There are 147 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Reality, we're gonna have to pay beau-coup to keep Kap and Crabs together. We have to win a superbowl soon because there's no way we keep this team as deep
Originally posted by socalniner:
Reality, we're gonna have to pay beau-coup to keep Kap and Crabs together. We have to win a superbowl soon because there's no way we keep this team as deep

Everyone always wants to assume getting the fattest contract is all these guys want. Some folks are actually okay with not being the highest paid and being on a competitive team.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Everyone always wants to assume getting the fattest contract is all these guys want. Some folks are actually okay with not being the highest paid and being on a competitive team.

But Crabs held out with the team until he got paid his rookie year. I dont think his mentality/ego will change.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

But Crabs held out with the team until he got paid his rookie year. I dont think his mentality/ego will change.

That was over 5 years ago. He's changed agents I believe twice since that fiasco. Crabtree holding out was strictly because of him being young and naive, accepting horrible advice from people who wanted a percentage of his contract. There is nothing else that would suggest his mentality is egotistical. I swear some people WANT Crabs gone.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

That was over 5 years ago. He's changed agents I believe twice since that fiasco. Crabtree holding out was strictly because of him being young and naive, accepting horrible advice from people who wanted a percentage of his contract. There is nothing else that would suggest his mentality is egotistical. I swear some people WANT Crabs gone.

he may have not changed at all, i dont know. but what has changed is the qb, i think playing with kaepernick increases the chances he is back big time as opposed to alex smith still being here. they just never built up that chemistry.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Crabtree has the best hands in the NFL right now and Cris Carter is the only other receiver who I've seen play, with better hands.
I feel like Kap should take a discount for two reasons; A. He know we need to keep Crabs, whom he has great chem with, but we also need to keep the defense who has pulled his ass out of many fires. B. We have already given Kap a nice pay day by making him the starting QB over Alex, when we could have easily stayed the course with Alex. Kap has gotten endorsement deals from Jag, Beats, Mickey D's, and more.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I feel like Kap should take a discount for two reasons; A. He know we need to keep Crabs, whom he has great chem with, but we also need to keep the defense who has pulled his ass out of many fires. B. We have already given Kap a nice pay day by making him the starting QB over Alex, when we could have easily stayed the course with Alex. Kap has gotten endorsement deals from Jag, Beats, Mickey D's, and more.

I say we work out big $$ endorsement deals with local companies (Levi's, Google, etc) that are contingent on him remaining with the 49ers. The 49ers could even give those companies loosely-corresponding discounts on their endorsement/stadium deals with the team. He gets back the money he would have made, but it is off the 49ers books, from a salary cap perspective. It's a little shady, but I don't think it violates any league rules.
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch1m
Spoke to surgeon who is also a #49ers fan about Michael Crabtree's post-Achilles performance. He said it's remarkable WR is "kicking ass."
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I say we work out big $$ endorsement deals with local companies (Levi's, Google, etc) that are contingent on him remaining with the 49ers. The 49ers could even give those companies loosely-corresponding discounts on their endorsement/stadium deals with the team. He gets back the money he would have made, but it is off the 49ers books, from a salary cap perspective. It's a little shady, but I don't think it violates any league rules.

1st off it wont happen and secondly if it did it opens a can of worms that paul allen and his billions of dollars would exploit.

Originally posted by crabman82:
Spoke to surgeon who is also a #49ers fan about Michael Crabtree's post-Achilles performance. He said it's remarkable WR is "kicking ass."

Surgeon gets co-MVP when we won the #6

I was thinking the same thing while watching the last game, in that incredible cold weather. I am not a medical guy at all, but it seems remarkable that he is able to be this good this fast. I had written him off for the year ... so glad I was wrong.

1st off it wont happen and secondly if it did it opens a can of worms that paul allen and his billions of dollars would exploit.

why in the world would Paul Allen need to know?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

I was thinking the same thing while watching the last game, in that incredible cold weather. I am not a medical guy at all, but it seems remarkable that he is able to be this good this fast. I had written him off for the year ... so glad I was wrong.

He's not just playing well, he's amped and super-aggressive.

why in the world would Paul Allen need to know?

dont know why he would need to, but it would still get out. i've seen seahawk fans throw out this possibility from their side aswell regarding guys like wilson and sherman or whatever. its more just wishful homer thinking. a situation like this happening is like fans thinking a guy will take a discount for the home team, its just not realistic.
Share 49ersWebzone