There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Originally posted by crabman82:
it just sucks because a week earlier everyone saw him go way up for that catch in carolina. now this is not an identical play, but when you seen him go up like that a week prior, its frustrating.

It's a totally different play. That was more of an inside route where the DB was on his outside. Kap fired it on a line drive and Crabs jumped up and grabbed it. Here it was a go route to the outside where he is expecting a fade to the back of the end zone. I think maybe he could have still tried to adjust and fight for the ball. If nothing else, then he at least prevents the INT. But just to be fair, this route is a totally different route from the one in Carolina where he made the big catch.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
it just sucks because a week earlier everyone saw him go way up for that catch in carolina. now this is not an identical play, but when you seen him go up like that a week prior, its frustrating.

It's a totally different play. That was more of an inside route where the DB was on his outside. Kap fired it on a line drive and Crabs jumped up and grabbed it. Here it was a go route to the outside where he is expecting a fade to the back of the end zone. I think maybe he could have still tried to adjust and fight for the ball. If nothing else, then he at least prevents the INT. But just to be fair, this route is a totally different route from the one in Carolina where he made the big catch.

yeah i hear you, that was part of me saying now this is not an identical play.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
sherman will have another very good year next year and then hit FA to make huge money like nnamdi did and then disappear. outside of the seahawks scheme where holding is the main objective, he wont thrive.

I hope he bombs out next year and misses the pay day.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
sherman will have another very good year next year and then hit FA to make huge money like nnamdi did and then disappear. outside of the seahawks scheme where holding is the main objective, he wont thrive.

I hope he bombs out next year and misses the pay day.

if hes in seattle hes immune to PI penalties because the league lets them get away with that s**t. im convinced. they hand picked refs that woudnt call that s**t on them... i hope manning torches his ass and his confidence is blown to s**t from now on
Anyone think Michael Crabtree will hit the free agent market? I don't know how things are progressing with Mike Iupati, but it's not often that Trent Baalke lets guys he wants to keep enter contract years. The guy is a gamer and I think can be a consistent, 80-100 + catch a year guy. Perhaps he wants to get deals done for Colin Kaepernick and Aldon Smith first. He also could be looking to see how the receivers we draft in 2014 (hopefully 2 or 3) along with Quinton Patton progress next season.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Feb 6, 2014 at 7:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
crabtree would beat sherman 9 out of 10 times

But not on that route/play.

Crabs doesn't have the speed to out run Sherman on a go route. Give him any other route and he can get free on Sherman. This is all assuming of course that Sherman isn't holding the whole time.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Crabs doesn't have the speed to out run Sherman on a go route. Give him any other route and he can get free on Sherman. This is all assuming of course that Sherman isn't holding the whole time.

I am not sure Crab was 100% healthy that game either but at any rate he will be next season and then we will see whats up when he faces Sherman next season! I love that fact that Kap feels that he can test these guys! #neverscared
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I am not sure Crab was 100% healthy that game either but at any rate he will be next season and then we will see whats up when he faces Sherman next season! I love that fact that Kap feels that he can test these guys! #neverscared

Me too, I dig Kaps confidence.
Crabtree is going to s**t on Sherman next year. Dude wasn't even 100% yet. I think he was playing at like 80-90%. He looked much faster in 2012 then he did coming back in 2013.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Me too, I dig Kaps confidence.

Is that confidence? Or being stubborn? Crabtree wasn't open. Kap said he knew where he was going with the football before it was snapped. Just because Crabtree was 1 on 1 with Sherman, doesn't mean that Kap should have thrown it.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Crabtree is going to s**t on Sherman next year. Dude wasn't even 100% yet. I think he was playing at like 80-90%. He looked much faster in 2012 then he did coming back in 2013.

Crabtree hasnt s**tted on Sherman ever, even when he was 100%. Crabtree is a very good receiver but Sherman is a better corner than crabtree is receiver. I hate Sherman as much as the next person but we just have to look at the facts.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
My boy is gonna go off in 2014. Book it. Oh, and he'll prolly get a new deal by his 27th birthday.
Originally posted by xela510:

Crabtree hasnt s**tted on Sherman ever, even when he was 100%. Crabtree is a very good receiver but Sherman is a better corner than crabtree is receiver. I hate Sherman as much as the next person but we just have to look at the facts.

There is a gif floating around that proves your statement false. Crabtree was drafted top ten for a reason, Sherman was drafted where he was for a reason. A good throw by Kap in the NFCC game and Crabtree pulls it down. Crabtree can hold his own with anyone. If Sherman is so much better, why did he have to grab and hold Crabs?
Originally posted by xela510:

There is a gif floating around that proves your statement false. Crabtree was drafted top ten for a reason, Sherman was drafted where he was for a reason. A good throw by Kap in the NFCC game and Crabtree pulls it down. Crabtree can hold his own with anyone. If Sherman is so much better, why did he have to grab and hold Crabs?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I agree. Sherman is a great corner in Pete system but we get the one on one next year crab will own him. Crab is just bigger stronger and more physical than Sherman. We will see next season. That throw and catch was just poorly executed. I just hope that Crab uses this slight as added fuel next season. I didn't like the throw in the situation but I understand why the decision was made. Sherman just stood up and made the great play
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 7, 2014 at 6:10 AM ]