LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

PAY THE MAN!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Thought this was going to be a Goldson thread...

agree
Got yeah guys lol

Issac won't be back? Hes got a long tenure with the Niners. He definitely is the heart and soul of the d line with J.Smith Aldon and Ray McDonald. A solid D lineman and I'm pretty sure he'll be back. He is not overpaid.
Issac won't because we don't have the money, he's up for a resign, so is Ricky. Issac made 20 million on his last deal, he's making five million dollars this year almost... I just don't see us paying him, he's to high priced for his age. Ricky younger, done great every time we've need him too play, and would be cheaper deal. Win, Win, Win. Also would fit Nt in fangio defense, he likes smaller guys who can get upfield.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
We need Soap...don't even kid yourself.
Pay Goldson
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Got yeah guys lol

Issac won't because we don't have the money, he's up for a resign, so is Ricky. Issac made 20 million on his last deal, he's making five million dollars this year almost... I just don't see us paying him, he's to high priced for his age. Ricky younger, done great every time we've need him too play, and would be cheaper deal. Win, Win, Win. Also would fit Nt in fangio defense, he likes smaller guys who can get upfield.
Wish I could agree but for someone who hasnt touched a probowl or had a 10 sack season, he should be willing to take a pay cut and will if he's loyal. He can make it up field he was playing FB for goodness sake. Sopoaga has unique abilities on this line, and would be an excellent DT veteran presence.
Pay 38
Got yeah guys lol

Wish I could agree but for someone who hasnt touched a probowl or had a 10 sack season, he should be willing to take a pay cut and will if he's loyal. He can make it up field he was playing FB for goodness sake. Sopoaga has unique abilities on this line, and would be an excellent DT veteran presence.
You should agree, Isaac career sack total is 6.5, haha CAREER!!! He even started at De most of it. What's the difference between letting Franklin walk and Isaac walk. Isaac did take a discount he told his agent last time to only deal with the niners just get him a fair offer. He ripped us off at that, 5 million 2 years in a row for a guy who just sits in the same spot, and doesn't get sacks.
I'd love to see RJF back. It shouldn't take too much $$$ to get it done.

BTW, in the 3 games that RJF has started in his career, we've outscored our opponents 101-14. Just sayin'.
Why would you say Sopoaga in overpaid? RJF did very well today but Id still rather have Sopoaga start.
You should agree, Isaac career sack total is 6.5, haha CAREER!!! He even started at De most of it. What's the difference between letting Franklin walk and Isaac walk. Isaac did take a discount he told his agent last time to only deal with the niners just get him a fair offer. He ripped us off at that, 5 million 2 years in a row for a guy who just sits in the same spot, and doesn't get sacks.

You dont pay a 3-4 NT based on his sack numbers.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Lol this

Whoa. Really? "haha" r u serious? Isacc stuffs the line. He cant be the reason why our run stop has been so epic right? Are you kidding me? He is the definition of a 3 - 4 NT. I'd even take Tukuafu ove RJF. RJF is ok. Good backup.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Lol this
He started at De his sack numbers should have been higher! Will do it this way, Player rating from cbs sport, Justin Smith 10.69, Ray Mac7.00, Isaac 4.44 he's consdered the 113th player on dline, that's not worth 5 million he's the weak link on dline! Ray mac is 59th player, and justin is the 17th. Ricky as a backup is 2.31 he's rated the 189th. I think ricky as full time will produce better numbers than Isaac and for half the price.
Tuf is rated 217th with a rating of 1.38!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 30, 2012 at 6:08 PM ]
Whoa. Really? "haha" r u serious? Isacc stuffs the line. He cant be the reason why our run stop has been so epic right? Are you kidding me? He is the definition of a 3 - 4 NT. I'd even take Tukuafu ove RJF. RJF is ok. Good backup.

this.
I see re-signing RJF as a double winner. We can get him for a fair price that wont destroy our cap, and we can use the money we would have "possibly" given to Sopoaga on trying to re-sign Goldson, and later on down the road Smith and NaBow.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Pay 38

Share 49ersWebzone