There are 226 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Originally posted by dugo:
WOW..thats awesome..good post

Glad someone saw it in the normal b.s. that's going on.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Frank Gore:

With the 131 today and the 8095 coming in that equals 8226 total and just passed Herschal Walker for 36th all time

36 more yards to get into 35th place

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm
that's awesome. Frank is such a humble guy too. Considering he blew out his knees in college, he has been nothing short of fantastic his entire stay with the Niners
[ Edited by zeppfan1 on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM ]
How about we stop wrecking the game day thread and you guys take it in the alex smith thread.

THIS
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by pitseleh:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
People went crazy on the "Randy Moss was wide open," play where Alex threw the pick (even Gore was pointing!) after Mayock went so heavy on it, but every angle I've looked at he was under duress, had no window, and there was no easy pass to him. I'd have preferred he just throw it away, run, or take a sack, but he was trying to be aggressive rather than passive, a criticism people constantly pepper him with.

Alex probably thought when he was pointing to Moss that he was calling for the ball. Probably an excuse but really a guy with his arms up 99,999/100,000 is calling the ball.

Who knows, maybe Gore's pointing lead the defender to cut off the pass?

Alexcuses!

That's old and played...come up with something new or stfu please.
You STFU and stop riding Alex's sack! Grow a pair and tell it like it is! AS is weak sauce! You can only baby him for so long, 7 YEARS is enough!!

For some reason I find this totally freak'n funny. I don't know why. Smith can do this to people. LOL!
People went crazy on the "Randy Moss was wide open," play where Alex threw the pick (even Gore was pointing!) after Mayock went so heavy on it, but every angle I've looked at he was under duress, had no window, and there was no easy pass to him. I'd have preferred he just throw it away, run, or take a sack, but he was trying to be aggressive rather than passive, a criticism people constantly pepper him with.

Alex probably thought when he was pointing to Moss that he was calling for the ball. Probably an excuse but really a guy with his arms up 99,999/100,000 is calling the ball.

Alexcuses!

You STFU and stop riding Alex's sack! Grow a pair and tell it like it is! AS is weak sauce! You can only baby him for so long, 7 YEARS is enough!!

Bye bye

Alexcuses!

The QB of the top team in the top division. He led the team to our best offensive output in franchise history a couple of weeks ago and is a top 10 QB by stats this season. He may not be Joe Montana, but he's a winner.

You don't know when to quit and I hope you're ned.
Hard to get in a word around here but i will try.

Like I said earlier (before the game) the 49ers are good at taking what teams give us. They started taking the check-downs, they just kept taking 4 yards a carry and it eventually led to some big runs.

We knew it was going to be physical, we over came dumb penalties and suspect officiating.

I think Alex Smith played poorly. He didn't find Vernon Davis, I don't know if the Seahawks just decided to take him out (if so then that is fine). My only real concern was that INT by Alex Smith, I don't get it...

STOP TAKING SMITH OUT FOR KAP... PERIOD
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Alright situation resolved.
Impossible to enjoy a win on a niner fan website cause everyone is obsessed with one person, lol...
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:

Like I said earlier (before the game) the 49ers are good at taking what teams give us. They started taking the check-downs, they just kept taking 4 yards a carry and it eventually led to some big runs.

We knew it was going to be physical, we over came dumb penalties and suspect officiating.

I think Alex Smith played poorly. He didn't find Vernon Davis, I don't know if the Seahawks just decided to take him out (if so then that is fine). My only real concern was that INT by Alex Smith, I don't get it...

I don't get that either, he had a very similar play from last year where he was scrambling to the same side an threw late into the endzone and got picked off. Very similar. Remembered the play but not the game. He even said he didn't put enough zip into the throw after the game. I would think he learned from that.
@sacniner: particularly, when that one person throws the ball, and the person who catches it makes a good run after the catch, with a great wide receiver block.
ill say it again LEADING the division enjoy the win that was a good team
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for pitseleh.

Agree on all points.

Halftime Adjustments seemed to be great. Offense adjusted and defense started... playing .
Officiating was very questionable. I get officials miss calls on both side of the ball, but it seemed one side was allowed to be... more physical than the other?
Teams are starting to take out Davis as Smith and him have amazing chemistry and has been the biggest threat to D's through the air this season.
In the rz, agree

Yeah I think you've hit it on the head. Alex didn't really do anything wrong other than the INT... that was ugly. It should have never happened coz we should have continued beaten the asses with the run game. If ever there is a time for Jacobs to come in that was it. But IMO Alex did what the coaches wanted him to do. Looked after the ball and took time off the clock.

Officiating was horrible. How can they get away with that kind of contact down the field? And that facemask, MY GOD!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I don't get that either, he had a very similar play from last year where he was scrambling to the same side an threw late into the endzone and got picked off. Very similar. Remembered the play but not the game. He even said he didn't put enough zip into the throw after the game. I would think he learned from that.

I was just trying to remember what game that was! I'd rather have smith take a quick read/throw it away in the rz than to try and scramble and force a play at this point