I think he walks.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I agree... plus Iupati... that's why you need to keep up drafting
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I agree... plus Iupati... that's why you need to keep up drafting

Yeah that damn jenkins pick stings badly right now

Who took most the blame for that?
Originally posted by joshuatree:

Who took most the blame for that?

Ultimately the responsibility falls on Baalke. He's done a great job, but we need much better young talent at WR. Hopefully Patton amounts to something.

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
There's no way you can call Crabtree a top 10 WR at this point. In his single season over 1000 yards, he had the 14'th highest total in the league. Sure we don't pass the ball as much as a lot of those other teams, but in this offense I don't see how you could justify giving him that kind of dough. I don't think our passing game struggled so much because we didn't have Crabtree. I think it moreso struggled because because we had Kyle Williams and Jon Baldwin opposite Boldin. We probably would've been just fine if Manningham or Patton were healthy last year and able to contribute 600-800 yards.

So half a season's production makes him a top 10 receiver? I said you can't call him a top 10 WR at this point, and nothing you said changes that.
So half a season's production makes him a top 10 receiver? I said you can't call him a top 10 WR at this point, and nothing you said changes that.
Crabtree will make his case in 2014!
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Sure hope so
Pay the man, he made our offense look like a completely different Offense when he was on the field. He may be expensive, but I would prefer him over Iupati.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Crabtree will make his case in 2014!
this is the bottom line
Share 49ersWebzone