LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

defense has regressed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They laid the smack down on jets today. Total domination
Unless the quarterback is able to make a ton of plays with his feet, the other team has no chance.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Unless the quarterback is able to make a ton of plays with his feet, the other team has no chance.

This.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
it is kind of unreal to think smith and brooks can go the whole year at such a high level and not need a break. our depth there is razor thin but what the hell, it was so nice to see the guys get back to tackling. last sunday was horrrid and it really stood out cuz we have been so good in that area. i am now convinced it was the midwest time thing last sunday,, the vikings do not want to come to our place, hopefully, in the playoffs
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
They laid the smack down on jets today. Total domination
yes, they were violently good. i just did not think they could have two off games in a row
I think we need to be more worried about our O-line than our D
Originally posted by joseglopez00:
I think we need to be more worried about Staley than our D

Fixed
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Fixed

Nice fix because Boone, Iupati and Davis don't have me worried at all.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Fixed

Nice fix because Boone, Iupati and Davis don't have me worried at all.

All 3 of them have played great
The jets beg to differ..

The defense's red zone problems fixed. How do you fix opponents 5 of 5 100% rate in the redzone? Don't let them in the redzone! 0 of 0 redzone stats for Jets.
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
The defense's red zone problems fixed. How do you fix opponents 5 of 5 100% rate in the redzone? Don't let them in the redzone! 0 of 0 redzone stats for Jets.

When I saw that 5/5 stat, I thought great, they've allowed only 5 drives inside the red zone in 3 games!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
When I saw that 5/5 stat, I thought great, they've allowed only 5 drives inside the red zone in 3 games!

yes only 5 drives have been in our redzone in 4 games now. All 5 have gone for TD's. But Jets didn't even cross the 20 at all. Now, opponents have scored from farther out than the 20, but it's only been a 75yd punt return and Ponder's 23yd run. Not including FG's of course.
[ Edited by 9ers4u on Oct 1, 2012 at 3:02 AM ]
This thread is a perfect example of the irrational thinking on this board. 49ers have the best defense in the NFL period
Originally posted by matt49er:
This thread is a perfect example of the irrational thinking on this board. 49ers have the best defense in the NFL period

He said they've regressed. That's a relative phrase. To this point, they haven't been as good as last year. They're the best defense in the NFL... last year they were among the best of the last ten years. A bit better against the pass, and they'd have been in the '85 Bears/'02 Ravens discussion.

So, yeah, they've regressed... but that doesn't mean they're bad. Aldon Smith and Justin Smith haven't been quite as dominant. That's the main difference. They looked good against the Jets, though, so maybe that gets them back on track.
[ Edited by adembroski on Oct 1, 2012 at 3:49 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone