Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

touchdown this week, breakout coming next week. thinking 2tds for 120
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The difference between Kap and Alex or Romo is that Kap doesn't give a f***. He can handle it because he is just as G as crab is. He knows the deal and he takes it all in stride. He knows premiere WRs gonna whine when they don't get the ball. Kap got tough skin and he knows how to tell Crab when to STFU. Just like Drew Brees does. Kap ain't the type of QB to back down to a WR. I see him only deferring to Gore out of respect

I was with you up until that point. Let's be reality, Brees is a b***h, even Saints fans are railing on him for not getting up in guys faces the way someone like Tom Brady does.

I didn't get to watch the whole game today. What happened between Kaep and Crabtree?

Increased production.

Well obviously. What my question is, was there a slight outburst from Crab?

He threw a football in the air.

Later, while on the sidelines, he yelled at Kap, kicked him in the groin area, and then peed on Kap in disgust.

Besides those two incidents, I can't think of anything that could be considered an "outburst" by Crabtree.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The difference between Kap and Alex or Romo is that Kap doesn't give a f***. He can handle it because he is just as G as crab is. He knows the deal and he takes it all in stride. He knows premiere WRs gonna whine when they don't get the ball. Kap got tough skin and he knows how to tell Crab when to STFU. Just like Drew Brees does. Kap ain't the type of QB to back down to a WR. I see him only deferring to Gore out of respect

I was with you up until that point. Let's be reality, Brees is a b***h, even Saints fans are railing on him for not getting up in guys faces the way someone like Tom Brady does.

I didn't get to watch the whole game today. What happened between Kaep and Crabtree?

Increased production.

Well obviously. What my question is, was there a slight outburst from Crab?

Nahh, he was just being himself, a DIVA it is.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
y he so mad doe?

I've seen Crabs with some bad body language in the SEA game and today's game. When Kap doesn't look his way and he's open, he will throw his arms up in disgust. It happened on one play in the SEA game and again today on the play where Boldin made a ridiculous one arm scoop catch. Then when he and Kap missed on the deep bomb, he committed the PF. I get that he wants the ball, but that poor body language doesn't help the team at all and the PF sure didn't.

Good points. Kap does have that thick skin mentality. Still isn't a good show for the team and for the opponent to see that kind of arm waving. Definitely Crabs should tell Kap he is open and was missed on those plays. But a WR shouldn't ever throw up his arms in disgust in an obvious way to show the displeasure of his QB's performance on that play. It's just not a constructive action, and the PF wasn't cool when it happened. Again, like you stated, it won't be a big deal. Kap and Crabs are all good.

I doubt it was him throwing his arms in disgust. It was probably more of him throwing his arms in like a "damn I was wide open." It just shows that he's the type of player that wants the ball & wants to make big plays for his team. I'm sure every player feels that way & of course gets frustrated as well when they have obvious chances of doing so. I saw a couple plays where crabtree was wide open but kaep didn't look his way. He's also probably a little jealous that Boldin is getting all the attention right now because that's what crabs had last year. But maybe they needed this & needed Crabtree to show a little frustration to finally get Kaep to look at other receivers now, especially that crabs is getting healthier & closer to 100% every week.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
"I just feel a certain way right now. I wanna play. I feel I've got to catch up," said Crabtree, who had a season-high five receptions for 45 yards. "Everybody keeps trying to slow me down, and telling me to chill. I don't feel like chillin', I feel like playing. I feel like catching touchdowns, catching balls, and making plays."
This is a #1 wr state of mind.

I bet you he gets 8 catches next week and from here on out he boldin and vd will be monsters

I think in some ways this is what the coaching staff has been doing to Kap this year; and now for the last couple games they may have told him to go for what he sees, letting him play more of his personal style of game. If so all of this with Crabs, Kap, Boldin et all bodes well for the team going forward. They can play looser and the way they feel best in..Gonna be a hella last 2 games this year with the Niners and a couple other teams that will dictate what happens within the playoffs; and all in the last 2 games..

Frickin next Monday at The Stick is going be unreal, god I wish I could make it, but too far away..

NINERS!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM ]
Crabs' contract is up after the year right? If so, he probably feels extra pressure to show that he is fully recovered and is still reaching his peak. Dude got a lot of $ on the line. Don't blame him
  • IEAD
  • Veteran
I'm pretty sure he has another year on his contact after this one. Free agent in 2015.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's under contract through '14.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Crabs' contract is up after the year right? If so, he probably feels extra pressure to show that he is fully recovered and is still reaching his peak. Dude got a lot of $ on the line. Don't blame him

His injury proneness should knock a few million off that number.

Maybe incentive driven based on the number of games he plays in.
needs to stop hurting the team with dumb penalties. Cant do that s**t in the playoffs and expect to win. That really pissedd me off yesterday when he got that penalty after tampa scored and momentum was slightly going to tampa luckily Kap bailed him out. I did notice him open on many plays kaps got to get him the ball this week.
Originally posted by mmoyer04:
needs to stop hurting the team with dumb penalties. Cant do that s**t in the playoffs and expect to win. That really pissedd me off yesterday when he got that penalty after tampa scored and momentum was slightly going to tampa luckily Kap bailed him out. I did notice him open on many plays kaps got to get him the ball this week.

He will. Kap is just coming out of the one WR induced season long coma he has been in. We have to understand that a bit. All he had all year long was Q VD and Bruce Miller. Now that he has Crab back he has to get used to looking for him again.
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's under contract through '14.

Thank god. I love me some Crabs

Crabs doesn't really get too many penalties as it is. It probably was more of him being frustrated with himself and his injury and how it's slowed him down. It's that discrepancy between where he is and where he wants to be. Stupid penalty but Crabtree isn't very penalty prone.

He made up for it with a big catch and run to overcome the penalty. The refs shouldn't have flagged it. They'll flag anything...from something tiny to huge with same possession killing 15 yard penalty.
Unacceptable. Crab has been in the league too long to pull stunt like that. Factor in we were only up 6 and we needed to answer in the worst way.

Blow up on the sideline or even in the huddle but don't sabotage the team by getting a penalty like that.