There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Sure but the Gordon trade thread is not here
Extending Crabtree is an unknown. We know that his talent and what he can do on the football field dictates that he should be paid as a top WR. Furthermore we sorely missed him and now that he is back you can argue that he is more important to this team than Iupati. I am just not sure that we can afford him or that we want to pony up the type of dough it will take to keep Crabtree. We just have to enjoy him while we have him and draft a couple WRs this spring while we are at it.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Extending Crabtree is an unknown. We know that his talent and what he can do on the football field dictates that he should be paid as a top WR. Furthermore we sorely missed him and now that he is back you can argue that he is more important to this team than Iupati. I am just not sure that we can afford him or that we want to pony up the type of dough it will take to keep Crabtree. We just have to enjoy him while we have him and draft a couple WRs this spring while we are at it.

Wow glad ur not our GM handing out big deals to a guy who played well one year.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

I didn't advocate that WE should pay him, I am saying that his talent dictates that he is a top WR and that we should enjoy him while we have him and draft a couple WRs while we are at it. It is obvious that something or someone is accounting for the spike in production at the position since Crabtree's return. I do believe that there will be some desperate franchise that will pay him what he might be looking for. I know that we will assign Crabtree a value for what we think he is worth and if our number is too far off from his number we will let him test free agency. Now as for the one good year argument, I think there are plenty of examples throughout the history of free agency where countless franchises have rewarded free agents based solely off their prior contract years. Haynesworth comes to mind. I don't see us as doing such a thing, but Crabtree is showing over the last season and a half if you count the playoffs that he is a premier talent at the position. If he continues his pace he will be paid dearly and to be honest we might get in on the bidding because we haven't had a 1000 yard WR since TO. Now we got 2 guys that can do it: Crabtree and Boldin. Good problem to have until it is time to pay these guys. In Baalke (and Paraag) we trust!
Crabtree is one of, if not the most important offensive players on the team, that is a fact.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Crabtree is one of, if not the most important offensive players on the team, that is a fact.

Kap, Gore, VD, Crab and now Boldin are key to what we have done this season. It will be hard to part with any of them. Good things don't last forever but you better savor them

Kap, Gore, VD, Crab and now Boldin are key to what we have done this season. It will be hard to part with any of them. Good things don't last forever but you better savor them

Good point.

Good point.

Baalke needs props. He knows the gateway to the superbowl is between the Legion of Boom, so he counters by deploying the two most physical WRs in the league like a boss!

#GMchess
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
Baalke needs props. He knows the gateway to the superbowl is between the Legion of Boom, so he counters by deploying the two most physical WRs in the league like a boss!

#GMchess
Exactly how I see it. ATL kinda opened eyes to this. They had Julio Roddy and Gonzales beating up them DBs and we got Crab Q VD doing the same plus we have a devastating ground game to account for along with a mobile QB
Originally posted by verb1der:

#GMchess
Exactly how I see it. ATL kinda opened eyes to this. They had Julio Roddy and Gonzales beating up them DBs and we got Crab Q VD doing the same plus we have a devastating ground game to account for along with a mobile QB

that and they were actually calling sherman for holding that game.

Crabtree has played well for us EVER YEAR he's been here. You might be one of those people who thinks that a WR is only good if he puts up 1,000 yards, though, so arguing with you is likely pointless.

I will say this... Our offense is WAY better since Crabtree came back. That is NOT a coincidence.

They need to pay the guy. He is more important than Iupati now. I wasn't sure that would be the case coming into this season, but he's proven it is indeed.

Given our pathetic track record when drafting WRs, we have a much better shot of replacing Iupati than Crabtree.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Dec 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
best receiver in the nfl, wouldn't trade him for anyone
Prior to Crabtree coming back this season, I wanted to say "F&CK HIM, he's a Dallas Cowboy at heart and a diva"....But honestly I think he has shown alot of heart and hard work to comeback from a devastating injury and is playing at 80-90% health and is still dominating. He has made the offense open up and is breaking defenses because the top 2 DB's and safetys have to cover Crabs and VD on deep routes leaving Boldin Open. And underneath routes are easy for VD/Boldin because Crabs is double teamed.

I honestly worry that he will get paid and not give 100%.... BUT, I will be willing to give him a 5 year deal that would have ALOT of performance based bonuses to keep his mind on TD's and 1000 yard seasons.

Crabs is a top 10 WR when he pushes himself, I honestly think that VD and Kaep keep him working hard and going hard on all plays. He's a great blocker, shifty not fast, and has really good hands for those vicious Kaep passes, then his YAC ability is impressive.

WR roster going forward hopefully is: Crabs, Boldin, 1st/2nd rounder (Davante Adams ), Patton, 3rd-5th rounder

IF he wont resign..... Franchise tag him 1 time and then let him walk his Jerry Jones kissing ass to Dallas

This post has it correct.

We are 4-0 since Crabtree returned. He helped bring us back into Monday's game. If we have him this entire season, I'm sure our record is 13-2 right now.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home