There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Finally Time to Blame HARBAUGH !

Originally posted by Mann716:
i knew this conservative sh*t was going to catch up to us. i seen this coming even in our 2 wins. We MUST open up the offense.

I'll admit I swept it under the rug because we were winning. But the conservative playcalling was so obvious today. The best example was after Kyle Williams gave us outstanding field position after his 94 yard Kick return. Two runs for 5 or 6 yards and a rollout by Alex on third down which amounted to nothing. What in the world was that? Totally wasted great field position. But then again we did it so many times in the redzone last season which is why Akers set the FG record.
The team was just flat. It's not the end of the world. Offense has to open up. If you continue to allow a team to go toe to toe like the Vikings did the conservative game plan goes up in smoke. My thinking going into the game was that there was no way Petersen was 100%, guess I was wrong. 49ers didn't get beat they got beat up.
Harbaugh does make bonehead decisions. Today exposing them. Not letting Moss run wild. We have all the arsenal in the world yet we dink and dump. I'll even bring up the Cowboys game from last year when he took the three points instead of the 1st down, and removing a struggling Kyle williams returning the ball.Let Smith play!! If you don't trust him don't play him.
I felt like we didn't want to win especially with the PC in the 4th... Very anti the Saints playoff game
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
everyone on the team except for kyle williams had a s**tty day. i wouldn't get all emotional and compare harbaugh to singletary LOL

The play calling was similar...run up the middle until you vomit.
So the only way Harbaugh wouldn't get blamed is if we went 19-0 this year...ya ok that seems fair
  • fly15
  • Veteran
he's a qb guru
cant wait to forget about this one
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Fire Harbaugh. (Joking)

Everybody has a bad game. I'm a little concerned about some of the calls Roman made, though. Fangio sucked today, too.

Ya, pretty disappointed in the way he called the D today.

Anyone, see that there where like 2 people wide open on that second passing TD by ponder?

AP ran COMPLETELY free outa the backfield and ponder didn't see him. But ended up throwing to the most covered person... Who still caught it.

Also, why not dial up some blitzes when we weren't getting any pressure at all with our down 4?
Originally posted by lordfangio:
So the only way Harbaugh wouldn't get blamed is if we went 19-0 this year...ya ok that seems fair

well he deserves a lot of the blame...if you saw the game, the whole team looked flat and the offensive play calling was very vanilla

We weren't going to win em all but we didn't fall short to a good team...we got outcoached and out played by a team we should've beat easily...the HC takes the responsibility when the team beats themselves.
Yeah, our coaching staff had a bad day also. All around loss.
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
You can't blame this all on Harbaugh. Roman calls the plays remember. Lets not forget...Alex runs the offense and is responsible for throwing the ball.

why does it look like Harbaugh is calling them though? He has the plays in front of him and he covers his mouth and says them. is it just because he relays what Roman says to him onto Smith via headset? What a federal government-like process if that is the case...
Dingleberry isn't still calling the plays? Coulda fooled me today..
Originally posted by Baldie:
The vikes beat us at our own game plan.....run out the clock so the other team doesn't get a chance and play D. When teams do that against us, we'll be in alot of trouble.

And guess what, we didn't run the ball on them when Gore avg 5.3 but only ran 12 times. And the Defense didn't play up to their standards and gave up a TD on the 1st drive on a 4th down, gave up a rushing TD by Ponder and 2 TDs to their TE, made their TE look like VD LOL.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Sep 23, 2012 at 9:43 PM ]
Originally posted by KegBert:
Ya, pretty disappointed in the way he called the D today.

Anyone, see that there where like 2 people wide open on that second passing TD by ponder?

AP ran COMPLETELY free outa the backfield and ponder didn't see him. But ended up throwing to the most covered person... Who still caught it.

Also, why not dial up some blitzes when we weren't getting any pressure at all with our down 4?

Cause they game planned against the run (AP), but they failed at pass defending (Mainly Harvin and the TE, they made the TE look like VD with 2 TDs LOL). Their plan was to surprise the Vikings with passing and stop the Vikings' running game and expect Ponder to fail, but when none of that work out, the team just fell into disarray and never recovered since the pass protection was horrible all game and the defense never play up to their own standards and never got good pressure on Ponder. Like Harb said after the game, "We didn't get it done." LOL!!! Like I said, should have run the ball more to set up the pass and the defense as a whole learned a lesson, play your best every Sunday or don't expect to win on Sundays.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Sep 23, 2012 at 10:06 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home