There are 153 users in the forums

Bills vs. 49ers: Chan Gailey, Jim Harbaugh Square Off

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Quote: That's the difference between these two coaches: one is a good coach; the other has been a great head coach. Where Harbaugh's team plays like it's hell-bent on being the most dominant group in the game, Gailey's projects the image of a team taking its time and picking its spots in trying to get where it wants to be. Where Gailey apparently has to instill mental toughness in his players, Harbaugh's get theirs seemingly by osmosis. Harbaugh coaches with confidence and attitude; Gailey's style in Buffalo has been more along the lines of constantly having a trick up his sleeve. Gailey's team can exploit a weakness; Harbaugh's can dominate a strength.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/10/4/3454928/bills-vs-49ers-chan-gailey-jim-harbaugh-comparison

Sounds about right to me.

btw, I never knew the Bills offered Jim the job in 2010, but Jim turned it down.

[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM ]
  • bors
  • Veteran
was like buffalo huh...nah ill pass coach some collage in cali
Bills would be Super Bowl contenders with all that firepower under Harbaugh. Instead, it's all a waste.
We are VERY fortunate to have JH, Baalke, and the coaching staff.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We are VERY fortunate to have JH, Baalke, and the coaching staff.

Sup?
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Bills would be Super Bowl contenders with all that firepower under Harbaugh. Instead, it's all a waste.

yeah, its crazy that the Bills arnt better. All off-season, I was telling people that two of the best teams in the AFC would be Buffalo and Houston but the Bills have fallen short of my expectations. They have a pretty stacked team on paper but are plagued by injuries and Fitzpatrick's habit of throwing an INT for every TD he throws. Should be a big gane for our D
Personally, I think Chan Gailey is a good coach. He got his team to play hard for him when he first got there even though they sucked. Hes doing it now too. His offensive scheme is really aggressive, which allows room for lots of scoring, but at the same time it leads to a lot of turnovers as well.
The Bills might have one of the best front four on paper, but they've played like garbage. Another part of their problem is they have a pretty bad LB core. Then they have a Rookie and a second year guy starting a CB. The only real playmaker in their secondary is Jairus Byrd. Our offense should be able to do some damage.
So since the Pats had 2 100+ yard rushers against the Bills, it's got me thinking that we can go for 3. Frank, Kendall and ...drum roll.... Mario Manningham!

┈┈┈┈┈┈▕▔╲

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂╱┈▕▂▂▂▏

▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏

▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏

▔▔▔▔▔▔╲▂▕▂▂▂I
Originally posted by KegBert:
So since the Pats had 2 100+ yard rushers against the Bills, it's got me thinking that we can go for 3. Frank, Kendall and ...drum roll.... Mario Manningham!

You wanted to say Kap but restrained yourself. It's okay. It's not as though the truth is hiding in plain sight. The sooner everyone embraces it, the sooner this team can go to the next level.
Share 49ersWebzone