LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

The "my god it's insane how drastically everyone is over-reacting" thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not too worried, the Giants last year at one point lost 4 in a row and 5 of 6. They made the playoffs because the Cowboys gave them the deciding game. The niners lost one game, their first 10 am game. Pacific teams have a well documented horrible time with those. It's the beginning of the season, not the end of it.

Every team has its ups and downs, and this was the niners down. All the talk of them being the best got to their heads and they were overconfident, and the Vikings were not who they thought they were. They will bounce back with a vengeance and get on a roll starting now like after last year's Cowboy's game, where they were also pretty bad on defense.

This season is going to be exciting, no longer will the division be theirs by week 13, because the Cardinals are now a good team that believes, it may come down to the end.
Gonna be just fine. This is the wakeup call the team needed to tell them they arent immortal, and will have to work even harder than last year to get where they want to go. No one is going to roll over for us, and we have a huge Bullseye on our backs as the team everyone wants to beat. Time to rise up and show what kinda team we really are.
The sky isnt falling but the forecast calls for continued light showers of Hershey squirts until thursday
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I really don't know what to make of this loss, you can say it's a fluke or trap game or what not to make yourself feel better, but personally I would feel better if this team lost at least in a tough close match, but instead they got beat badly like they had no business being there.

Not true...we we were STILL just a couple bounces (Whitner's dropped pick-6, Akers' blocked FG, thr Goldson BS personal foul, etc) from winning.

And officiating didn't help. Wasn't the sole reason we lost, obviously, but if Vikes get more than 1 lousy holding call game is different. Losing sucks but there's a surprising amount of upside, a departure from what was often the case in the past.
the refs were a non factor. the vikings have a bigger b***h then we do when the coach got his way on the challenge deal. no we were our own worst enemy. the vikings , fans, coaches and P.A guy all showed up. we did not and got our ass kicked. usually you can say the coaches had a good game plan and the players did not carry it out. I have no idea what the hell the game plan was cuz the coaches and players looked clueless. I am sure it was just a bump in the road but the first two minutes of sunday will determine that in my opinion no matter if we have start off playing offense or defense. i am glad its outside
Nothing wrong with a wake-up call! I fully expect Harbaugh to use it as yet another tool in the growth & maturation of this team!!!!
[ Edited by NYCNINER on Sep 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
The sky isnt falling but the forecast calls for continued light showers of Hershey squirts until thursday

there was alot of s**tting in the bed , of the bed and down the legs sunday afternoon
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Do any of you think an elite defense (Ravens, Texans, Pitt) would have let the likes of Kle Rudolp and Ponder spill their guts on the field like that ?? Im just asking, b'cuzz people always say our defense is elite, but 1- were not the #1 defense in the league, 2- Athletic TE's give use problems, and 3- Unhearalded QB's give us fits !! and Sanchez/T-Bow are looming

This is ridiculous. The Texans have played Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Tannehill, and the enigma that is Peyton Manning. For the 47th time, the Ravens lost to Blaine Gabbert last year and Ponder in 2nd year >>>>> Gabbert in 1st year. So is the Ravens defense not elite? The Steelers just gave up 34 points and lost to the Raiders who could EASILY be worse than the Vikings this year. Hell, they needed a last second FG to beat Curtis Painter and Kerry Collins last year:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310925011

The Ravens lost to Michael Vick and the Eagles who looked TERRIBLE in their 2 other games, so is the Ravens defense not elite? Was the 2000 Ravens defense not elite because they lost to Jay Fiedler and Kordell Stewart?

Athletic tight ends give us problems? Ya, you're right, we must be the only team who Jimmy Graham, etc. plays well against. You're right. All the other good defenses can shut him down. Let's just conveniently ignore that he also had a 100 yard day with a touchdown against the Texans D last year. Your double standards are out of control. Ya I'm sure if a guy like Gronkowski played the Steelers he'd be held to -3 catches for -25 yards or something. Oh no wait, he averaged over 90 yards last year in his 2 games vs. Pittsburgh and Baltimore. So clearly athletic TE's give the defenses you refer to as elite problems too. Unheralded QB's always give us fits? Find me another team outside the 2007 Patriots who went all year without losing at least once to an unheralded QB. And ya, we must suck against them. That must be why Tarvaris Jackson, Josh Freeman, Colt McCoy, John Beck, AJ Feeley, etc. all smacked us around last year, oh wait...

This post is too moronic for me to continue bashing it to pieces lol
Originally posted by cciowa:
there was alot of s**tting in the bed , of the bed and down the legs sunday afternoon

Ya, we fell behind like 7 or 10 in the 1st half and everyone was calling the game, and more hilarious, the season, over. We were down 3 touchdowns at Philly midway through the 3rd quarter and won, yet people say the game was over down 1 touchdown in the first half. I'm truly embarrassed to call myself a fan of the same team as so many of you.
I'm glad that Fredy P Soft came for a visit this early in the season to serve a wake up call to the niners, rather than later in the season when there's playoff implications.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Ya, we fell behind like 7 or 10 in the 1st half and everyone was calling the game, and more hilarious, the season, over. We were down 3 touchdowns at Philly midway through the 3rd quarter and won, yet people say the game was over down 1 touchdown in the first half. I'm truly embarrassed to call myself a fan of the same team as so many of you.
last year when we lost two late in the year, there were so many screaming that we had been exposed, there goes home field advantage, we will not win another game for the rest of the year, blah blah. we came back and beat the steelers and my hope is that we respond with our backs against the wall sunday. when we are considered the favorites that is when the wheels come off. i guess some of the fans can not be blamed. after years of s**tty ball, i am sure some still not can not believe we are no longer that type of a franchise. Sad to say but a loss or a lack of effort and emotion we showed yesterday brings back alot of s**t and memories we have tried so hard to forget

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sdniner:
I'm glad that Fredy P Soft came for a visit this early in the season to serve a wake up call to the niners, rather than later in the season when there's playoff implications.

best thing for them is not come home , stay in a jr college dorm and practice old school on the pavement parking lots in ohio. just get back to what we do best for gods sake. i do not know what the hell that was sunday but it was not 49er football
Eh, I'm just as pissed as anyone else, but all good teams crap the bed once in a while. Hopefully, it's just a hiccup and not a trend.

It really does speak to the randomness of football at times. Before the season started, if you'd told me we'd beat the Packers in Lambeau but lose to the Vikes, I would of said you were high. Any given sunday, I guess...
1994 Supebowl team lost 40-8 early in that season. The team played a flat road game. It happens. If you told me at the start of the season the team would play 3 out of its first 4 on the road and they would have been 3-1 I would have signed up for it in a second. If they don't beat the Jets (who looked atrocious yesterday) then I'll be worried.
This is ridiculous. The Texans have played Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Tannehill, and the enigma that is Peyton Manning. For the 47th time, the Ravens lost to Blaine Gabbert last year and Ponder in 2nd year >>>>> Gabbert in 1st year. So is the Ravens defense not elite? The Steelers just gave up 34 points and lost to the Raiders who could EASILY be worse than the Vikings this year. Hell, they needed a last second FG to beat Curtis Painter and Kerry Collins last year:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310925011

The Ravens lost to Michael Vick and the Eagles who looked TERRIBLE in their 2 other games, so is the Ravens defense not elite? Was the 2000 Ravens defense not elite because they lost to Jay Fiedler and Kordell Stewart?

Athletic tight ends give us problems? Ya, you're right, we must be the only team who Jimmy Graham, etc. plays well against. You're right. All the other good defenses can shut him down. Let's just conveniently ignore that he also had a 100 yard day with a touchdown against the Texans D last year. Your double standards are out of control. Ya I'm sure if a guy like Gronkowski played the Steelers he'd be held to -3 catches for -25 yards or something. Oh no wait, he averaged over 90 yards last year in his 2 games vs. Pittsburgh and Baltimore. So clearly athletic TE's give the defenses you refer to as elite problems too. Unheralded QB's always give us fits? Find me another team outside the 2007 Patriots who went all year without losing at least once to an unheralded QB. And ya, we must suck against them. That must be why Tarvaris Jackson, Josh Freeman, Colt McCoy, John Beck, AJ Feeley, etc. all smacked us around last year, oh wait...

This post is too moronic for me to continue bashing it to pieces lol

I mentioned elite defense b'cuzz that's what you and media continue to laud- and I just dont see ANY defense as elite that allows Ponder and Rudolph to shred it. We have had problems stopping the pass since forever, and although were better, I dont think we ranked that high in pass defense ratings last yr. or this one so far ! And yes the unheralded QB's you just mentioned DID smack us around, but did they do that to everyone else ? hmmm., compare thestats and get back to me. Didnt mention Graham, but he DID light us up, and Pettigrew and Rudoplh ARE NO Graham, so should we feel better,or am I more right about that point ? I dont havta go back to 2000 like you did-last yr. Moeaki lite us da f..k up too! and most of the times we get scored on is by slot and TE guys. Hell FB outta backfields get us too. Bottom line is yesterdays game supports my assesment/arguement... Talk all you wont but Who won, who lost, and how did it happen ????

PS- Bet Keller has a better game vs. us than Rudolph...bet me
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Sep 24, 2012 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I mentioned elite defense b'cuzz that's what you and media continue to laud- and I just dont see ANY defense as elite that allows Ponder and Rudolph to shred it. We have had problems stopping the pass since forever, and although were better, I dont think we ranked that high in pass defense ratings last yr. or this one so far ! And yes the unheralded QB's you just mentioned DID smack us around, but did they do that to everyone else ? hmmm., compare thestats and get back to me. Didnt mention Graham, but he DID light us up, and Pettigrew and Rudoplh ARE NO Graham, so should we feel better,or am I more right about that point ? I dont havta go back to 2000 like you did-last yr. Moeaki lite us da f..k up too! and most of the times we get scored on is by slot and TE guys. Hell FB outta backfields get us too. Bottom line is yesterdays game supports my assesment/arguement... Talk all you wont but Who won, who lost, and how did it happen ????

PS- Bet Keller has a better game vs. us than Rudolph...bet me

So then how the hell did we win 13 games last year if our D isn't elite? Is it because our offense was elite?? LMAO. And again, how is the Ravens D elite if they lost to rookie Blaine Gabbert. Double standards. Double standards. Double standards. That's all I see here.
Share 49ersWebzone