There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by fly15:
like Moss in the endzone??

I like Moss in the end zone. I like Moss on the field. I like moss everywhere fly I am.

You left out green eggs and ham....

Literary licence? I'm a big Seuss fan!
Hopefully bye the time his contract is up some certain people will no loner be with the team so he will resign. I'm going to hate to lose him and watch him light it up some place else
I think he would do great in a passing offense. Hopefully we can keep him I really like Crabtree.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I think he would do great in a passing offense. Hopefully we can keep him I really like Crabtree.

This rite hur
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Nothing like a little civility in NinerTalk....

Civility is always nice...but is not always easy!

A comment from Crabtree after the game reaffirms my concern about his attitude. When asked about the QB draw call that was short of the first down but led to a FG, MC shook his head and said, "I don't want to talk about it, bro, cause I know if I say something....We won -- you know what I mean? I can't say anything, because we won."

"I can't say anything because we won." So if they lose...? Just his general attitude...I know complaining will get me in trouble so I'm going to complain by telling you I'm not complaining. He is a downer! I understand this offensive style is very tough on WRs because they don't get many opportunities so I won't complain about MC's attitude.

It sure seemed like a couple of comments and looks from guys on the sideline and after the game. They are beginning to get frustrated at times because Alex won't try to get them the ball to make plays. Vernon also seemed unhappy with not seeing the ball after the game.
Originally posted by tohara3:
It sure seemed like a couple of comments and looks from guys on the sideline and after the game. They are beginning to get frustrated at times because Alex won't try to get them the ball to make plays. Vernon also seemed unhappy with not seeing the ball after the game.

Vernon took responsibility after the game saying he and the rest of the receivers have to get open to help Smith out. He may have just been saying the politically correct jargon, but he seemed to back it up when he was asked how they took him out of the game. He gave a pretty good analysis of the physical Seattle D and mentioned that they were keying on him but leaving the middle open for the run game. Everyone can't be happy in a low scoring game but they weren't complaining after the Buff game...two 100 yard receivers...or were they?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM ]
Like I've said before, the guy is just happy to be a millionaire. Not a lot of heart. Unfulfilled promise. Too bad too, like many of you I was ecstatic when Al took Heyward-Bey and let Crabs fall in our laps.
Makes great plays when he has space but seems like it is easy to make him disappear.

The greats can make their own when needed, I think it's a part of his game that still needs work. He can't disappear for quarters at a time and he needs to run deeper- and Roman needs think deeper
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by rk1642:
Crabtree has gotten better this year no doubt.

But he cannot win one on one with a top db and that is killing us. For that matter, none of wr's are good at that! VD is the best but teams are double teaming him on all passing downs, which makes Crab's inability to win more one on one battles even more troubling!

He is a solid #2 or #3 wr in the NFL but thats it.

Crazy

Hard to beat good CBs when your QB wont throw into tight coverage.....just saying

You should be able to beat press coverage irrespective of your QB.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by rk1642:
Crabtree has gotten better this year no doubt.

But he cannot win one on one with a top db and that is killing us. For that matter, none of wr's are good at that! VD is the best but teams are double teaming him on all passing downs, which makes Crab's inability to win more one on one battles even more troubling!

He is a solid #2 or #3 wr in the NFL but thats it.

Crazy

Hard to beat good CBs when your QB wont throw into tight coverage.....just saying

You should be able to beat press coverage irrespective of your QB.

"beating coverage" is a relative term, did you see Kevin Walters TD today? He was maybe half a step in front of his man and Schaub still trust himself and Walter to make a play, put it on the money and beat the CBs hand by inches.

Did Walter "beat" his coverage? Hardly, the QB just trusted himself and his receiver's skill over that of the corner. This is something Alex doesn't do a whole lot, or at all on some days.

By the way this is coming from a staunch AS supporter.
Bump. Dude is a beast and bonafide number one WR.
Lol owns Peterson
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Lol owns Peterson
That's what I'm thinking about the whole game long
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Lol owns Peterson
That's what I'm thinking about the whole game long

Straight owned Peterson all night and let him know!!