LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
stop sending him deep, use him in the middle of the field
I've been critical of Crabtree since he came out but I have to give credit where its due. Michael balled out on MNF and made the most of the opportunities that he had! He's owned Peterson two out of the last three games. I don't get where all the Peterson love comes from as a corner. He's a core special teams player and a good corner only getting better but he has not earned the praise he's getting at db. One day no doubt he'll be that elite corner but I hate how he is considered to have "arrived" already.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Oct 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM ]
He ownes Patrick Peterson.

Originally posted by jreff22:

I think he would be ideal on the deep post route similar to what Jerry used to run. Crabs has got the speed.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I think he would be ideal on the deep post route similar to what Jerry used to run. Crabs has got the speed.

Occasionally a deep route would be smart but he showed that he excels at the underneath game. Let Moss, Vernon, and Ginn stay deep and keep Crabs and KW in the middle.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

Occasionally a deep route would be smart but he showed that he excels at the underneath game. Let Moss, Vernon, and Ginn stay deep and keep Crabs and KW in the middle.

See Rams @ SF for a deep post route to Crabtree.....Shot plays like that to Crabs every once in awhile is exactly what we need.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d824bc487/Smith-goes-deep-for-Crabtree-for-52-yard-TD

Play action then deep ball to crabs

But I do agree let Moss, VD, Ginn, even Manningham clear out the underneath stuff for Crabs and KW. The great thing is that both Manningham and Williams can be quick open field guys as well as deep route runners.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 30, 2012 at 2:47 PM ]
Anyone have Crabtree's career stats against Peterson? It feels like he's owned the kid in the couple games they've played.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Crabtree's stats against the cards secondary / mostly Peterson

19 receptions
27 targets
255 yards
2 TD

by the way Crabtree caught all 5 balls thrown his way tonight and......Crabtree > Peterson also Punt Team > Peterson too lol.

and.....according to MM 4 of his catches were 3rd down conversions!

These are his stats from the last 3 cardinal games - the bulk of these snaps if not 90-95%+ are against PP.

Originally posted by Wubbie:
Anyone have Crabtree's career stats against Peterson? It feels like he's owned the kid in the couple games they've played.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

Awesome pic! Crabtree just balled out all night on Monday Night Football!

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

Its pretty obvious the dude is healthy, motivated, in great shape and much quicker than years prior.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Its pretty obvious the dude is healthy, motivated, in great shape and much quicker than years prior.

Gearing up for the playoffs...last years team plus WRs! Wow!
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Someone have the video when he broke peterson's ankles on that 2nd td!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Gearing up for the playoffs...last years team plus WRs! Wow!

The only thing I would say is our Special Teams coverage, although better recently, was terrible the first half. Need to shore up coverage.
Share 49ersWebzone