There are 158 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone think Michael Crabtree will hit the free agent market? I don't know how things are progressing with Mike Iupati, but it's not often that Trent Baalke lets guys he wants to keep enter contract years. The guy is a gamer and I think can be a consistent, 80-100 + catch a year guy. Perhaps he wants to get deals done for Colin Kaepernick and Aldon Smith first. He also could be looking to see how the receivers we draft in 2014 (hopefully 2 or 3) along with Quinton Patton progress next season.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Feb 6, 2014 at 7:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
crabtree would beat sherman 9 out of 10 times

But not on that route/play.

Crabs doesn't have the speed to out run Sherman on a go route. Give him any other route and he can get free on Sherman. This is all assuming of course that Sherman isn't holding the whole time.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Crabs doesn't have the speed to out run Sherman on a go route. Give him any other route and he can get free on Sherman. This is all assuming of course that Sherman isn't holding the whole time.

I am not sure Crab was 100% healthy that game either but at any rate he will be next season and then we will see whats up when he faces Sherman next season! I love that fact that Kap feels that he can test these guys! #neverscared
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I am not sure Crab was 100% healthy that game either but at any rate he will be next season and then we will see whats up when he faces Sherman next season! I love that fact that Kap feels that he can test these guys! #neverscared

Me too, I dig Kaps confidence.
Crabtree is going to s**t on Sherman next year. Dude wasn't even 100% yet. I think he was playing at like 80-90%. He looked much faster in 2012 then he did coming back in 2013.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Me too, I dig Kaps confidence.

Is that confidence? Or being stubborn? Crabtree wasn't open. Kap said he knew where he was going with the football before it was snapped. Just because Crabtree was 1 on 1 with Sherman, doesn't mean that Kap should have thrown it.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Crabtree is going to s**t on Sherman next year. Dude wasn't even 100% yet. I think he was playing at like 80-90%. He looked much faster in 2012 then he did coming back in 2013.

Crabtree hasnt s**tted on Sherman ever, even when he was 100%. Crabtree is a very good receiver but Sherman is a better corner than crabtree is receiver. I hate Sherman as much as the next person but we just have to look at the facts.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
My boy is gonna go off in 2014. Book it. Oh, and he'll prolly get a new deal by his 27th birthday.
Originally posted by xela510:

Crabtree hasnt s**tted on Sherman ever, even when he was 100%. Crabtree is a very good receiver but Sherman is a better corner than crabtree is receiver. I hate Sherman as much as the next person but we just have to look at the facts.

There is a gif floating around that proves your statement false. Crabtree was drafted top ten for a reason, Sherman was drafted where he was for a reason. A good throw by Kap in the NFCC game and Crabtree pulls it down. Crabtree can hold his own with anyone. If Sherman is so much better, why did he have to grab and hold Crabs?
Originally posted by xela510:

There is a gif floating around that proves your statement false. Crabtree was drafted top ten for a reason, Sherman was drafted where he was for a reason. A good throw by Kap in the NFCC game and Crabtree pulls it down. Crabtree can hold his own with anyone. If Sherman is so much better, why did he have to grab and hold Crabs?

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I agree. Sherman is a great corner in Pete system but we get the one on one next year crab will own him. Crab is just bigger stronger and more physical than Sherman. We will see next season. That throw and catch was just poorly executed. I just hope that Crab uses this slight as added fuel next season. I didn't like the throw in the situation but I understand why the decision was made. Sherman just stood up and made the great play
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 7, 2014 at 6:10 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if hes in seattle hes immune to PI penalties because the league lets them get away with that s**t. im convinced. they hand picked refs that woudnt call that s**t on them... i hope manning torches his ass and his confidence is blown to s**t from now on

LOL, that didn't work out so well for you.
*Random thought.

Most of the other players from Crabs draft class are up for FA and many are now on new teams. Its nice the 49ers have crabtree for another year and his holdout doesn't seem like such a bad thing.
I'll be surprised if they find a way to keep him after this year. He just seems like he'll bolt for the best paycheck to me. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm glad this draft is heavy with receivers.
The question about his future may be answered in the upcoming draft...if Baalke grabs a couple good WR's, that could be the handwriting on the wall. Kap re-signing is #1...MC will be #2 unless his agent pulls a stunt that Baalke won't tolerate.
Share 49ersWebzone