There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

My only knock on Crabtree is that he seems to be some what injury prone. He was injured in college through the draft. Then later his foot wasn't right. Then he tears his Achilles heel just practicing. If we do sign him, it should be for lower end number one money.

I could see him and Kap becoming one of the most dangerous combos of this next era.
Patrick Peterson's Worst Nightmare, even at 80% healthy.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by irishluder:
Prior to Crabtree coming back this season, I wanted to say "F&CK HIM, he's a Dallas Cowboy at heart and a diva"....But honestly I think he has shown alot of heart and hard work to comeback from a devastating injury and is playing at 80-90% health and is still dominating. He has made the offense open up and is breaking defenses because the top 2 DB's and safetys have to cover Crabs and VD on deep routes leaving Boldin Open. And underneath routes are easy for VD/Boldin because Crabs is double teamed.

I honestly worry that he will get paid and not give 100%.... BUT, I will be willing to give him a 5 year deal that would have ALOT of performance based bonuses to keep his mind on TD's and 1000 yard seasons.

Crabs is a top 10 WR when he pushes himself, I honestly think that VD and Kaep keep him working hard and going hard on all plays. He's a great blocker, shifty not fast, and has really good hands for those vicious Kaep passes, then his YAC ability is impressive.

WR roster going forward hopefully is: Crabs, Boldin, 1st/2nd rounder (Davante Adams ), Patton, 3rd-5th rounder

IF he wont resign..... Franchise tag him 1 time and then let him walk his Jerry Jones kissing ass to Dallas

He's already making $6mil./yr., so I doubt bumping it up a couple mil is gonna make any difference. After next season he'll have made over $30 mil. in his career.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by irishluder:
Prior to Crabtree coming back this season, I wanted to say "F&CK HIM, he's a Dallas Cowboy at heart and a diva"....But honestly I think he has shown alot of heart and hard work to comeback from a devastating injury and is playing at 80-90% health and is still dominating. He has made the offense open up and is breaking defenses because the top 2 DB's and safetys have to cover Crabs and VD on deep routes leaving Boldin Open. And underneath routes are easy for VD/Boldin because Crabs is double teamed.

I honestly worry that he will get paid and not give 100%.... BUT, I will be willing to give him a 5 year deal that would have ALOT of performance based bonuses to keep his mind on TD's and 1000 yard seasons.

Crabs is a top 10 WR when he pushes himself, I honestly think that VD and Kaep keep him working hard and going hard on all plays. He's a great blocker, shifty not fast, and has really good hands for those vicious Kaep passes, then his YAC ability is impressive.

WR roster going forward hopefully is: Crabs, Boldin, 1st/2nd rounder (Davante Adams ), Patton, 3rd-5th rounder

IF he wont resign..... Franchise tag him 1 time and then let him walk his Jerry Jones kissing ass to Dallas

He's already making $6mil./yr., so I doubt bumping it up a couple mil is gonna make any difference. After next season he'll have made over $30 mil. in his career.

This is true, but I really question how much he put into his first 3 years... he held out, Pu$$y move as a rookie. I blame Deon ... but i think he's really matured and has seen what winning and the brother hood of winning and championships really mean. I think he was conditioned by Prime Time and his shady ass uncle to "make dat money". Now that he's financially sound, I hope he's looking at the SB rings instead of the 2ct diamond studs and "bling"
After what we experienced without him this season Crabtree will be a priority I would think. We usually nail down our priority guys. I have faith we will make it work
We need to lock up Crabtree, Boldin, and VD for the next few years. Having all 3 has made a dramatic difference in the effectiveness of our offense.

If were down to 2 of them, VD just gets the double team, and the other is left as our only option. It works against bad D's like GB, but not against SEA.

Once we get Kap to the point where hes comfortable checking down, we can just stick LaMichael James in there for screens, and then the offense will take off. It will force defenses to cover 3 pro bowl caliber players at once, and then worry about a guy with James' speed getting a dump off pass.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 27, 2013 at 3:49 AM ]
He'll be back
THIS GUY WAS CLUTCH ON THIRD DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!
Diva
PAY THE MAN!!!
Originally posted by Allx9er:
He'll be back
See
He needs to be paid cause he is our chain mover... Pay the man.
Crabtree plays big in big games. The guy is an extremely underrated receiver and I think the Niners need to keep him. He's got a great chemistry with Kap and it shows.

I really didn't expect this from Crabs in the GB game but I truly think he is a #1 receiver. Maybe not in the traditional mold, but he plays so well when he needs to.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
THIS GUY WAS CLUTCH ON THIRD DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

I think his fingertips touch when he wraps his hands around the middle of the ball.
pay him whatever, our offense runs through crabs not gore anymore