There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This could be our Eagles game from 1994

2010 Packers after week 3 were 2-1 - Superbowl
2011 Giants after week 3 were 2-1 - Superbowl

The Minny loss was our wake-up call. The Yets are gonna face a pissed off Niner team. Sucks to be them this Sunday.
Originally posted by BayArea:
2012 49ers after week 3 were 2-1-Suberbowl

*fix

[ Edited by Rocket4989 on Sep 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM ]
I'm curious to see how we respond. I think we come out and bulldoze the Jets for the whole game. There's no way we play like this again all season. I doubt we revert back to the 2003-2010 days like some seem to believe (which is a ridiculous overreaction based off one crappy game, which virtually every team has every season).
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
The Minny loss was our wake-up call. The Yets are gonna face a pissed off Niner team. Sucks to be them this Sunday.

Lol, were gonna lose

And they both ended up 6 seeds too. Not sure if that's the path I want to take.
Way too soon to be giving up. We'll see what kind of character this team has, though. That '94 followed up the Eagles' game with a horrible first half in Detroit. Remember Steve Young crawling off the field? They came back to win & dominated the rest of the way to a 5th Superbowl.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
2012 49ers after week 3 were 2-1-Suberbowl

*fix

Didn't we go 2-1 in 06, and 08 or at least two of the last 8 years?
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:

And they both ended up 6 seeds too. Not sure if that's the path I want to take.

You'd rather go 13-3 and lose in the NFC Championship than go 10-6, 9-7 and win the Super Bowl?
Originally posted by Ether:

You'd rather go 13-3 and lose in the NFC Championship than go 10-6, 9-7 and win the Super Bowl?

Rather go 13-3 and win the Super Bowl than go 10-6 or 9-7 and have to play 3 road games to get to the Super Bowl. I guess it doesn't matter how they do it though, as long as they win the Super Bowl.
I dunno. We got our asses throttled by the eagles in 94. I was at that game. It was nothing like the vikings game.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I dunno. We got our asses throttled by the eagles in 94. I was at that game. It was nothing like the vikings game.

Also Alex didn't go off on Harbs like Steve went off on Seifert for pulling him out of the game
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Also Alex didn't go off on Harbs like Steve went off on Seifert for pulling him out of the game

But it was just as miserable

that game helped turn the season around ...and wow , I remember steve wouldnt shut his yapper on the sidelines after he was pulled, and the cameras following every movement of his ranting , but to be fair, I was glad they pulled him , the Eagles front 7 was crushing him
That game and Steve's reaction to being pulled kind of rallied that team around him.

For this team that game was more like the Cowboys game from last year. Probably a game they should have found a way to win but they kinda gave it away instead.
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
That game and Steve's reaction to being pulled kind of rallied that team around him.

For this team that game was more like the Cowboys game from last year. Probably a game they should have found a way to win but they kinda gave it away instead.
last years Cowboys game still pisses me off , our home crowd got punked out by the Cowgirls fans , and our DB's giving up 80 yard gains inthe final minutes