LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 139 users in the forums

defense has regressed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Defense quit but when the game was already done. I was hoping the Giants players would have said we quit during Monday interviews. Put Rogers in his place and shut our ass and Freddy P. Soft's as up.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
Defense quit but when the game was already done. I was hoping the Giants players would have said we quit during Monday interviews. Put Rogers in his place and shut our ass and Freddy P. Soft's as up.

they definitely quit. Giants RB's were ripping off 11 yard runs right up the middle to end the game.
defense can't always hold opponents to 3 points or under.

alex has to step up and move the chains when the game is hanging in the balance. gotta do better
want more sacks
Of course they have regressed. Sacks and turnovers are down from last year, but again last years numbers were almost video game like. This is still an excellent defense.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
defense can't always hold opponents to 3 points or under.

alex has to step up and move the chains when the game is hanging in the balance. gotta do better

A bad team like the Bills, yes. A team like the Giants....NO.

The plan was to upgrade the offense to help out the defense this year because they are going to have more games like this. Problem is, the offense hasn't met expectations.
last 4 games

3 + 0 + 26 + 6 = 8.75 points a game

the giants game wasnt that bad statistically for the D

defense has surely regressed

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:54 PM ]
Honestly, I think last year's d was better with the turnovers and the great run d with an average pass defense. That being said statistically this defense is better. #1 in the league in yards given up per game, #1 in pass defense, #9 in rush defense. My problem is the sacks #20 overall before tonight's game. We are allowing close to the same amount of points a game at 14.2 compared to 13.7 last year when we have faced better offenses. We are doing ok in the turnover department and ok in the sacks. Crazy because if we start getting those our defense should be even better because the pass d has went from 16th to 1st.

Fangio says he is ok with the lack of sacks due to getting pressure but I disagree. Like I have said I think pass rushing DE and OLB is a must in the draft. Need to give these guys breathers.

To sum it up, #1 in total defense (1), improved pass defense (1), run d a little weaker (9). Still playing solid and giving up roughly the same amount of points but we haven't gotten nearly as many sacks or turnovers.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM ]
The defense is very strong. Our special teams allows 70 yard returns so they are starting from our own 30 yard line.... Sometimes we hold them to a FG even with that.
Mcbath=Freddy P Soft.

Our D has not allowed a TD in 3 out of our last 4 games. Just sayin.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Our D has not allowed a TD in 3 out of our last 4 games. Just sayin.

And that's with the 70 yard returns we allow on special teams....
bump for noobs
Defense has regressed a lot
scary to compare this year to last..scary bad that is unless they turn it around quickly
Share 49ersWebzone