There are 273 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Originally posted by crabman82:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch1m
Spoke to surgeon who is also a #49ers fan about Michael Crabtree's post-Achilles performance. He said it's remarkable WR is "kicking ass."

I was thinking the same thing while watching the last game, in that incredible cold weather. I am not a medical guy at all, but it seems remarkable that he is able to be this good this fast. I had written him off for the year ... so glad I was wrong.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I feel like Kap should take a discount for two reasons; A. He know we need to keep Crabs, whom he has great chem with, but we also need to keep the defense who has pulled his ass out of many fires. B. We have already given Kap a nice pay day by making him the starting QB over Alex, when we could have easily stayed the course with Alex. Kap has gotten endorsement deals from Jag, Beats, Mickey D's, and more.

I say we work out big $$ endorsement deals with local companies (Levi's, Google, etc) that are contingent on him remaining with the 49ers. The 49ers could even give those companies loosely-corresponding discounts on their endorsement/stadium deals with the team. He gets back the money he would have made, but it is off the 49ers books, from a salary cap perspective. It's a little shady, but I don't think it violates any league rules.

1st off it wont happen and secondly if it did it opens a can of worms that paul allen and his billions of dollars would exploit.

why in the world would Paul Allen need to know?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch1m
Spoke to surgeon who is also a #49ers fan about Michael Crabtree's post-Achilles performance. He said it's remarkable WR is "kicking ass."

I was thinking the same thing while watching the last game, in that incredible cold weather. I am not a medical guy at all, but it seems remarkable that he is able to be this good this fast. I had written him off for the year ... so glad I was wrong.

He's not just playing well, he's amped and super-aggressive.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I feel like Kap should take a discount for two reasons; A. He know we need to keep Crabs, whom he has great chem with, but we also need to keep the defense who has pulled his ass out of many fires. B. We have already given Kap a nice pay day by making him the starting QB over Alex, when we could have easily stayed the course with Alex. Kap has gotten endorsement deals from Jag, Beats, Mickey D's, and more.

I say we work out big $$ endorsement deals with local companies (Levi's, Google, etc) that are contingent on him remaining with the 49ers. The 49ers could even give those companies loosely-corresponding discounts on their endorsement/stadium deals with the team. He gets back the money he would have made, but it is off the 49ers books, from a salary cap perspective. It's a little shady, but I don't think it violates any league rules.

1st off it wont happen and secondly if it did it opens a can of worms that paul allen and his billions of dollars would exploit.

why in the world would Paul Allen need to know?

dont know why he would need to, but it would still get out. i've seen seahawk fans throw out this possibility from their side aswell regarding guys like wilson and sherman or whatever. its more just wishful homer thinking. a situation like this happening is like fans thinking a guy will take a discount for the home team, its just not realistic.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Jerry Rice and Cris Carter didn't wear gloves, especially not the kind that WRs wear these days.

I prefer the old fashioned method

This guy is B. Sanders after the catch! It dont matter if there are 3 people right there he still has a chance to take it to da house!
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by socalniner:
Jerry Rice and Cris Carter didn't wear gloves, especially not the kind that WRs wear these days.

I prefer the old fashioned method

Loved me some Lester the Molester

Except for the one time when the ball stuck to his helmet lol
I want and hope we get SEA at their house and CRABS just destroys Sherman again.

It will be such sweet revenge to get to Joysey after this season and 3 straight road games

We are playing the best football RIGHT NOW
Kap looks like a different beast with Crabtree out there.

Crabtree is looking like the truth and the whole system has opened up bc of him and it looks better with him there
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Crabtree is looking like the truth and the whole system has opened up bc of him and it looks better with him there

i said for years that alex smith and vernon davis were one of the best passing combo's in the league. even in the lean years they always connected pretty well. samething for kaepernick and crabtree, its easily one of the best in the league.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

i said for years that alex smith and vernon davis were one of the best passing combo's in the league. even in the lean years they always connected pretty well. samething for kaepernick and crabtree, its easily one of the best in the league.

not only in the passing game, Kap is finding huge running lanes as well. His confidence rises

crabtree throughout the years. He has progressed each and every year throughout his career. 2011 was sort of the beginning of his rise to excellence.
I hope Crabtree balls out on sunday.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

crabtree throughout the years. He has progressed each and every year throughout his career. 2011 was sort of the beginning of his rise to excellence.

Most of his best highlights aren't even in this.
Once he gets back to %100...