There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This could be our Eagles game from 1994

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I dunno. We got our asses throttled by the eagles in 94. I was at that game. It was nothing like the vikings game.

Also Alex didn't go off on Harbs like Steve went off on Seifert for pulling him out of the game

But it was just as miserable

that game helped turn the season around ...and wow , I remember steve wouldnt shut his yapper on the sidelines after he was pulled, and the cameras following every movement of his ranting , but to be fair, I was glad they pulled him , the Eagles front 7 was crushing him

It actually wasn't just as miserable. We lost to the Vikings by a couple scores and were still in the game late in the 4th. We lost by like 40 points in 94, and were out classed in every facet of the game.

The only thing that's similar was both games were losses.
Yeah well our entire team just got punked by the fricken Vikings
I dunno. We got our asses throttled by the eagles in 94. I was at that game. It was nothing like the vikings game.

Also Alex didn't go off on Harbs like Steve went off on Seifert for pulling him out of the game

that game helped turn the season around ...and wow , I remember steve wouldnt shut his yapper on the sidelines after he was pulled, and the cameras following every movement of his ranting , but to be fair, I was glad they pulled him , the Eagles front 7 was crushing him

It actually wasn't just as miserable. We lost to the Vikings by a couple scores and were still in the game late in the 4th. We lost by like 40 points in 94, and were out classed in every facet of the game.

40 pts or 11 pts , it was still an ass beating that conjures up memories of that horrible game , the only thing that s**tty vikings game was missing was Elvis Grbac
The difference is that Steve Young was playing with a major chip on his shoulder. After that game, he knew he had to put the team on his shoulders and carry it, which makes sense --- as he was the central figure of that team.

Unless our DEFENSE (the central figure) feels like it has a chip on its shoulder and plays lights out for the rest of the year, we're not gonna see similar results. I doubt Alex changes his style after what happened in Minn.

40 pts or 11 pts , it was still an ass beating that conjures up memories of that horrible game , the only thing that s**tty vikings game was missing was Elvis Grbac

I completely disagree. There's a huge difference between a 40 point loss and an 11 point loss. There's a huge difference between a future HoFer getting benched and throwing a tantrum on the field and Alex refusing to throw the ball down field graciously accepting the loss.

But as far as a rallying cry to propell the team to a super bowl title? Hey, I'm all for it.
today's bummer should be it....the vikings game was the montana chiefs game
Hmmmm........Steve Young having an off day vs. Alex Smith having an off day. Future HOFer vs. future Jacksonville Jaguar. The guy that could beat you with his arm and leg vs. the guy that....well barely beats you.

I hope you're right. Alex is still the only QB on this roster that can take us to the promised land.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
No. That team had Steve Young. Smith is and never will be close to Young. And we had Mike Shananan as our OC. Roman is a moron. And that year our first round pick (BY), was kicking ass and actually playing. If anything this game proved Harbaugh to check his ego, and that his s**t isn't better than everyone elses.
[ Edited by Apone on Oct 14, 2012 at 9:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Apone:
No. That team had Steve Young. Smith is and never will be close to Young. And we had Mike Shananan as our OC. Roman is a moron. And that year our first round pick (BY), was kicking ass and actually playing. If anything this game proved Harbaugh to check his ego, and that his s**t isn't better than everyone elses.

What's your deal?
I think our next loss will be the eagles game, and the one after that too
I don't know man. Every time we've gotten our asses kicked the '94 Eagles game is mentioned. That was 18 years ago. We haven't won a Super Bowl since. Today we just got manhandled. Have to bounce back strong against Seattle on Thursday.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home