There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
I thought Crabtree could have went to the highest point to make that catch instead of waiting for it to land in his hands. My solution like the catch on 1:48

Yeah, nobody has even mentioned that Crabtree kind of pulled a Vernon Davis on that play. That photo of Sherman tipping the ball shows Crabtree awaiting the ball, not going up for it. Obviously in those split seconds its hard to know exactly the best way to play the ball, but you should have to be able to adjust to the ball and contest Sherman.

These are the little things that we can fix this off season with Kap as starter and a healthy trio of WRs to work with in Q QP and Crabtree. God forbid any Achilles mishaps or freak injury. Keep in mind Crabtree is stint coming back from injury as well
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Not sure if anybody has questioned it but what is everybody's opinion.

Did Kaepernick put too much air under the ball? Not enough air? Could he have line drived it in to Crabtree? Because despite his post game quotes about saying "If I had thrown it a bit further it is a TD" that sounds pretty ambiguous in terms of the type of throw. But I dunno.....
Originally posted by sfout:
Not sure if anybody has questioned it but what is everybody's opinion.

Did Kaepernick put too much air under the ball? Not enough air? Could he have line drived it in to Crabtree? Because despite his post game quotes about saying "If I had thrown it a bit further it is a TD" that sounds pretty ambiguous in terms of the type of throw. But I dunno.....

Well played by Sherman from the start of that route to the end. Crabtree couldn't get a step on Sherman. Should have gone elsewhere or just throw it away.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 23, 2014 at 8:27 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
I thought Crabtree could have went to the highest point to make that catch instead of waiting for it to land in his hands. My solution like the catch on 1:48

Yeah, nobody has even mentioned that Crabtree kind of pulled a Vernon Davis on that play. That photo of Sherman tipping the ball shows Crabtree awaiting the ball, not going up for it. Obviously in those split seconds its hard to know exactly the best way to play the ball, but you should have to be able to adjust to the ball and contest Sherman.

These are the little things that we can fix this off season with Kap as starter and a healthy trio of WRs to work with in Q QP and Crabtree. God forbid any Achilles mishaps or freak injury. Keep in mind Crabtree is stint coming back from injury as well

it just sucks because a week earlier everyone saw him go way up for that catch in carolina. now this is not an identical play, but when you seen him go up like that a week prior, its frustrating.
See if his contract next year is reasonable if not put him on the trade market this year for Atleast a 2nd rounder .
I don't think Crabs is a good enough athlete to be catching fade routes in the endzone like a Julio, Aj Green or Megatron. That's never been his game in college or the pro's. How many times have we seen him catch jump balls over defenders? Not many, It was a bad idea from the jump
Originally posted by lamontb:
I don't think Crabs is a good enough athlete to be catching fade routes in the endzone like a Julio, Aj Green or Megatron. That's never been his game in college or the pro's. How many times have we seen him catch jump balls over defenders? Not many, It was a bad idea from the jump

he is much better at the flatter type of fade throws then the big looping rainbow ones. the one he caught vs patrick peterson in arizona last season from alex smith comes to mind.
Simple get Kap out the pocket and let him throw on the run or keep. Don't throw the fade on Sherman
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
crabtree would beat sherman 9 out of 10 times

But not on that route/play.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by boast:
this is far more likely seeing how Crabtree doesn't have that kind of personality

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/source_actually_richard_sherman_tried_to_fight_michael_crabtree_at_charity_event.html

Of course. Crabtree has never had a beef with anyone. He minds his own business and prepares to play.

Sherman on the other hand has had beefs with Crabtree, Revis, Joe Haden, Roddy White, Skip Bayless, Trent Williams, Harbaugh, and on, and on, and on.

This dude is just a troublemaker. Always looking for an altercation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/did-richard-sherman-michael-crabtree-now-know-thanks-160656745--nfl.html

Interesting video..makes Crabtree look like the poor sport and Sherman like a good guy. Gotta wonder if that little shove was why Sherman said what he said?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
this is far more likely seeing how Crabtree doesn't have that kind of personality

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/source_actually_richard_sherman_tried_to_fight_michael_crabtree_at_charity_event.html

Of course. Crabtree has never had a beef with anyone. He minds his own business and prepares to play.

Sherman on the other hand has had beefs with Crabtree, Revis, Joe Haden, Roddy White, Skip Bayless, Trent Williams, Harbaugh, and on, and on, and on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/did-richard-sherman-michael-crabtree-now-know-thanks-160656745--nfl.html

Interesting video..makes Crabtree look like the poor sport and Sherman like a good guy. Gotta wonder if that little shove was why Sherman said what he said?

Stop being stupid. He's passive aggressive, narcissistic, egomaniac, insecurity complex. He runs up slaps Crabtree in the rear. gets in his grill and starts talking trash. I would punch him and you would too. After the choke neck symbol too. He's a thug. Stop making excuses for him. He talks all day long and and irritates people until they want to take a swing at him. He knows exactly what he is doing. Then it's poor little me. I'm just a great sport and everybody hates me.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Stop being stupid. He's passive aggressive, narcissistic, egomaniac, insecurity complex. He runs up slaps Crabtree in the rear. gets in his grill and starts talking trash. I would punch him and you would too. After the choke neck symbol too. He's a thug. Stop making excuses for him. He talks all day long and and irritates people until they want to take a swing at him. He knows exactly what he is doing. Then it's poor little me. I'm just a great sport and everybody hates me.

Yea. There's a reason many people in the league wanna take a swing at him. Just because you can talk doesn't mean you should.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Sherman ain't a "thug". Dude is an attention whore and a douche. A real thug will get his hands dirty whereas Sherman is just a mouthy antagonist that happens to be a great player in Pete's scheme in this league. Sherman is an insecure wannabe premier crossover athlete and these next 2 weeks he will get his wish but real bros know that when it comes to scrapping Sherman is going to fall back for protection. He will have his hands in his pockets when its time to scrap. Just look at the incidents with Trent and Crab. Amongst the bros this is exactly why Crab said that he (Sherman) is a TV guy and that Sherman knows what time it is. The players know what type of dude Sherman is and they appreciate that he is trying to get paid and get the spotlight but there is little to no respect for him as a man. Now Lynch would be thugging for real if not for football but Sherman would be at a desk job. He ain't ready for combat. He just talks a good game and knows that on the field he is protected by the NFL and his teammates but he ain't reached nobody quite like Ray Lewis did except maybe the impressionable young rookies or something. Don't make me laugh calling Sherman a thug. A "punk" and a great player is more like it. Now I am not advocating for thuggery nor am I trying to say that it is admirable but what I am saying is that don't talk like one if you can't be one, especially for show. And he is intelligent enough and well spoken but just because he graduated Stanford with a degree that I could obtain with one eye closed doesn't mean that I should worship him as some in the media would have me believe. For one, i know my education was much harder to obtain than his was being that it is math and science related. The second reason I can't respect him is that I can't stand a man that mouths off like a tough guy for show but behind closed doors is a coward. I do however respect him as both a great player and an entertainer
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 24, 2014 at 1:59 PM ]
sherman will have another very good year next year and then hit FA to make huge money like nnamdi did and then disappear. outside of the seahawks scheme where holding is the main objective, he wont thrive.
f**k Sherman, but Crabtrees double move was too soft