There are 213 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
source:crabtree's brother reports that Sherman has a vagina and was afraid to fight crabs
I love crabtree but I wish he would have fought for that ball in the endzone. A P.I would've been better than an interception. Yes, it was a bad throw but crabs was waiting for it as opposed to trying to catch it at it's highest point.
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
crabtree best wide reciever in the nfl

Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If he walks he's a Seahawk, don't want that.

They can't possibly afford Crab + Harvin + all the defensive talent they have to re-sign. RW too.
this. i think dallas or washington is most likely. they give no f**ks about money

Dallas can't afford Romo, Bryant, and Crabtree.

Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
crabtree best wide reciever in the nfl

What about Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, Des Bryant, etc, etc. Crabtree hasn't earned the right to even be mentioned in this company. He is pretty good but he is far from the best. Having Boldin on the other side and Davis underneath really helps him because they can't double team him. If he moved on he wouldn't be that hard to replace. We need to be patient and let Kaep mature. He is physically gifted and his decision making will get better with experience. I would be more worried about Gore because that position takes it's toll on a player. Running backs like him are harder to find then WRs like Crabtree.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Boldin has already said he wants to stay in SF, but of course at the right price. What other teams are more contenders than the Niners? When was the last time Boldin had the type of season he had with the Niners this year? And you think he wants to leave? Why? Because YOU don't think Kap is a good QB?

Stats dont lie.

Kapernick 17th in the league for TD passes
49ers Lowest rated passing offense
49ers 3 NFC appearances, 1 superbowl since 2010, no titles

For elite receivers, there are better options.

Yes there is Andy Dalton. He is very clutch in the postseason.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Boldin has already said he wants to stay in SF, but of course at the right price. What other teams are more contenders than the Niners? When was the last time Boldin had the type of season he had with the Niners this year? And you think he wants to leave? Why? Because YOU don't think Kap is a good QB?

Stats dont lie.

Kapernick 17th in the league for TD passes
49ers Lowest rated passing offense
49ers 3 NFC appearances, 1 superbowl since 2010, no titles

For elite receivers, there are better options.

Elite receiver? I thought you were talking about Crabtree and he is definitely not elite. Crabtree would make a great number two on a team with a solid number one like Detroit or Dallas. SF is still looking for a true number one. Boldin played great but he is getting old and he is a FA. The 49ers would be smart to package some picks and move up and grab Sammy Watkins out of Clemson. Teaming him with Crabtree and maybe Boldin would give the 49ers an awesome receiving core capable of shutting up Sherman.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jazzzed:
Elite receiver? I thought you were talking about Crabtree and he is definitely not elite. Crabtree would make a great number two on a team with a solid number one like Detroit or Dallas. SF is still looking for a true number one. Boldin played great but he is getting old and he is a FA. The 49ers would be smart to package some picks and move up and grab Sammy Watkins out of Clemson. Teaming him with Crabtree and maybe Boldin would give the 49ers an awesome receiving core capable of shutting up Sherman.
What about Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, Des Bryant, etc, etc. Crabtree hasn't earned the right to even be mentioned in this company. He is pretty good but he is far from the best. Having Boldin on the other side and Davis underneath really helps him because they can't double team him. If he moved on he wouldn't be that hard to replace. We need to be patient and let Kaep mature. He is physically gifted and his decision making will get better with experience. I would be more worried about Gore because that position takes it's toll on a player. Running backs like him are harder to find then WRs like Crabtree.

Dude you must be a troll or you would've found something better to use your first posts on then bashing this teams only consistent receiving threat in the past decade outside of Davis. Boldin is irrelevant because there is a realistic chance that he is a flash in the pan and gone this spring.

What exactly has Dez Bryant done to be mentioned as elite? He plays in a pass happy offense, is a bigger on field and off field diva than Crabtree, has drop issues galore and has dropped just as many catches in clutch situations as he's caught.

Get over it. Ask anybody who doesn't have Larry F, Calvin, Demaryius Thomas, or Julio and they would jump at the chance to have Crabtree be their #1. He is a #1 in this league. Just cause he isn't elite in measurables or speed you are quick to dismiss him? Talk about pathetic.
A (mere) two minute search on the net reveals that Michael Crabtree had surgery on a complete tear of the achilles four days after the gold tournament.

Musta been a heck of a "tried to start a fight". And who said journalism was dead ?

This after Sherman refused to apologise to Harbaugh (or say he was mistaken) after making that post game thing up. Despite people seeing the video.

Not to mention :

that test, you know the one that was "contaminated"
the Skip Bayless interview
It's just a practise game for us
You mad, bro ? (to maybe the best QB who's played the game)
Trent Williams
patting Crabtree, getting in his grill and getting pushed away and the "choke" sign (which drew a penalty for taunting)
the twitter battle with Revis, c'mon man Revis ? You aren't better than Revis
Numerous insults to players who'll be remembered long after he's forgotten (to show how much he "respects the game" I'm guessing)
Next day backtracks time-after-time with no apologies

I'm sure I've missed more than a few as well. The guy might be an intelligent man (and no one deserves racial slurs or threats, in The NFL or anywhere else) but he's a headcase too.
* golf tournament. Not gold.
Originally posted by UKNiner:
A (mere) two minute search on the net reveals that Michael Crabtree had surgery on a complete tear of the achilles four days after the gold tournament.

Musta been a heck of a "tried to start a fight". And who said journalism was dead ?

This after Sherman refused to apologise to Harbaugh (or say he was mistaken) after making that post game thing up. Despite people seeing the video.

Not to mention :

Trent Williams
patting Crabtree, getting in his grill and getting pushed away and the "choke" sign (which drew a penalty for taunting)
Numerous insults to players who'll be remembered long after he's forgotten (to show how much he "respects the game" I'm guessing)

I'm sure I've missed more than a few as well. The guy might be an intelligent man (and no one deserves racial slurs or threats, in The NFL or anywhere else) but he's a headcase too.

All of this. He is on drugs. I guarantee it.
Originally posted by UKNiner:

Not to mention :

Trent Williams

i dont think crab tried to fight him, it would have come out before then. but i do remember crab tore the achillies and was operated on the same day or the day after. so if the charity thing was 4 before his surgery, then he in theory could have been there and been healthy.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jan 20, 2014 at 4:00 PM ]
What about Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, Des Bryant, etc, etc. Crabtree hasn't earned the right to even be mentioned in this company.

He is not in the class of Calvin Johnson (which is mostly his speed/size/athletic ability) or Larry Fitzgerald for sure but it is debatable if he is as good as Jones and I would say he is definitely a better receiver than Bryant (although not quite as athletic/fast)..

What people don't take into account is the 49ers offense. They simply don't throw the ball very much and when they do it is only to a couple of guys. Crabtree has done what he is done with limited opportunities compared to all those guys. When it comes to WR fundamentals he's as good or better than all of them, they are all bigger and faster than him though. Couple that with the limited passing offense the 4ers have been running the entire time he's been here and it looks like all those guys are far and away better than him. But its not that cut and dry.

Put Crabtree on one of those teams and his numbers would shatter what he has done thus far in the NFL (which are nothing to complain about as it is).
[ Edited by Gavintech on Jan 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM ]

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by xela510:
Crabtree is going to walk, I dont think he wants to be on the same team as Kaep tbh.

i'm curious as to where you get this? maybe he doesnt come back cus we have limited cap space and not everyone can stay. but i feel like he loves playing with kaep. guy made crabtree look like the top 10 pick that he was.

This. It's funny how people like to speculate about what's in a player's mind. What they're really doing is projecting.

Well if you watch the interview he gave after the game he obviously was trying is best to not throw Kaep under the bus but its pretty easy to see what he was alluding too. He said he made the plays HE was supposed to make when his number was called but everything else was out of his control. Just like the superbowl. It must feel terrible to be on the end of two season ending plays because of someone else.
Crabtree is going to walk, I dont think he wants to be on the same team as Kaep tbh.

i'm curious as to where you get this? maybe he doesnt come back cus we have limited cap space and not everyone can stay. but i feel like he loves playing with kaep. guy made crabtree look like the top 10 pick that he was.

This. It's funny how people like to speculate about what's in a player's mind. What they're really doing is projecting.

Well if you watch the interview he gave after the game he obviously was trying is best to not throw Kaep under the bus but its pretty easy to see what he was alluding too. He said he made the plays HE was supposed to make when his number was called but everything else was out of his control. Just like the superbowl. It must feel terrible to be on the end of two season ending plays because of someone else.

this is the same guy who caught 1 pass for 3 yards in the 2011 nfc title game from alex smith. he is thrilled kaep is his qb now.

I agree. I thought Crabtree played well. I like that he didn't throw Kap under the bus. I think he genuinely likes Kap, and has confidence in him. The last pass was a poor decision/throw. Crab had zero chance of making the play.
this is the same guy who caught 1 pass for 3 yards in the 2011 nfc title game from alex smith. he is thrilled kaep is his qb now.

That's not what he said. In his interview it did seem like he was doing all he could not to blame Kap for the loss.
crabtree would beat sherman 9 out of 10 times
Share 49ersWebzone